iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Questions, how do you guys organize Rap and Hip-Hop genres? Do you guys have 'em together like "Rap/Hip-Hop" or separated like "Hip-Hop" and "Rap"? Thanks in advance.

Well it depends on what you consider rap and hip-hip. Some people think its one in the same. Personally I separate them. For example I would put lupe fiasco under hip-hop and M.O.P under rap.

Questions, how do you guys organize Rap and Hip-Hop genres? Do you guys have 'em together like "Rap/Hip-Hop" or separated like "Hip-Hop" and "Rap"? Thanks in advance.

Well it depends on what you consider rap and hip-hip. Some people think its one in the same. Personally I separate them. For example I would put lupe fiasco under hip-hop and M.O.P under rap.

Originally Posted by Miniojw

I put rap like West Coast, East Coast, Dirty South etc.

For Windows, here's the secret: use Media Monkey to clean-up and Organize. Media Monkey has Amazon lookup for tagging and Album art and it also has renaming tools so that all you're files are named using the same naming scheme for the actual files. Once you've let it do the heavy lifting, go to iTunes and select "import folder". Point iTunes to you Top level music folder and voila. iTunes is a crap music database, but it is the official sync tool for iPhones and iPods. Use it as a sync tool, not an organizational tool.

www.mediamonkey.com

For Windows, here's the secret: use Media Monkey to clean-up and Organize. Media Monkey has Amazon lookup for tagging and Album art and it also has renaming tools so that all you're files are named using the same naming scheme for the actual files. Once you've let it do the heavy lifting, go to iTunes and select "import folder". Point iTunes to you Top level music folder and voila. iTunes is a crap music database, but it is the official sync tool for iPhones and iPods. Use it as a sync tool, not an organizational tool.

www.mediamonkey.com

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

oh yeah I do that also but I only separate east and south. I don't have enough west coast albums for me to consider separating them. (I'm East Coast bias)

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

oh yeah I do that also but I only separate east and south. I don't have enough west coast albums for me to consider separating them. (I'm East Coast bias)

I'm trying to pull off songs from my iPod classic since my HD took a dump...Any suggestions for programs or ways to recover the songs like a free Senuti type program?

I'm trying to pull off songs from my iPod classic since my HD took a dump...Any suggestions for programs or ways to recover the songs like a free Senuti type program?

Originally Posted by agold1002

okay i got a little problem and have no idea what to do...my album art on my ipod and my album art on the computer are different and i dont know how to fix it...

someone answer this please- same problem

okay i got a little problem and have no idea what to do...my album art on my ipod and my album art on the computer are different and i dont know how to fix it...

That has happened to me before. Go back, and delete the artwork. Click OK. Go back and place the correct artwork.

That has happened to me before. Go back, and delete the artwork. Click OK. Go back and place the correct artwork.

Originally Posted by triple5sole

where do u guys download all these complete albums. Im so jealous. its beyond dope.
35bggad.gif

Originally Posted by ErvinSB91

Just a quick brainstorm. You can try:
delete the pic save than put it back on and save OR
delete the pic save make a cpot of the song put the pic in the new copy and delete the OG

See where that take you guys

Originally Posted by ErvinSB91

Just a quick brainstorm. You can try:
delete the pic save than put it back on and save OR
delete the pic save make a cpot of the song put the pic in the new copy and delete the OG

See where that take you guys

Getting there...

104iz4y.jpg

How does dude have 130 albums and only 5 gigs of music?

Garbage rips are a lawse.

Back
Top Bottom