Javale Mcgee does it again!!

Originally Posted by MrONegative

THATS-SO-JAVALE.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Screen cap this right now.....

MCGEE WILL WIN MOST IMPROVE NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Curse of the DC area, leave DC and become an immediate success
Its more the fact that he cant do whatever he pleases and still start and play 30 minutes a game. He has to play right on Denver otherwise he gonna be riding that bench. In Washington this dude could live that YOLO lifestyle and never get benched (except for the one time he does a flashy dunk and actually makes it)

That miiiiight be true for McGee to an extent but there's a LONG list of players who left DC and became champions/stars in basketball and football

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The greatest part is that Craig Sagers last words were "hold on to that game ball".

Then dude chucks it into the stands

What a moron
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Tyson Chandler got 58 mil from the Knicks.

I guarantee Javale gets at least that this offseason.

The sad thing is some team will offer him 90 mil for 6 season based off a couple good playoff games he had.
We all know Javale is just chasing that big pay day and then he will just phone it in.
30t6p3b.gif

Javale will get better.
I forgot where i heard this but big men develop later in their careers.
He is very young. This summer will be developmental if the nuggets make him practice to improve his game.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Tyson Chandler got 58 mil from the Knicks.

I guarantee Javale gets at least that this offseason.

The sad thing is some team will offer him 90 mil for 6 season based off a couple good playoff games he had.
We all know Javale is just chasing that big pay day and then he will just phone it in.
30t6p3b.gif

eyes.gif
What's wrong with that? It's called 'contract year'... players play out their mind, so they can get the big check!

Originally Posted by PMatic

Hell of a contract playoff run.

Javale seems like someone with the right guidance could end up getting it. 
The successes of Nick and Javale are a direct inditement on Flip and a little on Wall

Who really wants a game 5 ball when your still down 3-2

Curse of the DC area, leave DC and become an immediate success
Its more the fact that he cant do whatever he pleases and still start and play 30 minutes a game. He has to play right on Denver otherwise he gonna be riding that bench. In Washington this dude could live that YOLO lifestyle and never get benched (except for the one time he does a flashy dunk and actually makes it)

That miiiiight be true for McGee to an extent but there's a LONG list of players who left DC and became champions/stars in basketball and football
I'd pump my brakes before throwing McGee in that category. I had to refrain from commenting on the myriad on Twitter claiming that he never played like that before. Did Javale not have games like that w/ the Wizards? Did Nick Young not go off like he did against the Grizz in Game 1...many times w/ the Wizards?
Only difference is the environment that they're in and the people around them who won't put up w/ what they got away with in DC. You think Chris Paul is going to put up with Nick Young coming down on 3 on 1 fastbreaks and taking a fade away three pointer? Or Javale McGee trying to jump from the 3 point line when the team is down 30?

And this might be another topic but the whole "Leave DC and blow up thing" has never really held THAT much weight.

I'm curious to know, exactly who are these players that everyone seems to think become stars when they leave DC? 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

The successes of Nick and Javale are a direct inditement on Flip and a little on Wall

Exactly what I'm talking about. People who never even really watched the team making statements like this. 
Again...someone please tell me what Nick Young and Javale are doing that they've NEVER done before. They're just on good teams now.

The departure of Nick and Javale also resulted in efficiency improving on both sides of the ball. Who does that reflect on?

Originally Posted by SoCalKid

Javale will get better.
I forgot where i heard this but big men develop later in their careers.
He is very young. This summer will be developmental if the nuggets make him practice to improve his game.
George Karl, Said it on the Association, I believe.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I'd pump my brakes before throwing McGee in that category. I had to refrain from commenting on the myriad on Twitter claiming that he never played like that before. Did Javale not have games like that w/ the Wizards? Did Nick Young not go off like he did against the Grizz in Game 1...many times w/ the Wizards?
Only difference is the environment that they're in and the people around them who won't put up w/ what they got away with in DC. You think Chris Paul is going to put up with Nick Young coming down on 3 on 1 fastbreaks and taking a fade away three pointer? Or Javale McGee trying to jump from the 3 point line when the team is down 30?

And this might be another topic but the whole "Leave DC and blow up thing" has never really held THAT much weight.

I'm curious to know, exactly who are these players that everyone seems to think become stars when they leave DC? 

[/font]

Exactly what I'm talking about. People who never even really watched the team making statements like this. 
Again...someone please tell me what Nick Young and Javale are doing that they've NEVER done before. They're just on good teams now.

The departure of Nick and Javale also resulted in efficiency improving on both sides of the ball. Who does that reflect on?

It reflects on them no doubt, but it has to reflect on the coach and the PG that they were not able to get them to play better with a fair amount of talent.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

It reflects on them no doubt, but it has to reflect on the coach and the PG that they were not able to get them to play better with a fair amount of talent.

Javale

[table][tr][td] 2011-12[/td][td]WAS[/td][td]41[/td][td]27:23 [/td][td]5.2[/td][td]9.8[/td][td]53.5[/td][td] [/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]N/A[/td][td] [/td][td]1.4[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]50.0[/td][td] [/td][td]3.1[/td][td]5.7[/td][td]8.8[/td][td] [/td][td]0.6[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]2.9[/td][td]11.9[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] 2011-12[/td][td]DEN[/td][td]20[/td][td]20:30 [/td][td]4.7[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]61.2[/td][td] [/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]N/A[/td][td] [/td][td]1.0[/td][td]2.6[/td][td]37.3[/td][td] [/td][td]1.8[/td][td]4.0[/td][td]5.8[/td][td] [/td][td]0.3[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]10.3[/td][/tr][/table]
Nick
[table][tr][td]2011-12[/td][td]WAS[/td][td]40[/td][td]30:18 [/td][td]6.0[/td][td]14.8[/td][td]40.6[/td][td] [/td][td]1.8[/td][td]4.9[/td][td]37.1[/td][td] [/td][td]2.8[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]86.2[/td][td] [/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]2.4[/td][td] [/td][td]1.2[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]16.6[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] 2011-12[/td][td]LAC[/td][td]22[/td][td]23:36 [/td][td]3.5[/td][td]8.8[/td][td]39.4[/td][td] [/td][td]1.4[/td][td]3.9[/td][td]35.3[/td][td] [/td][td]1.5[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]82.1[/td][td] [/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]1.6[/td][td] [/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]9.7[/td][/tr][/table]

Are they playing better?

Or are they playing on better teams where their strengths are maximized and their bad habits shortened?

Perception goes a long way I see. If Javale McGee had a 20 and 10 game here...you found out about it in the Box Score the next morning. If Nick Young went off for 40 here...same thing. Being on National TV does wonders I see.

Because the only time they were TV here...

nick-young-air-ball-layup.jpg

1541779_o.gif

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

[/font]

of course to outside eyes who don't ever watch the Wizards games this seems like a once in a lifetime thing with McGee and Young, McGee has maybe a dozen or so blips in his whole career with games like this and Nick Young is a chucker and has had plenty of ON nights before so he has a bit more proof

as for former DC athletes who become successful (ie. win rings, make all star teams, pro bowls) I'll name a few off the top of my head
- Sheed (NBA champion, perennial all star with Portland)
- Webber (perennial all star with the Kings, possible HOFer)
- Hamilton (all star, NBA champion)
- Butler (NBA champion, although not a huge impact for Dallas)
- Haywood (NBA Champion)
- Stevenson (NBA champion, great defense in the finals)
- Ben Wallace (NBA Champion, DPOY multiple times)
- Antonio Pierce (Super Bowl champ, pro-bowler)
- Devin Thomas (super bowl champ)
- Brandon Lloyd (great season for the Broncos after being a bust for the ********)
- Ryan Clark (super bowl champ for the Steelers)

you can nitpick some of those football players but the top of that list of NBA players is undeniable

as for former DC athletes who become successful (ie. win rings, make all star teams, pro bowls) I'll name a few off the top of my head
- Sheed (NBA champipon, perennial all star with Portland)
- Webber (perennial all star with the Kings, possible HOFer)
- Hamilton (all star, NBA champion)
- Butler (NBA champion, although not a huge impact for Dallas)
- Haywood (NBA Champion)
- Stevenson (NBA champion, great defense in the finals)
- Ben Wallace (NBA Champion, DPOY multiple times)
- Antonio Pierce (Super Bowl champ, pro-bowler)
- Devin Thomas (super bowl champ)
- Brandon Lloyd (great season for the Broncos after being a bust for the ********)
- Ryan Clark (super bowl champ for the Steelers)

you can nitpick some of those football players but the top of that list of NBA players is undeniable

You can add Stan Humphries (San Diego Chargers) to that list as well. 

Back
Top Bottom