Iverson to the Pistons

As a pistons fan..i am not sure how this will help the pistons in the short term..i believe A.I. is not the player he use to b when he went to the finals withthe worst finals team in recent memory..the only thing that this will do is when iverson's contract is up they will have a huge amount of money in order tolure players away (maybe lebron?, bosh? boozer?..who knows)

I will miss Billups and Mcdyess..but it's a business..will definitely try and see a game this year..if the trade goes well..who knows i might get aniverson jersey
laugh.gif

eek.gif
@+*

roll.gif
this makes the cavs less relevant again

the pistons seriously needed a closer/go to guy
billups never had that superstar swagger or talent

I still don't see the pistons beating the celtics,lakers, or hornets though

roll.gif
@ denver

im confused, so its....

PG- Stuck
SG- RIP
SF- Prince
PF/C- Wallace
PF/C- Maxiell

6th- A.I.............off the bench and the closer????

Mcdyess to the Lakers!!!!! Do it Mitch!!!

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

That your credibility when talking about A.I. is shot. You got some ill hatred towards that man.
haha, ok. so that means i'm unable to rationalize that a.i. hasn't been winning lately? doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

don't be mad that it's true now
wink.gif

So by your logic, i guess it means your boy Baron isn't a winner too then huh?

waaaah

im not supposed to post at work but i had to when i heard about this

when is billups and dyess' contract up anyways?

I can see the Nuggets gelling alot more with McDyess and Billups coming on the team than when Iverson and Melo played together.

As for Allen I.....time will tell if this makes the Pistons win more games. It's nice to have another guy who can come through in Rasheed Wallace.

As a Pistons fan, I am very happy. While I loved Billups, Stuckey has real potential, and lets not forget about that deal we gave Maxiel. So great mood to cashout on Billups and McDysee while we still can, Iverson will still be dropping buckets late into his 30s early 40s..

Originally Posted by RawSheed

just heard rich bucher on espn stating that rip is likely to have a role coming off the bench

umm..que? idk how i would feel if i were rip
Rip might not like it, but it would be the smartest thing for the Pistons to do, IMO. It really spreads out their offense over 48 minutes andgives the Pistons a chance to keep a scoring threat on the floor all game.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

im confused, so its....

PG- Stuck
SG- RIP
SF- Prince
PF/C- Wallace
PF/C- Maxiell

*+!$.

Words cannot describe how much I hate Lakers fans. I just absolutely cannot stand them.

So by your logic, i guess it means your boy Baron isn't a winner too then huh?
nope. he's not. i never claimed he was. hell, iverson actually made it to the damn finals.

and i honestly fail to see what baron has to do with iverson. do you bring this up because you have nothing else to say in that you know i'm right aboutiverson's previous 8 years?? i'm curious.

this is def the best team iverson has had around him but it's not as much of an improvement as people seem to think.

in his short time in denver he had a talented team with athletes at the 2,3,4, and 5.

one of which is an all star and one of the premiere young forwards in the L.

and the DPOY to hold things down in the paint.

at the least it will sell some tickets and jerseys at the palace.

ai and rip = the new dopest backcourt in the league.

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

im confused, so its....

PG- Stuck
SG- RIP
SF- Prince
PF/C- Wallace
PF/C- Maxiell

*+!$.

Words cannot describe how much I hate Lakers fans. I just absolutely cannot stand them.
laugh.gif

1. Maxiell doesn't even start
2. IF he did, he wouldn't be a Center
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

the %*@% man
indifferent.gif

i don't want to be a pistons fan
smh.gif

my girl lives in michigan..so it sorta works out

but still
i hate that organization.
this is some BS
laugh.gif
that's some trillapino reasoning....

This deal would have been even better for the Nuggets if they had kept Camby.....that being said, let's see the type of player Melo' can finally be. It's all on him.

And also, to anybody who fails to see how this helps Denver, you should really just stop posting.

Also, people are really misguided in what they think Camby actually did for this team. He was as much a cancer as he was a helper. People who think Denvermade a huge mistake letting him go are generally those who read stats and see maybe 2-3 Nuggets games a year.

I won't really comment on the Detroit side because I think they have a replacement for Chauncey in Stuckey, plus Iverson brings a true playmaker/scorer toa VETERAN championship contender...

I gotta wonder though, what in the hell are the Nuggets doing?
smh.gif

• Both Iverson and Billups are about the same age...so why trade the expiring contract of an aging veteran for an aging veteran who has an additional 3 yrs left on his deal?
    smh.gif
  • Denver has scorers in Melo and JR, but that's about it. Nene and Kenyon are fragile as hell, so don't count on them playing an entire season....who's their backup? Birdman
    smh.gif
  • Chauncey was perfect in the grind it out, slowed down pace in the East...but I worry about him playing more games in the West against some of the elite pgs in the league...
  • George Karl is still the coach
    smh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

im confused, so its....

PG- Stuck
SG- RIP
SF- Prince
PF/C- Wallace
PF/C- Maxiell

*+!$.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
3. Why would the Lakers want Mcdyess, they have too many big men already they dont need another one.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

im confused, so its....

PG- Stuck
SG- RIP
SF- Prince
PF/C- Wallace
PF/C- Maxiell

*+!$.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
3. Why would the Lakers want Mcdyess, they have too many big men already they dont need another one.

1. McDyess wants to retire more than be a Nugget, why not win a ring on the way out because DN has absolutely NO SHOT!!!!!! + we dont have a PF that can GUARDanyone like Duncan and KG he might bring that
2. A.I. CAN NOT play PG nor can he run an offense nor is he even going to pick up the offense for at least a month... thats just dumb to throw a washed upscorer to run a offense he does know!!!!!!! .... + Stuck is the truth imo
3. PF and C are interchangeable positions in the Eastern Conference..and if Maxiell is not starting he SHOULD... dude is a beast

Step your game up!

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I won't really comment on the Detroit side because I think they have a replacement for Chauncey in Stuckey, plus Iverson brings a true playmaker/scorer to a VETERAN championship contender...

I gotta wonder though, what in the hell are the Nuggets doing?
smh.gif

• Both Iverson and Billups are about the same age...so why trade the expiring contract of an aging veteran for an aging veteran who has an additional 3 yrs left on his deal?
    smh.gif
  • Denver has scorers in Melo and JR, but that's about it. Nene and Kenyon are fragile as hell, so don't count on them playing an entire season....who's their backup? Birdman
    smh.gif
  • Chauncey was perfect in the grind it out, slowed down pace in the East...but I worry about him playing more games in the West against some of the elite pgs in the league...
  • George Karl is still the coach
    smh.gif

That's what I don't understand either....it would be one thing if Billups was under 30, but he's going to be under contract w. the Nuggets(assuming he stays there) until he is 35. I mean, Iverson's 20 million is off the books after this season (as well as Sheed's contract)....DetroitCOULD make a run at both Bosh & Lebron in 2010...obviously I'm not saying it will happen, but they will have a ridiculous amount of cap space/money toplay with.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

And also, to anybody who fails to see how this helps Denver, you should really just stop posting.

Also, people are really misguided in what they think Camby actually did for this team. He was as much a cancer as he was a helper. People who think Denver made a huge mistake letting him go are generally those who read stats and see maybe 2-3 Nuggets games a year.

This trade is excellent for the Nuggz. Although I like AI, it will be nice having George Washinton High School's own Chauncy Billups back in town again.However, in terms of Camby I have to disagree. I've watched the Nuggz religiously for almost 15 years and I've been to countless home games. Camby,when healthy was great for the team. He was our best defender and our most reliable post player for the last 2 seasons. With Nene and Kmart getting hurt allthe time, Camby was huge for the team.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

im confused, so its....

PG- Stuck
SG- RIP
SF- Prince
PF/C- Wallace
PF/C- Maxiell

*+!$.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
2. A.I. CAN NOT play PG nor can he run an offense nor is he even going to pick up the offense for at least a month... thats just dumb to throw a washed up scorer to run a offense he does know!!!!!!! .... + Stuck is the truth imo
3. PF and C are interchangeable positions in the Eastern Conference..and if Maxiell is not starting he SHOULD... dude is a beast

Step your game up!

Ugh.

I can't even defend them.

But some of y'all dudes.
5+ Lakers fans posted opinions and gave valid points about the trade and then then you group the opinion of one dude into "this is why I hate Lakersfans"

eyes.gif

Can't say I'm not used to it.

Back
Top Bottom