[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Anyone else get a poetry vibe from Deja Vu? I feel like Cole is reciting a poem over a beat. Song is :smokin.

That chorus hits home every time. I know every dude can relate to that.

Song puts me in all types of feels.

All kinds of feels.

Only complaint is that it's too damn short.

Kind of crazy to think that he COULD do something that nobody else has done...........Turn around and put out another Album in January on his B-Day and do the same or even better numbers than he did with this project.

Will he? IDK........But that would be dope.

As far as Deja Vu goes............I cant even remember how the Bryson Tiller song went anymore, lol.

When i hear the beat, the only thing going through my mind is "NOW PUT A FINGER IN THE SKY IF YOU WANNA N............"

Last edited:

Kind of crazy to think that he COULD do something that nobody else has done...........Turn around and put out another Album in January on his B-Day and do the same or even better numbers than he did with this project.

Nah, he won't do the same or better numbers if he were to
Do that. He sell fine though. He's drop off was extremely huge the following week.

Nah, he won't do the same or better numbers if he were to
Do that. He sell fine though. He's drop off was extremely huge the following week.

He can def pull a DMX and drop a album 6months from now and do similar number for sure as this album. I hope he does give us another project this year, or warm up 2

Last edited:
It would all depend on the project itself, the drop off doesn't matter. If he dropped another project and the reception was even a tad bit better than 4YEO he'd sell the same or more.

It would all depend on the project itself, the drop off doesn't matter. If he dropped another project and the reception was even a tad bit better than 4YEO he'd sell the same or more.
Exactly. Cant expect the same amount of people to buy the album week after week.

I say he could do the same or better numbers because the next album will be a different vibe.........Some folks didnt like this album because there were too many "Slow" points.

I like it........Its pretty much been the album i listen to on my way to my part time job, which is about 30-35 minutes away give or take depending on traffic. To each his own......to expect everyone to be able to listen to it is to expect failure.

I think listen-ability depends on if you can identify with the content.

Thats like me trying to listen to a Beyonce album........I cant identify with that ****. MAYBE i can listen to a song here and there if it comes on the radio and i dont have another option or if my daughter or girlfriend is in the car, but thats it.

Same way alot of young guys i know like lil Yahty and young thug and all of those but cant get through Born sinner without changing a song......If they like any songs on there to begin with. (a masterpiece BTW).

Last edited:
82% drop off in 2nd week sales.. yikes.
If most people who wanted the album got it the first 2 weeks, what do you expect? Lol. I don't want to believe that all logic and common sense is gone in the world, but some things I read these days keep making a case for that to be true.

82% drop off in 2nd week sales.. yikes.
If most people who wanted the album got it the first 2 weeks, what do you expect? Lol. I don't want to believe that all logic and common sense is gone in the world, but some things I read these days keep making a case for that to be true.

I imagine those numbers would include streaming...so that means less spins that way as well.

Views had a 79 percent drop off and think of the singles he had on that album. Stop acting like huge drop offs aren't normal. Yall are hilarious.

Last edited:
Views had a 79 percent drop off and think of the singles he had on that album. Stop acting like huge drop offs aren't normal. Yall are hilarious.
True, however, Views was in top 10 for pretty much
The entire year. As of this week, it's STILL number 8 selling 50k.

Here's another thing, I don't think he will have any singles like FHD did. Seems as if this album as been forgotten already.

Huge Drop For J. Cole

Just last week, a grand total of five tracks from J. Cole’s latest album 4 Your Eyez Only were sitting in the top 20, including three new entries. One week later, all five have dropped out of the top 20, with four of them dropping past 30 and lower. It’s a huge decline in sales, with “Deja Vu” the highest ranked at 21.

This album is fire. I have to listen to it twice more and then order it correctly into Jermaine's discopgraphy form top to bottom. I warn anyone curious to listen, this album will definitely put you to sleep, if you aren't a fan 40 BPM type of music. To me, this is that real authentic Hip-Hop that paints a picture and makes you wonder about life. Great album and the reviews in here are way off. This album isn't underwhelming at all! It just feel like a "personal" "Did it for me" type of J.Cole album. Very different form the rest of his albums. Not one radio single on her just straight real stuff. No filter. Glad he dropped this album off just in time for the holidays. I recommend this album to anyone that ain't with that mumble rap and down with the essence of rap music! Buy/stream this now!

Back
Top Bottom