January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

So it looks like Mauro had another episode with his bi-polar issues and thought about ending it all after he got back from calling Bellator over the weekend. Looks like he was able to overcome it thankfully.

After watching that doc on him I can understand what he’s going through now.

Best wishes to Mauro.

Tonight’s WWE SmackDown Live will see all of the fallout from WWE TLC take place, as well as the fresh changes that the McMahon family promised.

After the McMahon’s promised a new era for the WWE last night, there is a chance that all four members could be on the show making decisions in order to provide the ‘fresh’ content they guaranteed.

Following the controversial finish to the WWE TLC main event, both Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch will give their reactions to Ronda Rousey’s actions, whilst the reign of Asuka will begin.

Whilst no matches have been officially announced, the fallout from the other WWE TLC matches will be felt, with Daniel Bryan’s WWE Championship reign continuing and The Bar needing new contenders.

Will we see any call-ups from WWE NXT take place and will any more names be announced for the WWE Royal Rumble match? All will be addressed on tonight’s show.

As always, ProWrestling.com will be providing complete, LIVE coverage of WWE Smackdown beginning tonight at 8pm EST, so be sure to join us then!

WWE.com is hyping the following points for tonight’s show:

• The era of Asuka begins
  • How will Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch react?
  • Can anyone stop The Bar?
  • Will “The New” Daniel Bryan’s crusade continue
After WWE TLC, an Empress reigns over Team Blue. What will Asuka do after her historic SmackDown Women’s Championship victory over Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair? Find out tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Do Vince and Co not realize that the answer to slumping ratings isn’t more McMahon’s on television? They’ve been constantly running an authority figure type angle since 1998, and angle which peaked in 1999.

Wasn't the Daniel Bryan/YES Movement a product of an authority angle?

Meltzer on WOR about Bryan/Styles: “I LOVED this match. I’m not kidding you man, I loved this. Like this match could’ve gone on a show like New Japan or any promotion and it would just be this killer amazing match.”

Meltzer on WOR about Bryan/Styles: “I LOVED this match. I’m not kidding you man, I loved this. Like this match could’ve gone on a show like New Japan or any promotion and it would just be this killer amazing match.”
CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

Wasn't the Daniel Bryan/YES Movement a product of an authority angle?

The fans were Yes’ing Bryan long before the Authority got involved with him.

Probably a good thing Nattie won, so Ronda can just moo her up and move on. Anybody wanting Sasha, Bayley, or Ember to win the gauntlet, you were surely getting Ronda dominating :lol:

The fans were Yes’ing Bryan long before the Authority got involved with him.

Probably a good thing Nattie won, so Ronda can just moo her up and move on. Anybody wanting Sasha, Bayley, or Ember to win the gauntlet, you were surely getting Ronda dominating :lol:
To be fair, Ronda SHOULD be washing anyone not named Charlotte/Becky/Oscar at this point.

To be fair, Ronda SHOULD be washing anyone not named Charlotte/Becky/Oscar at this point.

I agree, buuuuut nattie should some spunk last night IMO one of her better matches in years. Her suplexs looked great and that was a strong sharpshooter on banks she really put her weight and pulled those legs back.

Little story there, nattie welcomed ronda and showed her the ropes. Friends. May be ronda shows she cant pull the trigger and hurt her like other competitors.

I agree, buuuuut nattie should some spunk last night IMO one of her better matches in years. He suplexs looked grat and that was a strong sharpshooter on banks she really put her weight and pulled those legs back.

Little story there, nattie welcomed ronda and showed her the ropes. Friends. May be ronda shows she cant pull the trigger and hurt her like other competitors.
I'm not mad at all about Nattie winning, assuming IT isn't going to be some long and drawn out program.

You think 1 and done here?
I don't know. Maybe they do another one because of chicanery or something. Don't really see why Ronda would have more than 2 matches though against someone on that tier since I don't see her actually losing.

I don't know. Maybe they do another one because of chicanery or something. Don't really see why Ronda would have more than 2 matches though against someone on that tier since I don't see her actually losing.

Thats true, so this mixup are they doing some trades? there isnt many good match ups beside Flair and Becky for Mania for ronda.

Thats true, so this mixup are they doing some trades? there isnt many good match ups beside Flair and Becky for Mania for ronda.
Same thing as Brock. Realistically only a few people that would actually be a "good" matchup. You can probably count on one hand the amount of 1v1 matches she'll actually have until Mania.

So it looks like Mauro had another episode with his bi-polar issues and thought about ending it all after he got back from calling Bellator over the weekend. Looks like he was able to overcome it thankfully.

After watching that doc on him I can understand what he’s going through now.

Best wishes to Mauro.
Damn, I hate to hear that. I hate it

Back
Top Bottom