Jadakiss, “The Last Kiss,â€

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Cams gonna do godzillas #s then

pimp.gif

500k........first day
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DaGreatJ

It's not like Universal ain't buy up to 600K of the Carter 3

Yea because Wayne had zero buzz lol. Nobody was checkin' for dude so they had ot buy 600k. That's even more insane then saying Def Jam boughtJada's %%*.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

listens definitely dont equate to sales... and the album sucks... prolly the WORST rap album of the year thus far
happy.gif
Son....you like a black Mid East Beast on here sometimes.
smh.gif

Y'all _s wild.

Son said 600K copies
laugh.gif

How does a company make money like that. Thats probably more more than the album budget.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Y'all _s wild.

Son said 600K copies
laugh.gif

How does a company make money like that. Thats probably more more than the album budget.
Yeah let's not go overboard
laugh.gif
. Maybe they bought some to push the sales over a milli but I even doubt that.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

listens definitely dont equate to sales... and the album sucks... prolly the WORST rap album of the year thus far
happy.gif

jadakiss27.jpg

nice debut for kiss.... album was decent, couple of ill tracks on there, i was really diggin the one with nas
smile.gif

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

nice debut for kiss.... album was decent, couple of ill tracks on there, i was really diggin the one with nas
smile.gif
Hell Yeah..Great 1st album for Kiss, can't believe it took this long for him to have a solo album.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Whats so difficult to believe about this Jada is a one time platinum artist who has cemented himself as a rapper who has put out Great material over a decade.That's the difference between new artist and a guy like kiss, A fanbase. Jada's joint ain't gonna do platinum but he will neva Flop because dudeshas a consistent fanbase who is always gonna rock with his material. Check UGK, Ghost, Hell even Bone Thugz did about 100k last time they dropped. All thiscomes as a result of grindin throughout the years and building a fanbase

Jadakiss' third album, "The Last Kiss," debuts with 130k records sold. With today's horrible album sales, 130k is a very solid debut
but i feel like album sales are worse within the hip hop genre then within other genres, for whatever reason. I feel like a lady gaga or (insertone hit wonder here) could go out and easily sell 100k first week.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Everybody so cynical nowadays about such-and-such rapper flopping...

Some of y'all gotta take a slice of that humble pie now.
so true mister....

alot of you guys forget jada's got tons and tons of credibility...something most of today's rappers no longer possess...

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

^ but like dudes above me said, I haven't heard one Jadakiss song on the radio....(The Dream's album came out pretty recently right? Did Jada sell more than him?)

you guys seriously gotta stop believing that the only way you sell is if your on the radio......me being a chick, i haven't listened to a radio station inclose to a year.

the internet, mixtapes for exposure >> the radio

People buy albums that they think will be good. UGK debuted at no. 1 selling 75K with 0 buzz, way less than Jada even so I don't see why y'all act likethis is unfathomable.

Some of you are making this 130K in a week out to be some sort of success... Lets be serious, "surprising"... MAYBE... Successful... NO !$+%$%!way...

Hip hop has become the auto industry... What seemed like a unbreakable structure has crumbled before our eyes... With 130K first week and an expected 60-70%drop next week... How is he gonna get a plaque?? Or even recoup?? Provided some of the big name features on this album prolly didn't take chunks out of hisbudget because he prolly has relationships with most of these cats where he can just jump on one of their tracks in exchange... But lets be serious... This islike a car lot selling 10 cars in a week... Sure it could've been worse, but you gotta live with what you get...

Yall Ns is ready to pop bottles... There's a good amount of albums I've seen TRASHED in the past 3 years with bigger first week sales then that, andyall Ns couldn't wait to scream FLOP...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Some of you are making this 130K in a week out to be some sort of success... Lets be serious, "surprising"... MAYBE... Successful... NO !$+%$%! way...

Hip hop has become the auto industry... What seemed like a unbreakable structure has crumbled before our eyes... With 130K first week and an expected 60-70% drop next week... How is he gonna get a plaque?? Or even recoup?? Provided some of the big name features on this album prolly didn't take chunks out of his budget because he prolly has relationships with most of these cats where he can just jump on one of their tracks in exchange... But lets be serious... This is like a car lot selling 10 cars in a week... Sure it could've been worse, but you gotta live with what you get...

Yall Ns is ready to pop bottles... There's a good amount of albums I've seen TRASHED in the past 3 years with bigger first week sales then that, and yall Ns couldn't wait to scream FLOP...

I somewhat agree.

Back
Top Bottom