Javale Mcgee does it again!!

I have followed and watched the entire careers of Young and McGee being a Wizards fan/local guy...and to support the previous guy, this is nothing people in the DMV haven't seen.  They are just being held accountable by coaches and their teammates and a lot of the bad behavior/intangibles are being reduced. 

ESPN and TNT would just show the bloopers (and their were plenty) from a terrible team.  Their roles have changed and they are playing better on better teams.  Better teammates and better coaches help players become better. 

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I have followed and watched the entire careers of Young and McGee being a Wizards fan/local guy...and to support the previous guy, this is nothing people in the DMV haven't seen.  They are just being held accountable by coaches and their teammates and a lot of the bad behavior/intangibles are being reduced. 

ESPN and TNT would just show the bloopers (and their were plenty) from a terrible team.  Their roles have changed and they are playing better on better teams.  Better teammates and better coaches help players become better. 

What I said.....

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

That miiiiight be true for McGee to an extent but there's a LONG list of players who left DC and became champions/stars in basketball and football
I'd pump my brakes before throwing McGee in that category. I had to refrain from commenting on the myriad on Twitter claiming that he never played like that before. Did Javale not have games like that w/ the Wizards? Did Nick Young not go off like he did against the Grizz in Game 1...many times w/ the Wizards?
Only difference is the environment that they're in and the people around them who won't put up w/ what they got away with in DC. You think Chris Paul is going to put up with Nick Young coming down on 3 on 1 fastbreaks and taking a fade away three pointer? Or Javale McGee trying to jump from the 3 point line when the team is down 30?

And this might be another topic but the whole "Leave DC and blow up thing" has never really held THAT much weight.

I'm curious to know, exactly who are these players that everyone seems to think become stars when they leave DC? 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

The successes of Nick and Javale are a direct inditement on Flip and a little on Wall
Exactly what I'm talking about. People who never even really watched the team making statements like this. 
Again...someone please tell me what Nick Young and Javale are doing that they've NEVER done before. They're just on good teams now.

The departure of Nick and Javale also resulted in efficiency improving on both sides of the ball. Who does that reflect on?

- Sheed (NBA champipon, perennial all star with Portland)
- Webber (perennial all star with the Kings, possible HOFer)
- Hamilton (all star, NBA champion)
- Butler (NBA champion, although not a huge impact for Dallas)
- Haywood (NBA Champion)
- Stevenson (NBA champion, great defense in the finals)
- Ben Wallace (NBA Champion, DPOY multiple times)

- Sheed netted back Rod...and at the time the C-Webb/Howard/Rod trio was going nowhere but up. Sheed was an all star who never lived up to his potential...he won championships being a piece on GREAT teams. Not as some leader who was a go to guy. 
- Webb got traded because of the off the court problems. This one stings because it was just an awful trade. This is the only real regret of all the supposed "curses".

- Rip had a good career. But if he had stayed...would that have somehow reversed our fortune? He's a good player...not some guy that was going to lead us to the promised land. 

- Caron/Haywood/Stevenson = is this list of guys who flourished individually as professionals after leaving DC or guys who left...went to great teams and won championships as role players? Because if it's the latter...I'm sure you can make a list for damn near every team in the league. And when people look back at Caron's career...they'll remember him from his DC days where he peaked as a pro.

- Ben Wallace? There's no coincidence that he's been a drastically different player in Detroit...than in his other 4 stops in the L. That Pistons team was special and all fit perfectly. As a Wizards fan...why should I regret Ben Wallace as if he would have done that here? 

This whole "leave DC and flourish" thing is....and always been MAJOR reaching. 

If Andray Blatche goes to another team next year and averages 20 and 10...that would be something noteworthy. 

Blame Wes Unseld and Jordan and Grunfield for making some of those horrendous trades...

Rip Hamilton for an aging Jerry Stackhouse???

Webber for an aging Mitch Richmond???

Gilbert for Rashard Lewis???

I wasn't even a fan of trading Javale for Nene....

Blame Wes Unseld and Jordan and Grunfield for making some of those horrendous trades...

You do know this was a deal that HELPED the team financially, right?

If anything, blame EG for giving 111 mil to the dude coming off of 3 major knee surgeries.  Who does that?

Javale got a lot of yall fooled right now.  He's doing the SAME *!+@.  He was a - player last night, too. 

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Anybody know where I can get a McGee Wizard authentic? Serious
I havent even seen those at the verizon center.
laugh.gif
 the screenprinted ones are online for $40. once i get a promo code im getting it.

^dont even get me started on the nene trade. all i have to say, without my blood pressure rising, is they should have just let nick and javale walk for nothing, (since we got nothing), and spend the $15 mil saved on real talent.

Grunfields draft picks since hes been hired:
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

[table][tr][td]2011[/td][td]1[/td][td]6[/td][td]Jan Vesely[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]Chris Singleton[/td][td]Florida State University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]2[/td][td]34[/td][td]Shelvin Mack[/td][td]Butler University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]John Wall[/td][td]University of Kentucky[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]1[/td][td]30[/td][td]Lazar Hayward[/td][td]Marquette University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]2[/td][td]35[/td][td]Nemanja Bjelica[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]2[/td][td]32[/td][td]Jermaine Taylor[/td][td]University of Central Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]JaVale McGee[/td][td]University of Nevada, Reno[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]2[/td][td]47[/td][td]Bill Walker[/td][td]Kansas State University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]1[/td][td]16[/td][td]Nick Young[/td][td]University of Southern California[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]2[/td][td]47[/td][td]Dominic McGuire[/td][td]California State University, Fresno[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]Oleksiy Pecherov[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]2[/td][td]48[/td][td]Vladimir Veremeenko[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]2[/td][td]49[/td][td]Andray Blatche[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]1[/td][td]5[/td][td]Devin Harris[/td][td]University of Wisconsin–Madison[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]2[/td][td]32[/td][td]Peter John Ramos[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]Jarvis Hayes[/td][td]University of Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]2[/td][td]38[/td][td]Steve Blake[/td][td]University of Maryland[/td][/tr][/table]

* disgruntled wizards fan.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

I havent even seen those at the verizon center.
laugh.gif
 the screenprinted ones are online for $40. once i get a promo code im getting it.

^dont even get me started on the nene trade. all i have to say, without my blood pressure rising, is they should have just let nick and javale walk for nothing, (since we got nothing), and spend the $15 mil saved on real talent.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

[table][tr][td]2011[/td][td]1[/td][td]6[/td][td]Jan Vesely[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]Chris Singleton[/td][td]Florida State University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]2[/td][td]34[/td][td]Shelvin Mack[/td][td]Butler University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]John Wall[/td][td]University of Kentucky[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]1[/td][td]30[/td][td]Lazar Hayward[/td][td]Marquette University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]2[/td][td]35[/td][td]Nemanja Bjelica[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]2[/td][td]32[/td][td]Jermaine Taylor[/td][td]University of Central Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]JaVale McGee[/td][td]University of Nevada, Reno[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]2[/td][td]47[/td][td]Bill Walker[/td][td]Kansas State University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]1[/td][td]16[/td][td]Nick Young[/td][td]University of Southern California[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]2[/td][td]47[/td][td]Dominic McGuire[/td][td]California State University, Fresno[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]Oleksiy Pecherov[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]2[/td][td]48[/td][td]Vladimir Veremeenko[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]2[/td][td]49[/td][td]Andray Blatche[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]1[/td][td]5[/td][td]Devin Harris[/td][td]University of Wisconsin–Madison[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]2[/td][td]32[/td][td]Peter John Ramos[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]Jarvis Hayes[/td][td]University of Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]2[/td][td]38[/td][td]Steve Blake[/td][td]University of Maryland[/td][/tr][/table]

Damn I hadn't even thought about Jarvis Hayes in a while.

He was wet in 2K back in the day.

have to save this snapshot, bc unless he dies in the next few years, i dont ever see him on espn's nba homepage. 
mrs7bm.jpg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You do know this was a deal that HELPED the team financially, right?

If anything, blame EG for giving 111 mil to the dude coming off of 3 major knee surgeries.  Who does that?

Javale got a lot of yall fooled right now.  He's doing the SAME *!+@.  He was a - player last night, too. 

When Gilbert tore his knee up the first time against Toronto....it was all down hill from there.  Had they had the amnesty option, the Wizards should/could have just used that on Gil's contract. 

I just remember it was a game against a crappy opponent and he was late to the game that day and came off the bench I believe and went down early from a player rolling into his knee while he was standing flat footed waiting for a rebound. 

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

[table][tr][td]2011[/td][td]1[/td][td]6[/td][td]Jan Vesely[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]Chris Singleton[/td][td]Florida State University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]2[/td][td]34[/td][td]Shelvin Mack[/td][td]Butler University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]John Wall[/td][td]University of Kentucky[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]1[/td][td]30[/td][td]Lazar Hayward[/td][td]Marquette University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]2[/td][td]35[/td][td]Nemanja Bjelica[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]2[/td][td]32[/td][td]Jermaine Taylor[/td][td]University of Central Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]JaVale McGee[/td][td]University of Nevada, Reno[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]2[/td][td]47[/td][td]Bill Walker[/td][td]Kansas State University[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]1[/td][td]16[/td][td]Nick Young[/td][td]University of Southern California[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]2[/td][td]47[/td][td]Dominic McGuire[/td][td]California State University, Fresno[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]Oleksiy Pecherov[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]2[/td][td]48[/td][td]Vladimir Veremeenko[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]2[/td][td]49[/td][td]Andray Blatche[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]1[/td][td]5[/td][td]Devin Harris[/td][td]University of Wisconsin–Madison[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]2[/td][td]32[/td][td]Peter John Ramos[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]Jarvis Hayes[/td][td]University of Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]2[/td][td]38[/td][td]Steve Blake[/td][td]University of Maryland[/td][/tr][/table]

That list looks like Melo's playoff record.

But since 2003, they've only had 4 lotto picks, so that list isn't as bad at it appears... half of them are 2nd round picks.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

But since 2003, they've only had 4 lotto picks, so that list isn't as bad at it appears... half of them are 2nd round picks.

most damning in EG's draft history is trading away the #5 overall for Mike Miller/Randy Foye.  Let's also not forget that he re-upped Blatche as well. 

When Gilbert tore his knee up the first time against Toronto....it was all down hill from there.  Had they had the amnesty option, the Wizards should/could have just used that on Gil's contract.  

There was no amnesty option at the time...and Shard's deal is better for the Wiz anyways.  He's off the books at the end of the 2012-13 season, or he can be bought out this summer for something like 13 mil. 

He's funny and cool, but at least he has balls to enter the dunk. More so, he has old school one hand jam swagger that no one else has (at least for a big man). He don't need to make it complex, he just dunks! He could be the Tyson Chandler that would dunk. We'll see.

LOL

JA VALE

JA VALE MC GEEE

SMH @ OFFICIAL JAVALE MCGEE THREAD w/ more posts than DROSE being the same player. lolz

As a Wizards fan, I knew that trading McGee before he developed was a big mistake.
And even Nick Young is putting up numbers for the Clippers against the Grizz.

Only thing left is for Arenas to pop off and drop 30 tonight 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Born illa

As a Wizards fan, I knew that trading McGee before he developed was a big mistake.
And even Nick Young is putting up numbers for the Clippers against the Grizz.

Only thing left is for Arenas to pop off and drop 30 tonight 
indifferent.gif
Honestly though there is no accountability on the Wiz.  Javale was never going to develop for us.  He is going to be a solid center but it was never going to be as a wizard.

Nick Young was putting up numbers for us too.  Nick Young is a good shooter.  He was the only one we had on the Wiz....now we have Jordan Crawford who will shoot from anywhere.....and i mean anywhere....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Big J 33

most damning in EG's draft history is trading away the #5 overall for Mike Miller/Randy Foye.  Let's also not forget that he re-upped Blatche as well. 

There was no amnesty option at the time...and Shard's deal is better for the Wiz anyways.  He's off the books at the end of the 2012-13 season, or he can be bought out this summer for something like 13 mil. 

Im pretty sure the Wizards could have voided his contract with the gun situation going on, but there were rumors that NBA/David Stern wouldn't let that happen (for whatever reason)

watch andray blatche become a "refined/mature" player when he gets on a winning team

That was Javale's coming out party last night, will be a consistent all-star in the next two years, just needed a coach that would humble him the way George Karl has, and no I am not a Denver or McGee fan...

Back
Top Bottom