iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

Originally Posted by Backirvine

Could someone help me out. For some reason some of my albums don't get displayed as one album. They all have exactly the same name for the album but still get displayed like this

screenshot20100720at085.png
because you put the featured artists in the same field as the main artist.  either move those to the song title, or keep them like that + add the main artist in 'album artist' and you may have to mark it as a compilation.

Also like someone said, what do you do about Genres. It is 2010 and everything can be considered 3 different styles.

I break my Rap up into Region.
South
Midwest
East Coast
West Coast

Then I have
Blue-Eyed Soul (Self Explanatory)
Rock
Video Game Music
Wrestling Music
TV Themes
Soundtracks
Folk
Go-Go
Interviews (For those non-Podcast audio files interviewing wrestlers/athletes)
Pop (Mike Jackson only)
TV Themes

Also like someone said, what do you do about Genres. It is 2010 and everything can be considered 3 different styles.

I break my Rap up into Region.
South
Midwest
East Coast
West Coast

Then I have
Blue-Eyed Soul (Self Explanatory)
Rock
Video Game Music
Wrestling Music
TV Themes
Soundtracks
Folk
Go-Go
Interviews (For those non-Podcast audio files interviewing wrestlers/athletes)
Pop (Mike Jackson only)
TV Themes

Can someone one point me in the direction of where I can get that black skin for my Itunes?
nerd.gif

Can someone one point me in the direction of where I can get that black skin for my Itunes?
nerd.gif

^ 90% of my music is from share sites, and I dont' seem to have any problem with Genius except for weird results in the pre-made genius mixes.

^ 90% of my music is from share sites, and I dont' seem to have any problem with Genius except for weird results in the pre-made genius mixes.

Originally Posted by raburns04

yeah John Mayer ended up in my electro mix

Originally Posted by omgitswes

My 'contemporary' R&B mix is full of stuff that dates to before Rock & Roll was a separate genre, smh

Originally Posted by omgitswes

My 'contemporary' R&B mix is full of stuff that dates to before Rock & Roll was a separate genre, smh

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Whats a program to convert music to a higher quality?

You cant convert music to a "higher" quality. It cant get better than the original.
think of it as trying to convert a dvd rip to blu ray. or a 400x700 pixel picture into 1600x2800 pixel

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Whats a program to convert music to a higher quality?

You cant convert music to a "higher" quality. It cant get better than the original.
think of it as trying to convert a dvd rip to blu ray. or a 400x700 pixel picture into 1600x2800 pixel

A 2part dumb question:

What's the easiest way to save my itunes collection? I have a Western passport external harddrive.

Once its all saved on the external HD, lets say I download a new album . . . when I hook up the HD again to save it, will it resave the whole library again? Or just the new stuff?

THANKS!!!

A 2part dumb question:

What's the easiest way to save my itunes collection? I have a Western passport external harddrive.

Once its all saved on the external HD, lets say I download a new album . . . when I hook up the HD again to save it, will it resave the whole library again? Or just the new stuff?

THANKS!!!

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

is there a way that I can separate the music I sync to my ipod from the rest without having to check the boxes? I only have 8gb on my itouch and I rotate on music once in a while

You can make a playlist and have it so all the songs in there sync to your iPod Touch
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

is there a way that I can separate the music I sync to my ipod from the rest without having to check the boxes? I only have 8gb on my itouch and I rotate on music once in a while

You can make a playlist and have it so all the songs in there sync to your iPod Touch
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom