January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mania thoughts
- Kofi :pimp: having him go over opens up for New Day to *eventually* disband and feud
- Seth really won on a three curb stomps after taking a beating? :rolleyes
- Batista... yikes
- Kurt got his "You Suck" sendoff, I respect it
- Was waiting for Rock to interrupt Elias. Was cool to see Thuganomics John for a bit
- Was the Becky/Ronda finish really botched? I doubt it. Wasn't a great match overall tho
- Crazy no Taker. He was in the building too

weight classes
D6267E6F-4C23-456B-A213-F82A8FE4C228.gif

Charlotte is probably one of the best women’s wrestlers on the roster, but her inclusion into the feud is what actually started making it nosedive. Outside of the whole arrest angle, she literally had not a single reason to even be included with Rhonda and Becky. The feud was going fine and organically until they just planted Charlotte in there.

Morning yall, my connection literally started acting up during the main event. I was drunk plus been up since 330AM for work so I said **** it and knocked out. Called off from work waking up now and THE MAN got the belts. WOW after seth N kofi won I figured they were guna give it to flair. Didnt think only 1 belt would not change hands out the whole card. That's why JOE is that dude!!!!!

I'll watch the mainevent soon, how was it. Sloppy? slow? Great? Okay?

Props to H for getting back in time and giving Batista his final match and allowing him to go out on his terms. He could have easily mailed it in and not pushed himself during rehab from a torn chest at his age.
Morning yall, my connection literally started acting up during the main event. I was drunk plus been up since 330AM for work so I said **** it and knocked. Called off from work waking up now and THE MAN got the belts. WOW after seth N kofi won I figure they were guna give it to flair. Didnt think only 1 belt would not change hands out the whole card. That's why JOE is that dude!!!!!

I'll watch the mainevent soon, how was it. Sloppy? slow? Great? Okay?

Decent. Think being on last and fans being drained did not do it any favors
You are not coming off 7hrs of wrestling and have given yourself a break

Also, rumor is charlotte suffered a leg injury and ronda broke her hand. Not sure if that played into the finish. Think becky also dropped charlotte awkwardly on a slam

Last edited:
Being a draw > weight classes

Ideally. But he’s still 155 pounds, and Daniel Bryan looks like prime Kurt Angle by comparison :lol:

@AOkae isn’t it fitting that Randy Orton injuring Mustafa Ali basically gave Kofi the greenlight? life really did come full circle after the whole “stupid stupid” thing :lol: this could not have ended up any better.

Ronda Rousey reportedly suffered a broken hand in the WrestleMania 35 "Winner Takes All" main event with Charlotte Flair and new SmackDown Women's Champion and RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio.

There's no word yet on details of the injury but Meltzer noted that this was scheduled to be Rousey's last match with WWE for the time being as she's been expected to take time off.

There are a lot of rumors going around on the finish of the match but Meltzer noted that at one point Rousey was going to lose to Lynch by submission. A lot of people was for the submission but a lot of people were also for Rousey losing by pinfall. In the end, it was decided that a pinfall would be he best direction, not the submission.

The idea behind the pinfall was that Rousey has never submitted in a WWE match. She also never submitted in MMA or judo. There's no word yet on why the finish was switched to a pin, but lots of people internally fought against Rousey losing by submission. It was said to be a split, but people were fighting against the loss by submission. It was speculated that the idea of a wrestler submitting Rousey is a negative compared to a wrestler pinning her. It was also speculated that Vince McMahoncould be protecting Rousey for a potential return because then she would have an issue with a fluke pin.

Regarding the rumors on Rousey being upset at the referee botching the finish, Meltzer noted that those are not true. Meltzer added that Rousey was not supposed to get her shoulders up, but for whatever reason they came up at the finish. It was also noted that it was strange that WWE called attention to the shoulder coming up, which could have been a Vince call or something Corey Graves did on his own. The replay showing this could be an indication that it was a call from the production truck. Meltzer also said the only screw-up was that Rousey was supposed to be "really pinned" as opposed to getting defeated with the fluke pin. He added that the finish could cause fans to think Rousey is staying for a rematch, but that's not the current plan as of this week.

Charlotte is probably one of the best women’s wrestlers on the roster, but her inclusion into the feud is what actually started making it nosedive. Outside of the whole arrest angle, she literally had not a single reason to even be included with Rhonda and Becky. The feud was going fine and organically until they just planted Charlotte in there.

She was included just to drive up her stock price and I don't like it either.

Ideally. But he’s still 155 pounds, and Daniel Bryan looks like prime Kurt Angle by comparison :lol:
He's not actually 155 pounds that's his competition weight. :rofl: He most likely hovers around 175-180 out of comp. That's easily carries him into the actual weights of D Bry and Kofi. He'll be fine if he decides to transition to wrestling, he already cuts a promo better than on the roster.

He's not actually 155 pounds that's his competition weight. :rofl: He most likely hovers around 175-180 out of comp. That's easily carries him into the actual weights of D Bry and Kofi. He'll be fine if he decides to transition to wrestling, he already cuts a promo better than on the roster.

Oh ok he def has a chance at 175-180 then :lol:

Who Connor? Because he cant do a promo without cussing.

Becky/Charlotte never even got a proper resolution after they just made them hug it out, and she should’ve chosen Asuka to replace her instead of the woman she was supposed to be in a feud with :lol:

There’s a reason people didn’t want Charlotte in there, but WWE couldn’t help themselves and they botched the feud completely after the Royal Rumble. The match wasn’t awful, but just completely forgettable. When you promote and heavily advertise an important match like this, it had to deliver. Imagine what the non casuals thought of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom