iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Noskey

I'm pretty sure AAC is the only Lossless format you can import to iTunes. I know FLAC wont, I'm not 100 on any others. But that's gonna be the best you get.

There has to be some way to get FLAC on itunes. I really don't want to have to use winamp just for the few FLAC files that I have.

it'll play as a Quicktime file if you leave as FLAC....you need FLUKE to move the FLAC files into itunes. I just converted to Apple Losseless so they will play on any ipod.

I'm pretty sure AAC is the only Lossless format you can import to iTunes. I know FLAC wont, I'm not 100 on any others. But that's gonna be the best you get.

There has to be some way to get FLAC on itunes. I really don't want to have to use winamp just for the few FLAC files that I have.

it'll play as a Quicktime file if you leave as FLAC....you need FLUKE to move the FLAC files into itunes. I just converted to Apple Losseless so they will play on any ipod.

And you're listening to FLAC because?

You can't tell the difference between a lossless file and a v0 mp3

You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise

The only reason to have FLAC on your pc is to have an exact copy of the cd.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

nice. i'll give it a shot

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

The only reason why I have it is because where I get some of my classical music, that site is mainly FLAC. It's only like 100 or so files

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

nice. i'll give it a shot

The only reason why I have it is because where I get some of my classical music, that site is mainly FLAC. It's only like 100 or so files

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by 0cks

Yezzir
pimp.gif

I downloaded that entire Angie album just to play that Sacario joint in a dorm room party
laugh.gif
Good ol DC++...

Really though all that organizing/listening was like 4 years in the making. I strongly recommend you start getting your library on point in HS. I got mine cleaned up in like 2005 after I joined last.fm and started listening to everything I had. Spent crazy time doing it but it's worth it now. When you graduate you will have zero time for organizing and the opportunity will be forever lost
smh.gif

Your screenshot just motivated me to get off my *%$ and recover all the extra music I had sitting on an old 80gb hard drive I had stached in my closest for the last decade. So I finally purchased a cheap 3.5" hard drive enclosure and literally swapped a bunch of albums, soundtracks, promo cds, promo vls, etc. onto my primary hard drive and this is where my iTunes stands at the moment:

2cxdsvt.jpg

I feel I would have way more music in my collection today had on not gone through over 50+ re-formats in my lifetime.

Sidebar: DC++ was the !+!@. I was more of an mIRC junkie though haha.
Well damn! I'm lucky, I have never lost any music *knock on wood* I have everything backed up on DVD's though.
And anyone asking why keep albums for a few songs...why not? Hard drive space is only increasing I have a terabyte slave drive, I'm not hurtin for room. Btw the albums from the dorm's took like less than a minute to download. It's really convenience, who knows my tastes always change I may rediscover some stuff I dismissed before...

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by 0cks

Yezzir
pimp.gif

I downloaded that entire Angie album just to play that Sacario joint in a dorm room party
laugh.gif
Good ol DC++...

Really though all that organizing/listening was like 4 years in the making. I strongly recommend you start getting your library on point in HS. I got mine cleaned up in like 2005 after I joined last.fm and started listening to everything I had. Spent crazy time doing it but it's worth it now. When you graduate you will have zero time for organizing and the opportunity will be forever lost
smh.gif

Your screenshot just motivated me to get off my *%$ and recover all the extra music I had sitting on an old 80gb hard drive I had stached in my closest for the last decade. So I finally purchased a cheap 3.5" hard drive enclosure and literally swapped a bunch of albums, soundtracks, promo cds, promo vls, etc. onto my primary hard drive and this is where my iTunes stands at the moment:

2cxdsvt.jpg

I feel I would have way more music in my collection today had on not gone through over 50+ re-formats in my lifetime.

Sidebar: DC++ was the !+!@. I was more of an mIRC junkie though haha.
Well damn! I'm lucky, I have never lost any music *knock on wood* I have everything backed up on DVD's though.
And anyone asking why keep albums for a few songs...why not? Hard drive space is only increasing I have a terabyte slave drive, I'm not hurtin for room. Btw the albums from the dorm's took like less than a minute to download. It's really convenience, who knows my tastes always change I may rediscover some stuff I dismissed before...

Noskey wrote:

Like someone else said you can use FLUKE to import FLAC files to iTunes but it's not really worth it for most people in this thread since you can't modify the album artwork in any form.

Noskey wrote:

Like someone else said you can use FLUKE to import FLAC files to iTunes but it's not really worth it for most people in this thread since you can't modify the album artwork in any form.

You CAN'T be serious.

FLAC is the BEST dude. You must not have BOSE headphones.
laugh.gif

You CAN'T be serious.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Noskey wrote:

You CAN'T be serious.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Noskey wrote:

You CAN'T be serious.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

33kym95.jpg

inspired i am ... will be done in a month or 2 .... got about another 500 albums ... on a side note anyone can pm me some good classical music sites ... 

33kym95.jpg

inspired i am ... will be done in a month or 2 .... got about another 500 albums ... on a side note anyone can pm me some good classical music sites ... 

Well, my MacBook Pro crapped out and now I have to transfer 500+ albums to my MacBook.

Not backing up my collection was clearly for the loss.

2gxpf0k.png

Not even 60 albums deep and I haven't even rated a single song yet...

mad.gif

Well, my MacBook Pro crapped out and now I have to transfer 500+ albums to my MacBook.

Not backing up my collection was clearly for the loss.

2gxpf0k.png

Not even 60 albums deep and I haven't even rated a single song yet...

mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom