[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Similar subject matter, how Sway?

As for opinions being wrong, you are correct in your assessment but one can justifiably characterize said opinion as non-sensical or ignorant.

I get where he is coming from to an extent too, Common (for an example) makes forced/fake uplifting music sometimes and I hate it. If you dont feel like a particular subject from a rapper is coming from a genuine place you dont have to rock with it.
He's one of the worst with it. No one cares about your fake songs with you standing outside that girls house.

Also this is the main point I've made about rappers making songs about being in love with women. It all sounds disingenuous 

Last edited:
He's one of the worst with it. No one cares 

Also this is the main point I've made about rappers making songs about being in love with women. It all sounds disingenuous 

But you like Drake...again does not compute.

He's one of the worst with it. No one cares 

But you like Drake...again does not compute.
Drake is one of the few people who makes it not sound disingenuous though. I'm really not trying to hear Dave East talk about being in love with women ever, that is not his lane. Its not most rappers lane

I get where he is coming from to an extent too, Common (for an example) makes forced/fake uplifting music sometimes and I hate it. If you dont feel like a particular subject from a rapper is coming from a genuine place you dont have to rock with it.
He's one of the worst with it. No one cares about your fake songs with you standing outside that girls house.

Yet Drake keeps recycling songs about crying over ex girls and saving strippers and you love it. :lol: Makes no damn sense.

Even though I like some of his R&B stuff Drake makes the most corny, simp R&B songs.

Yet Drake keeps recycling songs about crying over ex girls and saving strippers and you love it. :lol: Makes no damn sense.

Even though I like some of his R&B stuff Drake makes the most corny, simp R&B songs.

Which is funny because he doesn't like R&b music because of the subject matter, the same subject matter that drake always sings about :lol:

Last edited:
An opinion is an opinion though, there isnt a right or wrong one. People been trying to pass their's off as fact for the last few pages and not got called out on it. Whats wrong with anti prefering hearing people talk their drug **** over beats?

Right or wrong, no. Ignorant as hell, yes. Especially the context within the opinion. It sounds dumb.

I'm not stating anything as a fact, but tell me how preferring to hear lies and fairytales is better than listening to rappers tell real life stories....

Cole's music plays it safe for the most part...people know what to expect from him and thats all there is to it
Exactly. And I'm trying to articulate the difference between him and Drake, but I can't seem to put it to words. Someone help me. They seem to have similar subject matter, but I rock with drake but not cole.
Drake is the superior artist. Drake is a jack of all trades master of none so he can just adapt to what is hot... kinda like a light skin kanye

An opinion is an opinion though, there isnt a right or wrong one. People been trying to pass their's off as fact for the last few pages and not got called out on it. Whats wrong with anti prefering hearing people talk their drug **** over beats?

Right or wrong, no. Ignorant as hell, yes. Especially the context within the opinion. It sounds dumb.

I'm not stating anything as a fact, but tell me how preferring to hear lies and fairytales is better than listening to rappers tell real life stories....
can someone like movies like inception more than like say saving private ryan? Or Superhero movies vs. Documentaries?  Don't act like their is only one way to enjoy a form of art/media

and before you say "we talking about rap though" their's people who only care about beats/production and not care about lyrics at all.

can someone like movies like inception more than like say saving private ryan?
Yes, but it should be a crime to dislike either one of those movies.
thats fair 
laugh.gif

Common makes fake forced music?

How is it fake when he's been doing it for 20 years?

Resurrection, One Day It'll All Make Sense...

Are you familiar with his catalog at all?

Common makes fake forced music?

How is it fake when he's been doing it for 20 years?

Resurrection, One Day It'll All Make Sense...

Are you familiar with his catalog at all?
key word is "sometimes". and yes i'm familiar which is why i used him as an example. Glory is the song I had in mind when I made that post, a song with an obvious goal/feel/sound in mind that he forced for a movie soundtrack.

Runaway Love by Ludacris is a perfect example of this. The epitome of forcing it. Song sucks too.

Last edited:
key word is "sometimes". and yes i'm familiar which is why i used him as an example. Glory is the song I had in mind when I made that post, a song with an obvious goal/feel/sound in mind that he forced for a movie soundtrack.
Who are you to say Common has forced anything though? Sounds like you're talking straight outta your *** my man.

There's nothing fake about how much Common cares about his community and cares about racial and social equality.
I don't understand the **** that I'm reading right now.

Common is out there helping people out day and night, he's living his raps. I can't compute this level of trolling anymore

Who are you to say Common has forced anything though? Sounds like you're talking straight outta your *** my man.
There's nothing fake about how much Common cares about his community and cares about racial and social equality.
I don't understand the **** that I'm reading right now.

Common is out there helping people out day and night, he's living his raps. I can't compute this level of trolling anymore
Nobody said anything about his contributions to our community, I just felt like since he was a part of that movie he felt he had to make a song that "sounded" a certain way. Glory doesn't feel genuine to ME, the same way those song celebrities and music artist used to get together and make back in the day.

Nobody said anything about his contributions to our community, I just felt like since he was a part of that movie he felt he had to make a song that "sounded" a certain way. Glory doesn't feel genuine to ME, the same way those song celebrities and music artist used to get together and make back in the day.
Couldn't disagree with your assessment more.

Couldn't disagree with your assessment more.

Thats cool. I mean it is my opinion.

I couldnt care less if he was living his raps out or not. Its not like I think Rick Ross is a drug kingpin. But give me a choice and I'm taking what Rick Ross raps about over what Common raps about 10/10 times.

can someone like movies like inception more than like say saving private ryan? Or Superhero movies vs. Documentaries?  Don't act like their is only one way to enjoy a form of art/media
and before you say "we talking about rap though" their's people who only care about beats/production and not care about lyrics at all.

Ok this where where I'm coming from and why, to me, it's an ignorant statement.

Hip Hop for me isn't just entertainment. It's very influential, and for the better part of a decade "drug rap" has taken over the genre. This is the **** that influences kids to sell drugs and kill people (please save your opinions about this because it's a different discussion in itself). So, here comes a guy like J. Cole who's rapping about positive **** and encouraging his community and you got guys saying "Nah man, I'll stick to the rappers who talk about selling dope and killing people."

I mean, come on :lol:

I couldnt care less if he was living his raps out or not. Its not like I think Rick Ross is a drug kingpin. But give me a choice and I'm taking what Rick Ross raps about over what Common raps about 10/10 times.
At least you're consistent.

Last edited:

Too far :lol:

I'd pick Common's BE album over anything ross or jcole has put out. There is room for all their music in my playlist though

Back
Top Bottom