[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

I really like Eyez actually wrote a little something about the album. Let me know what yall think

http://opusmagonline.com/features/jcolevoice

Unlike what some of yall said I can see the progression, its just not the usual outcome for someone who came from nothing and made it. Dude isn't boasting about his fame and rapping about material crap only. His music still addresses the life of the common man which is commendable. You can like what you like but I have more relation to this subject matter compared to raps about stumbling out the club every night getting high and taking down thots. If thats the life you live you either are wealthy or not looking forward to live past 25 due to the law or jail. I made it out the hood and there are homies that weren't as lucky for various reasons, music is def an escape but you raps can't only be about bricks and having fun, because in reality that isn't the life of a drug dealer thats only shedding light on the "positive" side of that lifestyle.

Finals numbers according to Hits (they normally always go over by like 10-20k once billboard release then numbers Monday) anyway.....

377k (hard copies)
511k (steams plus hard copies).

I really like Eyez actually wrote a little something about the album. Let me know what yall think

http://opusmagonline.com/features/jcolevoice

Unlike what some of yall said I can see the progression, its just not the usual outcome for someone who came from nothing and made it. Dude isn't boasting about his fame and rapping about material crap only. His music still addresses the life of the common man which is commendable. You can like what you like but I have more relation to this subject matter compared to raps about stumbling out the club every night getting high and taking down thots. If thats the life you live you either are wealthy or not looking forward to live past 25 due to the law or jail. I made it out the hood and there are homies that weren't as lucky for various reasons, music is def an escape but you raps can't only be about bricks and having fun, because in reality that isn't the life of a drug dealer thats only shedding light on the "positive" side of that lifestyle.

Peoples dislike has nothing to do with the lack of boasting.

Finals numbers according to Hits (they normally always go over by like 10-20k once billboard release then numbers Monday) anyway.....

377k (hard copies)
511k (steams plus hard copies).

Wow, Gold in firsf week. Only guy in rap that does not need thAt club/pop single to still move insane units. Glad he doing it his way, long way coming from the warmup and just hoping he could land a single so he can release an album

Deja Vu
Neighbors
Immortal
4 Your Eyez Only

:pimp: :pimp:....Cool album, definitely not as good as FHD, but I don't think I was expecting that either. Hated the singing as he doesn't do that well at all. He probably should have picked a different song to lead off that Everybody Dies (which isn't even on the album :stoneface: ), so I def understand how people were probably led on by that song, then hearing quite a bit of a different feel with the actual album.

I've been a fan of Cole forever, but for the life of me I can't understand how son can disappear for years, do no features, then drop a surprise album and go damn near platinum first week. Listened to the album once and all the other albums that have come out in the last two weeks overtook this for me.

Hats off to him, though. Music with substance is always welcome.

Last edited:
I've been a fan of Cole forever, but for the life of me I can't understand how son can disappear for years, do no features, then drop a surprise album and go damn near platinum first week. Listened to the album once and all the other albums that have come out in the last two weeks overtook this for me.

Hats off to him, though. Music with substance is always welcome.

Seems like he has a from the ground up faithful fanbase. Was able to really strike a chord early on and they stayed with him. This also probably takes away that "nobody buys albums anymore" thing too.

Wow, Gold in firsf week. Only guy in rap that does not need thAt club/pop single to still move insane units. Glad he doing it his way, long way coming from the warmup and just hoping he could land a single so he can release an album

K Dot?

I don't think kdot went Gold first week with TPABF but that was before streaming was the move. Minus the legends, its only Drake, Cole, K dot doing this, which is great for Rap

Last edited:
Man I wish this album was longer, way too short plus I always skip both "She's mine" so it's even shorter.

Official numbers 492k first week.

J. Cole joins Drake and DMX as the only rap acts to reach #1 in the US with their first four full-length albums.

J. Cole joins Bruno Mars, Adele and Taylor Swift as one of the few recent artists to show debut sales week gains with each subsequent album.

'4 Your Eyez Only' is just the third album to surpass 100,000 streaming equivalent album units in a single week in the US.

Last edited:
idk if it was his or jeremih song but they played it on the radio and it sound like he str8 mailed in his verse 
laugh.gif
 ruined the song 
mean.gif

idk though he even though he got fire his singles be kinda dry imo

Ima drop the album same day as Kanye, just to show the boyz the man now like wanye...................

I also wish it was longer but the other 2 songs didnt fit in with the theme of the album at all. Would have been dope if he had 4-5 songs on a bonus like he did on Born Sinner tho.

Not sure where i read it, but someone said they made alot of music for this album, much of which will show up somewhere down the line. Hopefully he drops another album with a different tone sometime soon.

idk if it was his or jeremih song but they played it on the radio and it sound like he str8 mailed in his verse :lol:  ruined the song :smh:  

idk though he even though he got fire his singles be kinda dry imo

[emoji]9992[/emoji]️[emoji]9992[/emoji]️[emoji]9992[/emoji]️[emoji]9992[/emoji]️

Ima drop the album same day as Kanye, just to show the boyz the man now like wanye...................

I also wish it was longer but the other 2 songs didnt fit in with the theme of the album at all. Would have been dope if he had 4-5 songs on a bonus like he did on Born Sinner tho.

Not sure where i read it, but someone said they made alot of music for this album, much of which will show up somewhere down the line. Hopefully he drops another album with a different tone sometime soon.

C'mon man, that ain't just someone, that was an article with Elite :lol:

Said they have tons of tracks, just waiting for the proper platforms/right time to drop them.

We're definitely getting a "Truly Yours" type pack or a bunch of loosies, at the very least :smokin

Official numbers 492k first week.

J. Cole joins Drake and DMX as the only rap acts to reach #1 in the US with their first four full-length albums.

J. Cole joins Bruno Mars, Adele and Taylor Swift as one of the few recent artists to show debut sales week gains with each subsequent album.

'4 Your Eyez Only' is just the third album to surpass 100,000 streaming equivalent album units in a single week in the US.

C'mon man, that ain't just someone, that was an article with Elite :lol:

Said they have tons of tracks, just waiting for the proper platforms/right time to drop them.

We're definitely getting a "Truly Yours" type pack or a bunch of loosies, at the very least :smokin

I hope that's true but Warm Up 2 or a whole mixtape/Album like Drake did with IYRTITL

Back
Top Bottom