Iverson to the Pistons

Originally Posted by dreClark

Figured that Dyess would be bought out and then would return in a month (if the reports are true out of Denvers front office)
Why would Denver even do that? That's kinda dumb to me.

To shore up their frontcourt.. They lost McDyess and that other center.

This is a great trade for Denver. They actually have someone now who will play defense voluntarily.

you still have that fat blob melo not even guarding the space his body takes up ... only person in the league i know that tries to not play defense

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by dreClark

Figured that Dyess would be bought out and then would return in a month (if the reports are true out of Denvers front office)
To shore up their frontcourt.. They lost McDyess and that other center.

Huh?

Denver would let McDyess go to shore up their frontcourt?

I think its more on McDyess' part. He's said he doesn't want to even put on a Denver uni. He's said he'd rather retire then play for them.So either he'll be bought out & retire...or be bought out & return.

i guess no marbury for iverson trade will go down now... there was no speculation i was just hopin lol

I dont see how this trade works for the pistons (chemistry-wise), so iverson at point? ...im just gotta wait and see..

Denver obviously improved after this trade..

i think that their game vs the lakers was one of the main reason this trade happened.. or maybe its just me
smile.gif

dont understand why ai gets no love for being an official point guard ... yall even peep his numbers since the trade to denver?

Iverson has to have the ball in his hands and make his own offense to be effective. Will he be happy and effective running an offense? Is Rip going to run thebaselines if doesnt get the ball or only get the ball off a jump pass when Iverson cant get his?

Detroit didnt get Iverson to put them over the top but rather because his contract ends after this season and they free up money for a free agent. They wontresign Iverson for that amount so Iverson goes to another team next season. And then he will take a pay cut to go ring chasing.

Great deal for both teams.

- Nuggets get a stabel point guard, what they needed, for a couple years and a guy in Billups who will help stabilize the Defense. Plus, he is a Denver nativeso bringing in the hometown kid never hurts. Plus Iverson and Melo was a failed experiment, good try but it was time to move on.
- Let's be honest, Detroit's time as a contender is finished. They would have still been one of the better teams in the East but they wouldn't havebeen able to beat the Celtics or Cleveland in a 7 game series anymore.
- After this season Rasheed and Iverson are off the books which means that they will have so much cap space to lure a big free agent. Plus with a young stablenucleus of Amir, Maxiell, Stuckey, Rip and Tayshaun, they have enough pieces where a free agent would want to come and play their. Joe D is a man who knows howto make basketball moves.

For the people who say this is a great trade for the nuggets, do you think this makes tham a championship contender in the next 3 years? If not, why in thehell would you take on Billups' contract. Detroit is gonna let Iverson walk, use that money to sign someone significant next year or to and they will comeout better

laugh.gif
And Detroit still has Walter Hermann. When this dude gets clock, he can do some damage.

I doubt Detroit gets LeBron, Bosh, or Wade though.

as a detroit fan,this really touched me..breaking up my 4 like that..i kill online wit detroit...everybody had a at least 20 with maxiel with a solid 4.imstill not really feelin this trade.team was built around big shot.Always been a fan of Mcdyess...The Nuggets Suck,They Will Never win in the west.Doubt Princewill start at the 4 and stuck still gon be on the bench.Nevertheless A.I will always do his thing and i seen him at a couple get togethers...he aight in persontoo.

BBBBB-Billups to the Nuggets? Damn!

Nuggets desperate for a ring ASAP......but that ain't happening in the West.

Good move for Detroit though.

laugh.gif
So will Stuck give up his number to A.I.? Stuck's idol is D. Wade, hence why he wears #3 (obviously).

Back
Top Bottom