Jay Z appreciation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got back from that jay-z/ mjb concert at the coliseum and i lost alot of respect for jay... i've seen him in concert before and i was really letdown.. so right now after dropping $100 on those tickets im not appreciating jay-z

The Real GOAT

rakim-775216.jpg

Jay has produced the best catalog of music by far, is the best alive by far, is top five dead or alive easily and is my second favorite rapper...

to B.I.G.....jay can't do what big did on "!ggas bleed" or :"who shot ya freestyle" or "i gotta story to tell" or " real!ggas do real things freestyle" or "whats beef" or "warning" or "gimmie the loot" just to name a few.

dude did two albums( born again dont count) and his catalog still dookies on 98% of anybodies. 2 albums to tupacs 20,973, nas' what 9, jay's 10. hiphop would be different if it werent for his death.

yeah, jay got more albums. so he achieved more.

but talent wise. biggie > jay

just the pure talent. biggie was that dude.

Lyrically

Biggie>_____

Nas>Jay

Rakim>Jay

*I'm not hatin' on Hov he's #3 on my all-time list...but if you dudes think Jay>Big...then you're wylin'

I think a lot of you guys get caught up the hype and tend to over look BIG because GOAT is thrown around too much when you speak about him. He's widelyregarded as the GOAT for a reason.

"Seperate the weak from the ob-solete
Hard to creep them Brooklyn streets
It's on $$#++, %+*$ all that bickering beef
I can hear sweat trickling down your cheek
Your heartbeat sound like Sasquatch feet
Thundering, shaking the concrete
Finish it, stop, when I foil the plot
Neighbors call the cops said they heard mad shots"

Are you kidding me? That's poetry right there and it makes it look so %!$$+@! easy.

"Excuse me, flows just grow through me
Like trees to branches
Cliffs to avalanches
It's the praying mantis
Deep like the mind of Farrakhan
A %$+%%$%!$*!! rap phenomenon, plus..."

sick.gif
Come on now, are you guys HONESTLY trying to say Jay-Z was better thanBiggie now. I don't even wanna pull out the lyrics from the Biggie Demo Tape. It's not even enough just read it, you NEED to hear him. I got you guysthough. Thank me later.

The Microphone murderer, mass mayhem maker, B.I.G's on the mic, call the undertaker
Make an appointment, schedule an interview because you know what big man's about to do

the microphone, I'm rippin
�the burner got the clip in
slammin emcees like scottie pippen

My words are harder than Chinese arithmetic

Chill Big....

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

i just got back from that jay-z/ mjb concert at the coliseum and i lost alot of respect for jay... i've seen him in concert before and i was really let down.. so right now after dropping $100 on those tickets im not appreciating jay-z

eyes.gif
.... Care to explain why exactly that you lost respect for him? Is it because hedidn't perform your favorite song?

Ya'll forget about his second verse on "Renegade"?

I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles
Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent
Gotta vent, lot of innocent of lives lost on the project bench
Whatchu hollerin'? Gotta pay rent, bring dollars in
By the bodega, iron under my coat, feelin braver
Doo-rag wrappin my waves up, pockets full of hope
Do not step to me - I'm awkward, I box lefty often
My pops left me an orphan, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown; 'specially on nights
I brought somethin home to quiet the stomach rumblings
My demeanor - thirty years my senior
My childhood didn't mean much, only raisin green up
Raisin' my fingers to critics; raisin' my head to the sky
BIG I did it - multi before I die
No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight

Originally Posted by roback1991

Ya'll forget about his second verse on "Renegade"?

I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles
Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent
Gotta vent, lot of innocent of lives lost on the project bench
Whatchu hollerin'? Gotta pay rent, bring dollars in
By the bodega, iron under my coat, feelin braver
Doo-rag wrappin my waves up, pockets full of hope
Do not step to me - I'm awkward, I box lefty often
My pops left me an orphan, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown; 'specially on nights
I brought somethin home to quiet the stomach rumblings
My demeanor - thirty years my senior
My childhood didn't mean much, only raisin green up
Raisin' my fingers to critics; raisin' my head to the sky
BIG I did it - multi before I die
No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight
Why do people forget this verse from jay

Simply put, he's the best in the business, and to take a quote from Bret Hart, he's............"The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and TheBest There Ever Will Be"

Ok I see people putting up Rakim and Biggie. Rakim is probally the best lyricist ever but that doesnt mean your the best.

Theres probally a dude in Hawaii that if given the chance would make Rakim, Biggie and Jay look like Dr. Seuss but that dude in hawaii doesnt have the totalpackage.

Even if you say Biggie and Rakim are better lyricaly than Jay you obviously dont think its by alot

With that said...

Jay has 10 quality albums, Rakim as a solo artist I think 2 and Biggie 2. Are you seriously telling me that Although Jay might be slightly inferior lyricalyhis 10 good or great albums doesnt close that gap.

Yea BIG might have been a little better but not by much but Jay got more titles.

Thats like saying Dr. J was better basketball player than Mike Jordan because Dr. J was a better dunker

Originally Posted by ejm205

Man Im goin to go ahead and say it JAY Z IS THE GOAT!!!! Biggie only released 3 albums two were classic stop giving dude the award because of his unfortunate death who knows what would have happen if he was still alive but he's not. Jay been consistently great since day 1 or since Reasonable Doubt

Don't front, Ask Jay who he thinks the GOAT is and he himself will say B.I.G, Jay is a
pimp.gif
no doubt, but GOAT? Naw...

Thats like saying Dr. J was better basketball player than Mike Jordan because Dr. J was a better dunker
100% correct.

now dont get me wrong, BIG was the illest, But Jay is GOAT.

trackwise: Big has Technically recorded 2-3 albums (none posthumous, i could be wrong) classic albums at that
Jay-z has put out 9 Solo albums, (not including his roc album, nor the 2 R Kelly Compilations) - We can argue, if not concur, that at least 3-4 of them areclassic, and the rest are not even mediocre, they're just not classic

cat's tend to give BIG the GOAT title because of how much of an impact he made on Rap, because he was a giant and nobody could stop him. people tend tocondemn Jay because most feel "he's Bigs (insert form of minor age child)". Jay-z has been in the game for years and has milked every singlepenny out of it. he's had records for day's and with all due respect, if i had to pick who i would want to be, i'd pick Jay (although thats alil' unfair, cause big is dead)

REAL TALK: you can't bump "Ready to die" forever and neglect Jay's whatever number classic saying "he's never gunna be big"
you also can't neglect Jay cause Kingdom come was weak.

Reasonable Doubt
In My Lifetime, Vol. 1
Vol. 2: Hard Knock Life
Vol. 3... Life and Times of Shawn Carter
The Dynasty: Roc La Familia
The Blueprint
The Blueprint 2: The Gift and The Curse
The Black Album
Kingdom Come
American Gangster

Former Def Jam CEO
Bangin Beyonce
Owns Rocawear
Smashin Beyonce
Owns the New Jersey Nets
Beyonce givin him top
Owns all the 40/40 Clubs

"I.. will... not... lose... EVA.... !@%%*# !!"

Ok I see people putting up Rakim and Biggie. Rakim is probally the best lyricist ever but that doesnt mean your the best.

Theres probally a dude in Hawaii that if given the chance would make Rakim, Biggie and Jay look like Dr. Seuss but that dude in hawaii doesnt have the total package.

Even if you say Biggie and Rakim are better lyricaly than Jay you obviously dont think its by alot

With that said...

Jay has 10 quality albums, Rakim as a solo artist I think 2 and Biggie 2. Are you seriously telling me that Although Jay might be slightly inferior lyricaly his 10 good or great albums doesnt close that gap.

Yea BIG might have been a little better but not by much but Jay got more titles.

Well to reverse this...Thats like saying Robert Horry is better than Kevin Garnett because he has more championships than him

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Theres probally a dude in Hawaii that if given the chance would make Rakim, Biggie and Jay look like Dr. Seuss but that dude in hawaii doesnt have the total package.

With that said...

Jay has 10 quality albums, Rakim as a solo artist I think 2 and Biggie 2. Are you seriously telling me that Although Jay might be slightly inferior lyricaly his 10 good or great albums doesnt close that gap.

Well to reverse this...Thats like saying Robert Horry is better than Kevin Garnett because he has more championships than him

So are you saying Jay Z is a role player?

Its clear that in the analogy I used that I used both Dr J and Micheal Jordan who are both LEGENDS and for the fact that many people swear that Dr J was thebest player ever. While the two are similiar with skill. What one thing seperates them? MJ has wayyy more accolades under his belt (no !#@*). The same can besaid with Jay (MJ) and Biggie (Dr. J)

The argument is made that if Biggie was alive this and that. I firmly believe if BIG was still alive there would probally be no Jay Z or at least not theone we hear today. But you cant make decisions with what ifs. Its cool to fantasize about alot of things but the fact is BIG is unfortunately not here to holdon to the Crown and what happens when the King dies someon succeeds him and that dude is undisputedly Jay Z

Back
Top Bottom