[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

The best is just as important as the lyrics. But besides the beat h doesn't have one single good hook on the album as well

There's are some of the best hooks he's ever created though.

She's Mine hook, immortal hook, ville mentality.

Every hook on here is fire, may not be as catchy as the "Workout song" hook but still fire nonetheless

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius dat dude chris dat dude chris

Im not refuting that the album isnt bumping, that it lacks the bounce and uptempo that FHD had. Thats clear as night and day. Its obvious that this album is lacking the type of songs that made some of yall fans, that cannot be argued IMO

I am more so challenging the statement that boring=bad.

When you guys say something is boring, I see yall as saying its bad, that its a failure. Sooo because you dont care for the pace of the album, does that make it bad?

I see a dark and slow album. You guys see a boring and wack one... but you say you are attributing that to the music tho right, not the content?

Trust me I get it... its pretty easy to not be a fan of this album.

Let me put it like this, the point of music mainly is to entertain since it is a form of entertainment. Some ppl are entertained by certain aspects of music, whether its the content of the lyrics, instrumentation, the melodies etc.

So when someone says an album was boring, in a way it does mean theyre calling it bad since it didnt serve its purpose of being entertaining

My problem with this album is the tempo of the entire album & Coles delivery especially as a singer. He cant sing so songs like Ville Mentality are struggle af to me. The tempo is slow & similar throughout the album after De Ja Vu. His lyrics are fine for the most part but albums concept doesnt feel fully formed & executed right IMO of course.

Im glad you like it & others too. Im glad hes getting the sales he deserves cuz those numbers gain him even more recognition outside of just hip hop fans but i just wish all this came from a better sounding album like Forest Hill

Now i aint gon lie, I only listened to this album once cuz it disappointed me heavily so i havent felt the need to revisit it since the first day but imma give it another go on my way home from work to see if i change my mind on it & it grows on me

Last edited:
My opinion.

But name your top 10 please.

Real easy of the top and what I still listen to since 06

Good kid mad city
My beautiful dark twisted fantasy
teen dream
Channel orange
The seer
A seat at the table
Modern vampires of he city
Boxer
Halcyon digest
Reflektor
Kaputt
Currents
Bon iver

Last edited:
Anyone who calls TPAB garbage never listened to the album PERIOD.

That's easily the best album in the past 10 years.

Not one single list you find online from 2015 best albums of the year throughout all genres will have TPAB in any place besides #1. That's saying something.

Take time and actually listen to the album.
It's not even the best album in Kendrick's roster.

Album is very J Colish to me.

I knew what I was getting, so I wasn't really excited to listen to this on Friday at 12am.

J Cole is for the fake deep, they use J Cole and Kendrick to balance out the other 99.9% of the stuff they listen to. A lot of young women are like this. See, I like J Cole, I'm not a bird, respect me. I doubt some of them even listen to him like that.

I liked She's Mine
Deja Vu was like a mixtape remix song because of Bryson to me
The Tupac imitations were cool.

J Cole just doesn't have a lot of replay value for me.

Like I've said before, I like the idea of Cole and that he exist in popular music more than I like his music.

I've thought he needs to stop playing it safe with production and get someone to push him and be more experimental. I don't hear a whole lot of growth as an artist since The Come Up.

I knew what I was getting, so I wasn't really excited to listen to this on Friday at 12am.

J Cole is for the fake deep, they use J Cole and Kendrick to balance out the other 99.9% of the stuff they listen to. A lot of young women are like this. See, I like J Cole, I'm not a bird, respect me. I doubt some of them even listen to him like that.

I liked She's Mine

Like I've said before, I like the idea of Cole and that he exist in popular music more than I like his music.

I've thought he needs to stop playing it safe with production and get someone to push him and be more experimental. I don't hear a whole lot of growth as an artist since The Come Up.

The Cole clan bout to come :lol:

I liked She's Mine

Uh oh.

A lot of band about to be handed out.

I am curious to see Cole's label situation now.

He was done with Columbia with FHD so I thought Roc Nation was looking for a new partner.

He already had his Dreamville label through interscope but I thought that was more so his thing and not necessary apart of Roc Nation.

From the credits ive seen, all it list is Dreamville and Roc Nation. So im wondering if Roc Nation just linked with Interscope for just Cole or if its no other pieces involved besides Roc Nation by itself and Dreamville/Interscope.

I liked She's Mine

Agree with all of this

I am curious to see Cole's label situation now.

He was done with Columbia with FHD so I thought Roc Nation was looking for a new partner.

He already had his Dreamville label through interscope but I thought that was more so his thing and not necessary apart of Roc Nation.

From the credits ive seen, all it list is Dreamville and Roc Nation. So im wondering if Roc Nation just linked with Interscope for just Cole or if its no other pieces involved besides Roc Nation by itself and Dreamville/Interscope.

I thought this album was for sure going to be on def jam. There were some signs suggesting it.

Back
Top Bottom