J cole = new beanie siegal/peedi crack

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Really? Of all songs to use as evidence, Who Dat?!
laugh.gif
Child please
laugh.gif

Cole is one of the nicest dudes out today, but TIME's right, they're not ready for him to drop yet, it won't do well, and it's important his debut is timed correctly. He's there, but at the same time, he isn't.

Cole is one of the nicest dudes out today, but TIME's right, they're not ready for him to drop yet, it won't do well, and it's important his debut is timed correctly. He's there, but at the same time, he isn't.

know im late to the epic battle in here....but its just funny to see this thread...im a fan of Cole...sum of yall are right, some of yall or wrong...but what it boils down to is basically what I said in his thread: 
HipHopDoc09 wrote:
Ace Rawstein wrote:
Hats off to Cole...he just put out a mixtape and has been puttin out music absent of many of the cliches we have come accustomed to hearing in rap music
Music with no: Im Fly, Swag,Clothing, Drugs, Pimpin,Clubin, Jewelry, Cars, Money...

and if it is in song, its from a different perspective than the norm usually.

So yeah son gonna wear that regular irregular label to a lot of people because the listed above has actually become the regular

irregular= pain, family, school, growing up, life etc

entertainment to some, boring to others 

This...every word of it

funny the argument playin out just like that....sum of yall dudes wanna escape reality(urs or sum1 elses) in ur music of choice, which is cool....but ayyy "its like dat sumtimes, $^$#^in ridiculous"
tired.gif

know im late to the epic battle in here....but its just funny to see this thread...im a fan of Cole...sum of yall are right, some of yall or wrong...but what it boils down to is basically what I said in his thread: 
HipHopDoc09 wrote:
Ace Rawstein wrote:
Hats off to Cole...he just put out a mixtape and has been puttin out music absent of many of the cliches we have come accustomed to hearing in rap music
Music with no: Im Fly, Swag,Clothing, Drugs, Pimpin,Clubin, Jewelry, Cars, Money...

and if it is in song, its from a different perspective than the norm usually.

So yeah son gonna wear that regular irregular label to a lot of people because the listed above has actually become the regular

irregular= pain, family, school, growing up, life etc

entertainment to some, boring to others 

This...every word of it

funny the argument playin out just like that....sum of yall dudes wanna escape reality(urs or sum1 elses) in ur music of choice, which is cool....but ayyy "its like dat sumtimes, $^$#^in ridiculous"
tired.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

indifferent.gif
 + #%*+ for sayin coles mixtapes are better than Illmatic Reasonable Doubt It Was Written and Vol.2
laugh.gif
 @ Gucci makin better music than J.Cole
3. J.Coles Subject matter doesnt need to change at all what so ever
4.He has more passion and charisma than any new rapper that people are feelin including Drake (especially him)
5. He don't need none of that goofy @#$%in charasmatic ridiculous lil wayne gucci bull@#$% swag. He's good the way he is. Even if it is plain / ordinary / subtle. Not everyone needs to have that stupid @#$ fake superstar presence on record just to be considered great. There's no criteria, there's no requirements and there's no fulfillments.

I don't know why he's even being compared to Drake & Jeezy and Ross, he's not in that lane and never will be.

And Who Dat is a weak @#$%in song. And I feel that @#$%. But it's @#$%in weak.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

indifferent.gif
 + #%*+ for sayin coles mixtapes are better than Illmatic Reasonable Doubt It Was Written and Vol.2
laugh.gif
 @ Gucci makin better music than J.Cole
3. J.Coles Subject matter doesnt need to change at all what so ever
4.He has more passion and charisma than any new rapper that people are feelin including Drake (especially him)
5. He don't need none of that goofy @#$%in charasmatic ridiculous lil wayne gucci bull@#$% swag. He's good the way he is. Even if it is plain / ordinary / subtle. Not everyone needs to have that stupid @#$ fake superstar presence on record just to be considered great. There's no criteria, there's no requirements and there's no fulfillments.

I don't know why he's even being compared to Drake & Jeezy and Ross, he's not in that lane and never will be.

And Who Dat is a weak @#$%in song. And I feel that @#$%. But it's @#$%in weak.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

bittersweet wrote:
So ... we're going to act like Drake can make a 'Who Dat'?

That #*%%% on ANY Drake single, HIP-HOP/RAP wise. Period.

Drake makes 'songs' because he's a SINGER, Cudi makes 'songs' because he's a SINGER.

I don't think you've listened to his tapes of you're saying Cole doesn't have personality.
you act as if Who Dat is on some G Thang type level of impact.

something would have happened already for dude if Who Dat was that dope
Something like what? He has no album out yet, he's already signed with Jay. 
What more do you guys want RIGHT NOW? 

drake was signed after j cole wasnt he? his album been out for 6 months... what's holdin mr cole back? u guys say it isnt his music then it has to be something... (waits for yall to blame jay-z at which point i will exit the thread permanently)
You really think Drake was signed after Cole?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know less about the industry than I thought TIME.  
30t6p3b.gif

And dude said "something would have happened already if dude was that dope" ... 

What I'm asking is, RIGHT NOW, what do you guys want? He just put out a tape couple weeks ago that's broadening his fan base & doing numbers. 

So please don't argue why Drake is more "successful" because everyone should know that answer.

He's affiliated with Wayne, he sings, and he dumbed down his music for the women fanbase. 

And no ... Drake can't make a "Home for the Holidays", "Dreams", "Who Dat", "Simba", OR a "Can I Live". 

I don't know if it's ability anymore, or his lyrical prowess just isn't up to par. 

Stop acting like it's a problem that he won't drop yet ... they're doing the right thing with Cole.  _'s trynna rush *+$!, exactly why you don't work for a label.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

bittersweet wrote:
So ... we're going to act like Drake can make a 'Who Dat'?

That #*%%% on ANY Drake single, HIP-HOP/RAP wise. Period.

Drake makes 'songs' because he's a SINGER, Cudi makes 'songs' because he's a SINGER.

I don't think you've listened to his tapes of you're saying Cole doesn't have personality.
you act as if Who Dat is on some G Thang type level of impact.

something would have happened already for dude if Who Dat was that dope
Something like what? He has no album out yet, he's already signed with Jay. 
What more do you guys want RIGHT NOW? 

drake was signed after j cole wasnt he? his album been out for 6 months... what's holdin mr cole back? u guys say it isnt his music then it has to be something... (waits for yall to blame jay-z at which point i will exit the thread permanently)
You really think Drake was signed after Cole?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know less about the industry than I thought TIME.  
30t6p3b.gif

And dude said "something would have happened already if dude was that dope" ... 

What I'm asking is, RIGHT NOW, what do you guys want? He just put out a tape couple weeks ago that's broadening his fan base & doing numbers. 

So please don't argue why Drake is more "successful" because everyone should know that answer.

He's affiliated with Wayne, he sings, and he dumbed down his music for the women fanbase. 

And no ... Drake can't make a "Home for the Holidays", "Dreams", "Who Dat", "Simba", OR a "Can I Live". 

I don't know if it's ability anymore, or his lyrical prowess just isn't up to par. 

Stop acting like it's a problem that he won't drop yet ... they're doing the right thing with Cole.  _'s trynna rush *+$!, exactly why you don't work for a label.
laugh.gif

StaXX wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Lil B having a bigger buzz. 

laugh.gif
Same thing I was thinking, those low budget ++! Youtube videos don't get played on TV and HIS songs (not The Pack) don't get played on the radio nationwide

Don't let his Twitter followers and NT stans fool you

StaXX wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Same thing I was thinking, those low budget ++! Youtube videos don't get played on TV and HIS songs (not The Pack) don't get played on the radio nationwide

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

This...

It's sad but its true.

As much as I want his album to drop, I want him to do well even more. And I know damn well if it dropped right now dude does Banks numbers.

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

This...

It's sad but its true.

As much as I want his album to drop, I want him to do well even more. And I know damn well if it dropped right now dude does Banks numbers.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grass roots buzzin >>>>>>> machine manufactured label buzz

and Drake can do a Who dat in his sleep.....c'mon
laugh.gif

just da fact that he had to "dumb down" his lyrical approach doesn't mean he can't crank it right back up when he has to.

J cole got no charisma ...and until he grows some he's gonna be on da shelf.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

just da fact that he had to "dumb down" his lyrical approach doesn't mean he can't crank it right back up when he has to.

I can somewhat agree with ninjahood in the sense that yeah Cole's personality maybe a little weak. But his delivery/flow/rhymes are opposite of that.

I can somewhat agree with ninjahood in the sense that yeah Cole's personality maybe a little weak. But his delivery/flow/rhymes are opposite of that.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I respectfully disagree, what good is the grass rots buzz if you never get signed and release a retail album? Isn't that the point of getting in this business? There's only so far you can get releasing free mixtapes

Back
Top Bottom