Iverson to the Pistons

Originally Posted by knightngale

some people are acting like A.I. is still able to play at a 2001 level
Let's compare.

In 01, A.I. averaged 31.1 ppg, 4.6 apg, 2.5 steals/game and shot a .420 on 25.5 fga/game
In 08, he averaged 26.4 ppg, 7.1 apg, 2.0 steals/game and shot .458 on 19.0 fga/game

That looks like he's a much more efficient, well-rounded player. Add into the mix his contract situation and I'd say the Pistons won out big.

Its wierd though that a couple years ago, I thought AI was a '6er for life. Now this season he's on his 3rd team with most likely his 4th next season.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait rip just got a new 3 year deal and is suppose to be coming off the bench now?

Who said Rip is coming off the bench ?

I would be insulted if I was RIP.

someone posted it in this thread

Not a bad trade, usually when there's a big trade usually other teams follow, hopefully Knicks can get some things done

I like this trade. Detroit is a solid team that will go deep into the playoffs. AI and Rip in the same back court will be fun to watch.

he was supposed to go there a while ago. I've NEVER liked detroit, but that may be my team in the east now!

Now there's a new article on yahoo saying Dumars is simply doing this deal to clear cap room for LBJ in 2010.

hopefully ai wont be playin for a 4th team any time soon
wink.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Iverson is too old. Not worth the trade. He mine as well retire.

man go play nba2k or something ... ai is better than your favorite player

Originally Posted by mattmatics

anybody know when the press conference is for this? i wanna hear A.I.'s stance

Tomorrow. I believe its around 330 or so.

i think the trade was favorable for both teams. denver gets a true PG (no more of that anthony carter starting nonsense) and detroit gets a true scorer who cancreate his own shot. AND if it doesn't work out for detroit, they'll at least have stuckey next year to run the point.

what number he gonna wear? seeing that stuckey is number 3, or is he changing it?

Wow.....I heard about this at work.....trade doesnt really help either team in my eyes....especially not Denver....

this could get MADD INTERESTING!!! I'm from Detroit and a huge pistons fan so this could go either way...Billups is a STRONG team leader and the pistonsare a team, not a one man show like Iverson but put Iverson and RIP together and they will tear %%@# up!

He carried a team with the Coach of the Year, the DPOY, & the 6th man of the year?
He was the MVP that season and had better seasons since yet he couldnt do anything since then.
So now at age 33 coming of a season where scored 26 and 7 assists a game but couldnt make others around him better he's suddenly going to make the Pistons champs?
indifferent.gif
...We call it politics my friend...

Originally Posted by WILLINC

wait rip just got a new 3 year deal and is suppose to be coming off the bench now?

Who said Rip is coming off the bench ?

I would be insulted if I was RIP.

someone posted it in this thread
I did, as I stated, heard this straight from Ric Bucher on ESPN. just would be in much shock as you are.

Back
Top Bottom