[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

supposedly spring 2015 
nerd.gif

Big Sean brought out cole last night, he did can't get enough and no role modelz, man I can't wait for the tour.

Cole has a lot of underrated classics on his older projects. Lost ones, See World. Never Told, Too Deep For the Intro all have some really deep subject matter, and a re pretty damn good songs as well.

2Face

'How could I **** her raw, and I just met the ***,
My **** took over, it ain't never felt this wet before,
I'm stressing in my mind, but its way too late to stop it,
Make the **** so bad I had the condom in my pocket,
Let's change the topic.'

Last edited:
2Face

'How could I **** her raw, and I just met the how,
I'm stressing in my mind, but its way too Kate to stop it,
Let's change the topic.'

Boy that song is to real. Specifically that part. And like he said to preface it, "I know my n*****" feel this s***"[emoji]128532[/emoji]

FNL is his Magnum Opus. He knows it too.

Last edited:
Whole Friday night lights was pure [emoji]128293[/emoji] , just wish he would've drop that as his first album , Sideline story felt more like compilation album to me .

2Face

'How could I **** her raw, and I just met the ***,
I'm stressing in my mind, but its way too late to stop it,
Let's change the topic.'
How could i forget 2Face?

Whole Friday night lights was pure [emoji]128293[/emoji] , just wish he would've drop that as his first album , Sideline story felt more like compilation album to me .

FNL was supposed to be his first album but the label wouldn't give him a date. I guess they thought he wouldn't sell

Cole didnt want to lose his buzz and he wanted to show the label that they were wrong so he leaked it himself

I was listening to FNL and The Warm Up and those projects are so goddamn good.

Is it fair to say he peaked at FNL? 

2Face

'How could I **** her raw, and I just met the how,
I'm stressing in my mind, but its way too Kate to stop it,
Let's change the topic.'

Boy that song is to real. Specifically that part. And like he said to preface it, "I know my n*****" feel this s***"[emoji]128532[/emoji]

FNL is his Magnum Opus. He knows it too.

As time as set in Born Sinner >This.

I didnt like FNL as much as everyone ITT when it dropped gotta go listen to it again clearly.

As time as set in Born Sinner >This.

I didnt like FNL as much as everyone ITT when it dropped gotta go listen to it again clearly.
That's what I thought when I first heard  FHD. But now there about even in my eyes. I think this moment is bigger tho. Where coles at right now spiritually, I think FHD captured that.

I was listening to FNL and The Warm Up and those projects are so goddamn good.

Is it fair to say he peaked at FNL? 

I won't say he peaked...but if he dropped that as an Album, it would be like how we view illmatic for Nas...or Reasonable Doubt for Jay Z. It's just his best collection and most cohesive music in one body of work.

I hear FNL and it feels dated. I love it simply because I think about when it dropped how i found out about it on twitter and people were tweeting about it the whole night. But when I go backand listen to it some of the songs didn't age well. Too much for the intro and enchanted are the only records from that mixtape that can match the quality of the material he's making now imo.

I still think FHD is his best work but i like to put it into tiers

Top:

FHD, FNL

High:

TWU, TY series, AGS series

Mid:

Born Sinner, RotD

Bottom:

Sideline Story, The come up

Back
Top Bottom