Iverson to the Pistons

laugh.gif
So will Stuck give up his number to A.I.? Stuck's idol is D. Wade, hence why he wears #3 (obviously).

So I guess the Nuggets are going to buy out McDyess' contract, meaning he'll become a free agent.

Miiiiitcccccch!!!!!

laugh.gif

i'll reserve judgement until I see them in person on Nov 11 vs the bobcats
ohwell.gif
...sad to see my fav player go

they need to get rid of GEORGE KARL!

Wow, it seems near unanimous that everyone thinks BOTH sides benefitted from this trade.

And I have to agree.

I thought Detroit did this trade with another move in mind. But as it stands, they can wait to see how well the team is able to gel until at least the all-starbreak. At that point, Dumars can always fine-tune the squad if he so chooses.

As for Denver, my man Melo finally gets his shot to be THE MAN. It really is all on him now. He has help too so I don't want to hear any excuses from him.

Great trade all around.

I like how Denver and Detroit are able to pull the trigger so soon yet the Knicks are still - STILL - trying to figure out what to to with Stephon Marbury.
smh.gif

edit:
What's good with the smh gif?

laugh.gif
@ the thought of AI AND Sheed b-----'n to the refs-AT THE SAME TIME
eek.gif
laugh.gif
oh my god...yall thought the Pistons stayed B'in before...

Iverson, Sheed, Tay with his frail arms in the air after every play...if Ben was still here, some all-time records woulda been broken.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

So I guess the Nuggets are going to buy out McDyess' contract, meaning he'll become a free agent.

Miiiiitcccccch!!!!!

laugh.gif

devil.gif
we got an open spot for a vet
pimp.gif

Yeah just seen it on the ticker, Denver is gonna buy Dice out, He will be back in Detroit.
So in theory it was The Answer for Mr Big Shot.

Im more comfortable having Dice back...

Gonna be crazy the 1st time Mason announces AI "THE ANSWER...... ALLEN IIIIIVVVERSOOONNNNN"

Now, I just pray the Pistons and Lakers both don't make it to the finals.... I almost got lynched in Detroit rockin my Kobe jersey lmao!

the %*@% man
indifferent.gif

i don't want to be a pistons fan
smh.gif

my girl lives in michigan..so it sorta works out
but still
i hate that organization.
this is some BS

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Wish Iverson would play tonight just because i want to see him play.

laugh.gif
This dude cracks me up. I swear every time I see dude post it'sone sentence, one line. I guess that's his NT gimmick or something.

Pistons gonna get smashed tonight.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Wow, it seems near unanimous that everyone thinks BOTH sides benefitted from this trade.

And I have to agree.

I thought Detroit did this trade with another move in mind. But as it stands, they can wait to see how well the team is able to gel until at least the all-star break. At that point, Dumars can always fine-tune the squad if he so chooses.

As for Denver, my man Melo finally gets his shot to be THE MAN. It really is all on him now. He has help too so I don't want to hear any excuses from him.

Great trade all around.

I like how Denver and Detroit are able to pull the trigger so soon yet the Knicks are still - STILL - trying to figure out what to to with Stephon Marbury.
smh.gif

edit:
What's good with the smh gif?

what happen to the years before A.I???Lebron been doin his thing...That West Is No Joke..Melo gotta breeze.

They Need To Get Rid of Some teams man!!!Bucks,Nuggets,Warriors,76ers aint winnin for at 20 years.oh yea and the home team Knicks
tired.gif

Dont really like this trade for the Pistons. I don't see AI fitting in well in Detroit.

But I do kinda like it for Denver, they have a REAL PG now who plays D and Melo can be the star of the team once again.

what's the last big shot Mr. Big Shot made?

dude is living off a rep from a few years ago.
funny because i think the same thing of AI.

a.i. isn't a winner anymore. i don't know what it is, but the guy just can't win. that's not saying he's not talented, he just hasn'tbeen a winner since the 6ers made the finals. chauncey though has been consistent throughout his tenure at detroit. i know it's hard to convince anyoneon NT otherwise because we all love iverson but the guy is just not a winner.

Why is AI getting another pass? When he got traded to Denver everyone said they were an instant title contender. How'd that turn out?
We used to have Melo vs. Lebron debates, but then AI came on board and demoted his *** to Glenn Robinson status.
This guy is lucky to get another chance with a well-equipped team. If the Pistons don't reach the finals this year, it's a wrap for that dude! We don't wanna hear it!

Originally Posted by Goldmember

I dont see how this trade works for the pistons (chemistry-wise), so iverson at point? ...im just gotta wait and see..

Denver obviously improved after this trade..

i think that their game vs the lakers was one of the main reason this trade happened.. or maybe its just me
smile.gif
It's just you. AI was deifnitely getting traded well before the Lakers game. When they named Kenyon and Melo as captains and not AI, it wasapparent.

I'm interested to see how this works out with the 3 guard rotation in Detroit. I assume Stuckey will not start now, and Detroit will have to run AI at thepoint and Rip at the 2 being that they are vets. It would be slick if Rip would take a 6th man role and let Stuckey start at point with AI at shooting guard,but somehow I don't think that will happen to start games. All I can say is, good luck with Iverson playing point guard. He is a score-first guard andwill always be that way. Thinking he will conform to the system in Detroit is a joke, AI doesn't conform. Teams conform to him. I hope I'm wrong. But good luck, he is a lot of fun to watch!

This move was made by Detroit because...

Dumars has been back and forth whether to dismantle the team.
Trading for a 1 year contract of Iverson gives them the last boost for the title.
And if it doesnt work they just got rid of over $20 Million in Iverson's expring contract.
Plus with Rasheed's expiring $10 mill...they can finally build around guys like Stuckey, Affalo, Maxiell, and Prince (Who still is young).

I wouldn't be suprised if Rip is dealt this offseason.

This deal is great for both teams.

To the person asking when the last big shot Chauncey made was, didn't he hit a 3 to win against the celtics last year early in the season? I seem toremember him breaking Rondo's ankles and pulling up for a game winner. Was I just imagining that? If not, then that is the last big shot I saw him hit, andI only see 3 or 4 Pistons games a year.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Why is AI getting another pass? When he got traded to Denver everyone said they were an instant title contender. How'd that turn out?
We used to have Melo vs. Lebron debates, but then AI came on board and demoted his *** to Glenn Robinson status.
This guy is lucky to get another chance with a well-equipped team. If the Pistons don't reach the finals this year, it's a wrap for that dude! We don't wanna hear it!
Where and what is the "pass" that he's getting? I think everyone knows what the Pistons are getting with him.

Most people with credibility didn't believe that Denver was a title contender.

The Melo vs. Lebron debates didn't stop because of A.I. going to Denver, they stopped because Lebron raised his level of play exponentially.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

what's the last big shot Mr. Big Shot made?

dude is living off a rep from a few years ago.
funny because i think the same thing of AI.

a.i. isn't a winner anymore. i don't know what it is, but the guy just can't win. that's not saying he's not talented, he just hasn't been a winner since the 6ers made the finals. chauncey though has been consistent throughout his tenure at detroit. i know it's hard to convince anyone on NT otherwise because we all love iverson but the guy is just not a winner.

Coming from a guy who thinks Baron Davis is better than A.I.
grin.gif
. Chuck backin the east though
pimp.gif
gotta make a decision on whether to cop the white or alternateauthentic.

Back
Top Bottom