Iverson to the Pistons

It's more shocking to me to realize Billups is no longer with the Pistons than AI now a member of the Pistons. AI will not help Detroit go anywhere thisseason.

just heard rich bucher on espn stating that rip is likely to have a role coming off the bench

umm..que? idk how i would feel if i were rip

i think i have pistons/wizards tickets
pimp.gif

i gotta check again
laugh.gif

What's all of this AI gets a pass talk? What did he do in Denver? Playoffs every year he was with the team in a strong West. So we'll fault AI for notgetting them to the second round when that wasn't even considered "his" team? Why not blame Melo?

Anyway, with the exception of Melo and Camby (prior to this year), who on the team is even worth mentioning?

I don't understand why AI takes so much flack. Garnett was in the same boat until he was traded, making him the third superstar of a team filled with solidto good role players. Then he wins a ring and everybody forgets about the past 10 or so years of his career.

What about the Stockton's, Malone's, Barkley's, etc...?

People have always hated on AI and will continue to do so...it's that simple.

This is AI's first LEGIT team and chance to win since he CARRIED that 2000 team on his back to the Finals. The Pistons will be/remain a Top 3 team in theEast...mark my words.

There is one sticking point to the deal, though. TNT analyst David Aldridge reports that McDyess does not want to go to Denver, and a source close to him says"he will not put on a Nuggets uniform" and may opt to retire.

Whats going on with players now-a-days!
It a job! You get paid an insane amount of money to play basketball, go do your job.

Sign me up for that AI Pistons home and away authentic please...
I've always been a fan of AI... Never really liked the teams he played for until now tho.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

just heard rich bucher on espn stating that rip is likely to have a role coming off the bench

umm..que? idk how i would feel if i were rip

seriously, one year of AI is not worth alienating the rest of your team.

This is AI's first LEGIT team and chance to win since he CARRIED that 2000 team on his back to the Finals. The Pistons will be/remain a Top 3 team in the East...mark my words
this is the exact same crap that people were saying about AI going to Denver. Oh, AI has never had another player this, AI is on a real teamnow....Granted this trade certainly doesnt hurt the Pistons, but they wont be a finals team because of it.
What did he do in Denver?

I dont know if you saw how Melo was playing before AI went there. He was averaging like 30 ppg and people were making threads on NT about how he was the bestoffensive player in the league, and the AI came and Denver was actually thinking about trading Melo in the offseason.

wow i was literally
eek.gif

iverson is my favorite bball player and he is arguable one of the best

now i have to grow into liking the pistons now dammit

hopefully he meshes well wit the pistons and finally wins a title

This is going to be interesting.. how will AI fit into the Pistons?

Would AI and RIP keep scoring via the feeding of another PG? Or would AI assume a pass-first, score-second mentality?

Anyhow, I want AI to win a ring, he deserves it!

Nuggets are ******ed.

1. They didn't fire George Karl
2. They traded Camby for nothing
3. They trade A.I. for two players that wont make their any team better.

On the other hand, Joe Dumars is a friggin genius. I've criticized this guy in the past for firing Carlisle and drafting Darko but this trade is straightup robbery for the Pistons. $21 mill coming off the books this summer and around $40 million to spend with Rasheed's contract expiring as well
eek.gif

Rip, Tayshaun, Amir, Afflalo, Stuckey, Maxiell and $40 million to spend for a perennial 50 win team shows you how great of a GM Dumars is.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Coming from a guy who thinks Baron Davis is better than A.I.
grin.gif
what does that have to do with anything?
grin.gif

That your credibility when talking about A.I. is shot. You got some ill hatred towards that man. Anyway, IMO both teams got a good deal, but Denver got thebetter one because they finally get that PG that they needed who can shoot the open jumper and distribute the ball. Didn't really catch man Pistons gamesso I don't Know about them. A.I. is not that great of a PG so it will be interesting to see how they handle A.I., RIP & Stuckey. I hope it works outfor Chuck though.

That your credibility when talking about A.I. is shot. You got some ill hatred towards that man.
haha, ok. so that means i'm unable to rationalize that a.i. hasn't been winning lately? doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

don't be mad that it's true now
wink.gif

This is AI's first LEGIT team and chance to win since he CARRIED that 2000 team on his back to the Finals.

He carried a team with the Coach of the Year, the DPOY, & the 6th man of the year?
He was the MVP that season and had better seasons since yet he couldnt do anything since then.
So now at age 33 coming of a season where scored 26 and 7 assists a game but couldnt make others around him better he's suddenly going to make the Pistonschamps?

Back
Top Bottom