[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Come someone explain the concept to me behind "fake deep" or "fake uplifting"? 

What makes something "real deep"? 

Cole's entire personna seems forced to me. Like he's trying too hard.
This is hilarious because you just talked up Drake.

A ***** who has a ******* catalog of personalities he keeps in rotation. He's been a ******* butch lesbian jamaican for 2016. He was a trap star in 2015. Can't wait to see who Drake is in 2017.

Probably the MAIN guy out here in rap that's not wearing leggins or being a instagram thot...being as "regular" as it gets...is Cole...but he's the one who seems forced tho? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Really??? I mean I guess it depends on what song/who's on the track. U even hate Ja's hits???

Idc bout no damn Ja Rule lol. His werent trash but i aint bumping them jawns either. Off the top of my head, Wale is one of the only rappers who can pull them kinda songs off well. The Matrimony & The Bloom are great rap love songs by him off his last album

Drake is one of the few people who makes it not sound disingenuous though. I'm really not trying to hear Dave East talk about being in love with women ever, that is not his lane. Its not most rappers lane

You gay bro
Word. But a big part of the appeal of rap music to me is the misogyny. Rap songs about being in love with women are the antithesis of that. Furthermore, most rappers have crafted an image for themselves that just makes those songs sound funny. They don't fit.

Drake is one of the few people who makes it not sound disingenuous though. I'm really not trying to hear Dave East talk about being in love with women ever, that is not his lane. Its not most rappers lane

You gay bro
Word. But a big part of the appeal of rap music to me is the misogyny. Rap songs about being in love with women are the antithesis of that. Furthermore, most rappers have crafted an image for themselves that just makes those songs sound funny. They don't fit.

Anti bruh i always thought u were good peoples for supporting our boy curry since forever but you NEED to explain this haha

don't tell me you INTO misogyny i need an explanation :lol:

Last edited:

You gay bro
Anti bruh i always thought u were good peoples for supporting our boy curry since forever but you NEED to explain this haha

don't tell me you INTO misogyny i need an explanation
laugh.gif
In real life no absolutely not, in rap music its a resounding yes. Its fun to hear. I cant explain it any other way. 

Cant believe im saying this but Anti does have a point with artists who craft this image of themselves thru their work & aethestic that makes their love songs seem forced. Great example is Meek on his last album. Idc if he with Nicki, them tracks were obviously forced

Too bad Cole dont fit into that category tho lol. So it dont really apply to him

Cant believe im saying this but Anti does have a point with artists who craft this image of themselves thru their work & aethestic that makes their love songs seem forced. Great example is Meek on his last album. Idc if he with Nicki, them tracks were obviously forced
Exactly. Perfect example.

IDC how wifed up this guy is, all his raps about women should be in the vein of "I can steal your girl from you", "I got mad chicks", "I'm gonna dog her out" etc etc etc. 

Last edited:

Too bad Cole dont fit into that category tho lol. So it dont really apply to him

But wouldn't you say that's just the pressures of trying to break into the mainstream? Not everybody has the gift of appealing to the ladies or making the music they want to hear. Of course it's gonna sound forced when I'm making records I don't want to make.

Dave East, Meek, and whoever else you wanna put in that category, don't have the abilities of a Drake. Why even make that comparison in the first place?

I don't know about that. The most gangster dude hangs around women. Some rappers are just not good at it. DMX, Pac, Biggie were.

Anti just sounds like somebody that lives through rappers.

The sad thing is you ****** don't understand the science behind wanting music to appeal to women. Name ANY OF THESE ****** that reached the upper echelon of the music business without catering to women. I'll wait.

You weird ****** want guys to be tough for you
laugh.gif

"Nah i don't like Hov rapping about Beyonce, I want to see him pour champagne on someone's daughter"

60% of Dave East's fan base is female. Go on youtube and look at his shows. Go to instagram and look at who's leaving comments.

Why would he want to specifically pander to dudes and alienate women? You call that "forced" I call that making sense. 

Last edited:

I don't know about that. The most gangster dude hangs around women. Some rappers are just not good at it. DMX, Pac, Biggie were.

Anti just sounds like somebody that lives through rappers.
IDK how you came to that conclusion but thats not it at all.

The sad thing is you ****** don't understand the science behind wanting music to appeal to women. Name ANY OF THESE ****** to reached the upper echelon of the music business without catering to women. I'll wait.

You weird ****** want guys to be tough for you
laugh.gif

60% of Dave East's fan base is female. Go on youtube and look at his shows. Go to instagram and look at who's leaving comments.

Why would he want to specifically pander to dudes and alienate women? You call that "forced" I call that making sense. 
Trust me dude, I get it. Everyone is making this into some large thing. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do. He's trying to make it and I respect it.

All I said was if son isnt rapping about drugs, murder, or flyness I am going to skip that song. I am not trying to hear it. 

I dont expect anyone to change anything for my sake.

The sad thing is you ****** don't understand the science behind wanting music to appeal to women. Name ANY OF THESE ****** that reached the upper echelon of the music business without catering to women. I'll wait.

You weird ****** want guys to be tough for you:lol:  

"Nah i don't like Hov rapping about Beyonce, I want to see him pour champagne on someone's daughter"

Ladies "LOVE" cool James...

These n_ weren't raised right bruh. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom