JAY-Z SAYS "TAKEOVER" ETHER'D NAS, "IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE"

like it or not he did lose,, people voted n he lost, people gonna laugh it off and say ohh stupid radio voting doesnt mean issh, but at the time they took it seriously,, soo seriously that
jay went up to hot 97 thinking he won,, thats how serious he took it,, was soo stunned he almost cried on air, then tried to play it off saying something about his mom called him , gettin on him cuz he talked about nas baby mom,, he lost its a fact!! they left it up to ny to vote on it, n jay took the L homie got ether

like it or not he did lose,, people voted n he lost, people gonna laugh it off and say ohh stupid radio voting doesnt mean issh, but at the time they took it seriously,, soo seriously that
jay went up to hot 97 thinking he won,, thats how serious he took it,, was soo stunned he almost cried on air, then tried to play it off saying something about his mom called him , gettin on him cuz he talked about nas baby mom,, he lost its a fact!! they left it up to ny to vote on it, n jay took the L homie got ether

That's admission of defeat. How could you interpret those opening lines any other way? Don't matter who he talking to.

Plus he was crying on live radio when he was told he lost. So, he lost.
Eh, we'll just agree to disagree then.  I just wanted to get my point across as you got yours across.  I'll say this though..........."I came in your bentley backseat, skeeted in your jeep
Left condoms on your baby seat" kills this entire battle debate as far as I'm concerned.  I said this before and I'll say this again, there's perception and then there's reality, it's up to you dudes which one means more to you in life.

That's admission of defeat. How could you interpret those opening lines any other way? Don't matter who he talking to.

Eh, we'll just agree to disagree then.  I just wanted to get my point across as you got yours across.  I'll say this though..........."I came in your bentley backseat, skeeted in your jeep
Left condoms on your baby seat" kills this entire battle debate as far as I'm concerned.  I said this before and I'll say this again, there's perception and then there's reality, it's up to you dudes which one means more to you in life.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Just like illphillip or somebody else said in that thread reality > perception. No need to fool yourself.

People always want it both ways to fit their argument. "Nas did nothing but call names and lie..... Jay told facts..... Jay left condoms on the baby seat." Fallacies upon fallacies. Can't stomach that kind of hypocrisy.

A dude can carry on the facade of having a bad broad on his arm but if he know she a ******. She a ******. The perception is null and void at that point.

Just like illphillip or somebody else said in that thread reality > perception. No need to fool yourself.

People always want it both ways to fit their argument. "Nas did nothing but call names and lie..... Jay told facts..... Jay left condoms on the baby seat." Fallacies upon fallacies. Can't stomach that kind of hypocrisy.

A dude can carry on the facade of having a bad broad on his arm but if he know she a ******. She a ******. The perception is null and void at that point.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I swear NTer's be telling on themselves with some of these analogies.
roll.gif

I get your point and all... but come on man...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

roll.gif

grin.gif

[h2]
[h2]Search Results For: ether[/h2]
Showing Results 1 to 20 of 927 (0.015 secs)

Last Indexed: 11/18/10 2:13 PM
Last Post: 11/18/10 2:26 PM

Results

[table][tr][th=""]Topic Title[/th][th=""]Forum[/th][th=""]Author[/th][/tr][tr][td]Re: Young Jazz's first music video tell me what you think  (reply)
PJ and Bompton wrote:tongue:rops for making this *+!+ with just a blackberry, i mean, you guys used a preloaded ringtone for the beat, recorded a voice note and then shot the video all with one phone ether
[/td][td]General[/td][td]
jehims
11/15/10 7:03 PM [/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: How Do You Tell Your Homie His Girl is Playing Him  (reply)
Mo Greene wrote:SpeakUp23 wrote:Dead $#+, let him find out on his own. He'll learn better that way. Everyone has to go through +!*% like that.just cause none of your friends cared about you......SpeakUp23 wrote:How she gunna wake up, and not love me no ...
SpeakUp23
11/15/10 3:15 AM [/td][/tr][tr][td]If the Tea Party was Black...  (topic)
Tim Wise coming through with the ether again. Just a little something to think about before y'all go and enjoy your Friday nights.Let’s play a game, shall we? The name of the game is called “Imagine.
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/h2]

[h2]
[h2]Search Results For: ether[/h2]
Showing Results 1 to 20 of 927 (0.015 secs)

Last Indexed: 11/18/10 2:13 PM
Last Post: 11/18/10 2:26 PM

Results

[table][tr][th=""]Topic Title[/th][th=""]Forum[/th][th=""]Author[/th][/tr][tr][td]Re: Young Jazz's first music video tell me what you think  (reply)
PJ and Bompton wrote:tongue:rops for making this *+!+ with just a blackberry, i mean, you guys used a preloaded ringtone for the beat, recorded a voice note and then shot the video all with one phone ether
jehims
11/15/10 7:03 PM [/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: How Do You Tell Your Homie His Girl is Playing Him  (reply)
Mo Greene wrote:SpeakUp23 wrote:Dead $#+, let him find out on his own. He'll learn better that way. Everyone has to go through +!*% like that.just cause none of your friends cared about you......SpeakUp23 wrote:How she gunna wake up, and not love me no ...
SpeakUp23
11/15/10 3:15 AM [/td][/tr][tr][td]If the Tea Party was Black...  (topic)
Tim Wise coming through with the ether again. Just a little something to think about before y'all go and enjoy your Friday nights.Let’s play a game, shall we? The name of the game is called “Imagine.
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/h2]

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

roll.gif

grin.gif
This is right up NT General's alley. How could I be telling on myself when I'm advocating reality > perception?

You of all ppl trying to imply that I'm suspect is hilarious though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

that proves somethin? bling bling became a staple but the song still wack
laugh.gif
You know ppl gonna be using ether forever man.

Look at how backwards this thread title is
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

roll.gif

grin.gif
This is right up NT General's alley. How could I be telling on myself when I'm advocating reality > perception?

You of all ppl trying to imply that I'm suspect is hilarious though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

that proves somethin? bling bling became a staple but the song still wack
laugh.gif
You know ppl gonna be using ether forever man.

Look at how backwards this thread title is
laugh.gif

The same way people downplay Ether is the same way people downplay BP2. BP2 was excellent. It had more truth than both Takever and Ether.

The same way people downplay Ether is the same way people downplay BP2. BP2 was excellent. It had more truth than both Takever and Ether.

Personal preference...which I think the majority of the public rolls with Nas on this one.

The guy turned "Ether" into a popular verb...."son got ethered"
laugh.gif

Personal preference...which I think the majority of the public rolls with Nas on this one.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

I don't know about more truth than Ether but BP2 is definitely better than Takeover. 

laugh.gif
 at Zik's comment about this #*# backwards thread title.  

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

I don't know about more truth than Ether but BP2 is definitely better than Takeover. 

laugh.gif
 at Zik's comment about this #*# backwards thread title.  

That's more to do with the enunciation of the word more than the actual meaning.  Just with your example alone saying "son got takeovered" doesn't even sound right.  Dudes gotta get their English game up
laugh.gif
.  Saying "son got ethered" sounds better, simple logic.  

That's more to do with the enunciation of the word more than the actual meaning.  Just with your example alone saying "son got takeovered" doesn't even sound right.  Dudes gotta get their English game up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though
Jay admitted he took the L
Not really, but nice try though.

Come on man, Jay would not have chosen those words if he thought he had won. 

Which is why he starts off that verse in particular with "But I will not lose" right??  Here's the thing, with the song Blueprint 2 which are verses that you highlighted the great thing about this song is that Jay isn't talking to Nas, he was talking to hip hop fans in general.  So when he says "for even in defeat" he's saying that to the people out there (ie. Nas fans or others) that think he lost the battle.  Simple comprehension...........that's all.  So if you or anyone else thinks he's lost he's letting you know how and or why he won..........or at least flipping it that way.   

Your right,  he is talking to the fans because he couldn't believe that they decided Nas won.

But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though
Jay admitted he took the L
Not really, but nice try though.

Come on man, Jay would not have chosen those words if he thought he had won. 

Which is why he starts off that verse in particular with "But I will not lose" right??  Here's the thing, with the song Blueprint 2 which are verses that you highlighted the great thing about this song is that Jay isn't talking to Nas, he was talking to hip hop fans in general.  So when he says "for even in defeat" he's saying that to the people out there (ie. Nas fans or others) that think he lost the battle.  Simple comprehension...........that's all.  So if you or anyone else thinks he's lost he's letting you know how and or why he won..........or at least flipping it that way.   

Your right,  he is talking to the fans because he couldn't believe that they decided Nas won.

laugh.gif
Not really.  The meaning and concept "Ether" is a part of why the diss song was hot.   "that ether that makes ya soul burn slow"

Back
Top Bottom