[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

He raps about it a lot. 

http://genius.com/J-cole-dolla-and-a-dream-ii-lyrics

http://genius.com/J-cole-cole-world-lyrics

http://genius.com/J-cole-blow-up-lyrics

I'm really not trying to hear a guy who's rich talk to me about the ills of having student loan debt. There's being relatable and there's being annoying. 
So you never allowed to talk about your past to help others? Please tell any motivational figure or heck any rapper to stop rapping, because THEY all rap about the bad times. Even the "Lil whatevers"
He'd be helping me more if he rapped about his money and how fly his life is TBH

Naw I feel anti on preferring the braggadocios rap, Hov  is my favorite because he does it the best and he's more sophisticated with it. I just disagree with his opinion on cole being "fake" relatable  

It's a shame we don't want ****** to rap about what reality means to them but have no problems if they rap about fantasies. If you believe J Cole shouldn't rap about student loans because he's rich, you should also have a problem if he rapped about selling drugs since that would be a complete lie.

J cole hasn't been rich forever. Did it ever dawn on you that despite him being a famous rapper that he may actually have experiences with student loans?

If you see no problem with jay z rapping about drug dealing even though he's far removed from that lifestyle...how on earth does Cole rapping about student loans get you in your feelings?

Last edited:
It's a shame we don't want ****** to rap about what reality means to them but have no problems if they rap about fantasies. If you believe J Cole shouldn't rap about student loans because he's rich, you should also have a problem if he rapped about selling drugs since that would be a complete lie.

J cole hasn't been rich forever. Did it ever dawn on you that despite him being a famous rapper that he may actually have experiences with student loans?

If you see no problem with jay z rapping about drug dealing even though he's far removed from that lifestyle...how on earth does Cole rapping about student loans get you in your feelings?
Not really. I just enjoy raps about drug dealing. I've never been the one to pull peoples cards for lying in their raps. If every rapper rapped about moving bricks I wouldnt object.

Of course it did. But son had a rap deal and saw the hype that he was generating. He knew what his life trajectory was life and that his student loans were a non issue. Moreso than most who have them.

It doesnt get me in my feelings, I just dont care to hear rap about it.

Last edited:
Push the best drug dealing rapper anyway. Really what Anti is asking for is conforming to what 90% of the industry is doing right now rapping about money, cars, women, etc. And somehow 3 songs not having that content in them is a problem. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Push the best drug dealing rapper anyway. Really what Anti is asking for is conforming to what 90% of the industry is doing right now rapping about money, cars, women, etc. And somehow 3 songs not having that content in them is a problem. It's ridiculous.
Pusha T is a very good example. If he started doing what Malice is doing no one would listen. I know I'm never listening to Malice rap again unless he's talking about selling drugs. Its not like he magically became a worse rapper either. He's just not rapping about something I wanna hear

Subject matter matters. If you're rapping about something I dont want to hear about why should I want to listen?

Last edited:
i don't have a problem with what Cole raps about, it's just manner in which he chooses to do so is so blatent & literal.

Like for example Kendrick will tell a story or convey a theme saying black lives matter, Cole will just straight up say black lives matter.

True lyricism is being able to express something in a unique way never heard before & if Cole doesn't want to elevate his production then the same old flow gets tiresome quick.

Pusha T is a very good example. If he started doing what Malice is doing no one would listen. I know I'm never listening to Malice rap again unless he's talking about selling drugs. Its not like he magically became a worse rapper either. He's just not rapping about something I wanna hear

Subject matter matters. If you're rapping about something I dont want to hear about why should I want to listen?
You don't ever make sense though. Hate R&B but love Drake...how Sway?

i don't have a problem with what Cole raps about, it's just manner in which he chooses to do so is so blatent & literal.

Like for example Kendrick will tell a story or convey a theme saying black lives matter, Cole will just straight up say black lives matter.

True lyricism is being able to express something in a unique way never heard before & if Cole doesn't want to elevate his production then the same old flow gets tiresome quick.
Well put.

Anti uses the most bizarre logic , devoid of any sense or rationality. I still don't know if he's really like this or its part of a gimmick

1. Friday Night Lights

2. The Warm Up/The Come Up

3. 2014 Forest Hills Drive

4. Born Sinner

5. The Sideline Story

Best track imo: Too Deep For The Intro

Last edited:
Cole rapped about a lot of **** on his last album. It was pro black, talked about his high school days, culture vultures etc.

Drake sings/raps about the same ****. Ex girls and his friends. We know what Meek raps about mostly then he'll throw 2-3 real songs on there.

Antidopes logic in this last page :rofl:

Dude somehow ups his ridiculous opinions on a nearly daily basis. I find it pretty commendable at this point

Good stuff fam :nthat:

why do people always think the alternative to j.cole is club music?
this show be relevant enough to post now

As much as I like Cole....there is some truth to this.....

Alonzo gif...

Outside of like 1 and a half paragraphs, this is kind of a mess. I see what they were going for, but they failed. Pretty badly.

Is it me or is "I just enjoy raps about drug dealing" one of the most ignorant things I've ever read
laugh.gif
Considering who said it, you shouldn't have even be surprised.
Shame on me for having a preferred subject.

Some people like action movies, some people only like one sport, but because I prefer my rap music to be about drug dealing and general flyness I'm ignorant.

This right here...

No. If J.Cole was rapping about selling drugs I wouldnt have said a thing.

Rapping about the ills of being broke and having to move bricks is totally different than rapping about the ills of student loan loan debt and all the other stuff he cites. 

They are not the same to me at all

Is not having a preference. That's just flat out dumb. It's not the same type of struggle, but a struggle it is regardless. That's what he knows, so he's gonna rap about it.

But you wanna hear these fake *** street tales 95% of these Ns tell. You're not ignorant but your opinion is.

An opinion is an opinion though, there isnt a right or wrong one. People been trying to pass their's off as fact for the last few pages and not got called out on it. Whats wrong with anti prefering hearing people talk their drug **** over beats?

I get where he is coming from to an extent too, Common (for an example) makes forced/fake uplifting music sometimes and I hate it. If you dont feel like a particular subject from a rapper is coming from a genuine place you dont have to rock with it.

Last edited:
Cole's music plays it safe for the most part...people know what to expect from him and thats all there is to it

Exactly. And I'm trying to articulate the difference between him and Drake, but I can't seem to put it to words. Someone help me. They seem to have similar subject matter, but I rock with drake but not cole.

Back
Top Bottom