Ja Rule's finesse of the Century - Fyre Festival

This what happens when you worship ****ing celebrities and Instagram models. Not saying anybody deserved to be scammed, but people with any common sense and does their due diligence before spending money would've seen all the red flags go off soon as the event organizers weren't providing flight details.

Why anyone would be motivated to go to an event to see instagram models baffles me. The **** people do for the possibility of *****.

The people going to this festival are why I deleted Instagram and Snapchat a few years ago. Pathetic attention @#$%@ who just "do it for the gram" and online clout, rather than actually enjoying an event.

Recently had to cut a girl off cause she kept Snapchatting EVERYTHING. We went to a Japanese restaurant, and she ordered a dish not based on how good it would taste, but because it looked like the "prettiest and fanciest dish for pictures". ****...

Last edited:
Seth Rogen and The Lonely Island are working on a spoof film of Fyre Festival, and it might even feature Andy King

5c61a1b9eb3ce826ae70d994-1334-1001.jpg

https://www.thisisinsider.com/seth-...0cb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com

This what happens when you worship ****ing celebrities and Instagram models. Not saying anybody deserved to be scammed, but people with any common sense and does their due diligence before spending money would've seen all the red flags go off soon as the event organizers weren't providing flight details.

Why anyone would be motivated to go to an event to see instagram models baffles me. The **** people do for the possibility of *****.
Victim shaming

This could be really good or really corny.
I think the actual docs have served up enough comedy on the topic.

Anything else is overkill at this point.

No way it isn't corny

A legitimate festival with this concept could absolutely be done, and someone should absolutely do it.

These idiots just weren't the right ones to pull it off :lol:

I kept thinking that too - their idea and enthusiasm started okay, but they needed some expertise and at least 2 years to make it work.

I'd be down for a dramatic recreation of some attendees stories.
Have them come in in person to tell their story but have some good writers put together some additional elements to fluff the stories out a bit. Could work

Honestly....it's not that bad of an idea to try again. I just want to know who's willing to take the chance on attending

They have brand recognition and if they have the right backing and planning it can be done

While I agree with this point.. bill Simmons on 1 of his pods (or maybe it was his guest), but someone else gotta do it

Ja can be involved, but on the low end.. but you gotta kinda make a joke of the original one

And obviously gotta deliver when you do do it again, almost gottta be over the top and take a hit knowing you're building for years 2 or 3 and beyond

Bay Area/Cali NTers: there's a mock Fyre festival happening in SF this April

I personally will not be going because I can't stand the type of people that go to big SF events these days (and it sounds corny to me as well), but just letting you know if you're interested

Thinking about doing another festival reminds me of all the Project X craze after that movie came out

But I think they should try to do something, in the states and do it small/medium scale but make it like a surprise where it's actually going to be located

Definitely fell for the “Project X” shenanigans smh. Went to this mansion party but it got shut down within like an hour. Didnt bother with any others.

The Fyre Festival Fraud
Young Hollywood host, Austin Mills, went to the Fyre Festival in 2016, but not as a social influencer or media reviewer. He bought a ticket, and went with a bunch of his friends with the intention of enjoying an awesome concert festival vacation in the Bahamas! But that’s not what happened as Austin documented on his Vlog during the trip, and as has been depicted in two documentaries about the ill-fated festival which resulted in its creator and promoter being convicted of fraud and incarcerated. Austin gives a first-hand account of what it was really like on the ground at the site, when he knew things were horribly wrong, and what it took to get off the island and back to Miami. He talks about the tent accommodations, the cheese sandwiches, being locked in the Bahamas airport overnight, and how he feels about promoter Billy McFarland’s jail sentence.

Listening to The Fyre Festival Fraud from Talk Is Jericho. http://podbay.fm/show/767016946/e/1550214010

Oh **** - I only knew about the Netflix documentary. How is the Hulu one? Bout to hop on a train so much watch now

OD corny. These phony event organizers just hop on any and every opportunity to make money nowadays
My pops has friends that invest in music festivals/events. It’s mostly older guys with younger wives. They all say, majority of the festivals make no money and it takes a couple of years before they do. They invest to have access to the celebrities.

Watched the Hulu one on the Amtrak today. Billy is a ****ing idiot. This man has been scamming and illegally scheming since the second grade but he’s kind of a sociopath so I don’t even know if I believe those stories. Then the nerve to do run that NYC VIP Access scam while out on bail?!? Man he wanted to go to jail to get his cheeks clapped with a move like that. To top it off, he starts running game on the inmates!

Ja is a bum too. That interview where he contradicted himself multiple times was hilarious :lol:

Back
Top Bottom