Jay-z wouldn't have had a career if Biggie and Pac didn't die - snoop

^^^

I wouldn't expect you to be objective about this though.

It is up there.

But when the best "diss" songs are mentioned, "Ether", "2nd Round KO" and "Hit Em' Up" tend to come first.
If I wasnt being objective wouldnt I have picked Takeover, Super Ugly, or BP2? 
I don't think LL's response makes 2nd Round KO any less ill though. Especially when it dropped.

Pac was talking out his *** on some of Hit 'Em Up.....maybe not in others. Either way, the **** was WILD disrespectful.

Not the point of this thread though, nor is 300 Bars and Running, outside of someone bringing it up to try to take some shine off "Ether".
Thats not why I brought it up though.... I've said countless times on here that 300BNR is the best diss track, someone siad in this thread that its Ether, and I disagreed. The topic of this thread has changed like five times already anyways...

Last edited:
Still speaking on hypotheticals with the talk of "had Nas not been an introvert" At the end of the day rap career wise Jay Z is still bigger than Nas, be it before Ether or afterwards. Ether kept Nas's name in the spotlight for a little bit but after that, things went right back to the way they are with Nas pretty much being a non-************* factor. Some things never change.
When has Nas been a nonfactor?

Do you even hip hop?

He exposed Jay and dropped facts throughout the song, instead of name calling. 
lol..the whole song was just middle school name calling??  what FACTS were dropped?? lol..

d sucking lips

they called you ugly

fat lips

gay z/cock a fella

36 in a karate class/tae bo h0

dame diddy dame dollar dame dummy

no mustach having with wiskers like a rat

straight middle school baking session...not facts.lol..

nd im not gonna front on the IMPACT of ether...it had the streeets on lock..it was SUPER HOT FIRE...no if ands or buts..

but it wasnt some otherwordly, 'straight facts' , best diss ever..lol..ill give that one to common sense...

nd it def wasnt gonna turn jay into jay rule...lol...foh

He exposed Jay and dropped facts throughout the song, instead of name calling. 
lol..the whole song was just middle school name calling??  what FACTS were dropped?? lol..

d sucking lips

they called you ugly

fat lips

gay z/cock a fella

Seriously.......

Still speaking on hypotheticals with the talk of "had Nas not been an introvert" At the end of the day rap career wise Jay Z is still bigger than Nas, be it before Ether or afterwards. Ether kept Nas's name in the spotlight for a little bit but after that, things went right back to the way they are with Nas pretty much being a non-************* factor. Some things never change.
When has Nas been a nonfactor?

Do you even hip hop?
When I say non ************* factor, I"m moreso saying in comparison to Jay.  As far as the years in hip hop when Nas was a non-factor my first thoughts would say 98-late '01.........then from '04-'08.  I may have to look at that timeline a little more later on just to verify.  You can pick any one of the years champ, or you can add them all up together and find yourself with a long string of irrelevance for Nas.  
Nas didn't mention Jay-z ONE TIME in god son
Loud and wrong, but then again ninjahood that's quite normal for you. Don't worry, I'm not going to hold that against you..............for now 
nerd.gif
.  I guess you forgot about "Last Real ***** Alive" on God Son huh??  Stop lying to the people champ. Remember, if you lie you cheat, and if you cheat you steal.  Nobody's likes a thief muchacho.  

nd im not gonna front on the IMPACT of ether...it had the streeets on lock..it was SUPER HOT FIRE...no if ands or buts..

but it wasnt some otherwordly, 'straight facts' , best diss ever..lol..ill give that one to common sense...

nd it def wasnt gonna turn jay into jay rule...lol...foh

This is all that matters when it comes to diss tracks. The impact is the most important thing. The blatant disregard for respect that Nas showed Jay is the most remembered thing. Jay is a clown for saying he was trying to battle for sport when he hit him with takeover. Jay is the one who took it to the personal disrespectful level with the line " Because you know who (who) did you know what (what)
with you know who (yeah) but just keep that between me and you for now". So Nas gave him ether and he has the nerve to cry about the level of disrespect that Nas took it to? LOL

Meph Bleek is on record saying dec 4th 2001 was a very gloomy day at rocafella. Lol. It's really funny hearing these dudes downplaying ether because Nas made your god bleed.

d sucking lips

they called you ugly

fat lips

gay z/cock a fella

What facts were dropped?

-Jay-Z and Lance "Un" Rivera did happen. He took the fall and did three years probation.

-They did call him ugly. Jay admits that himself on Song Cry.

-Rocafella was a drug dealer from Marcy that Jay looked up to and he died of AIDS complications.

-Jay-Z was blowing up Nas' phone number to get him to drop a verse on Reasonable Doubt.

-Jay-Z was a **** rider. He hopped from clique to clique.

Last edited:
What facts were dropped?

-Jay-Z and Lance "Un" Rivera did happen. He took the fall and did three years probation.
-Rocafella was a drug dealer from Marcy that Jay looked up to and he died of AIDS complications.
-Jay-Z was blowing up Nas' phone number to get him to drop a verse on Reasonable Doubt.

Waits to see how the mini blue ivy Carter's reply to this one

Agreed

I'd also like to throw in
"j a d a , got the game on pause no replay, who u wanna war me or the freeway "  
nthat.gif
pimp.gif

beans spaaazzzzeeeed!!!

jada went hard too tho..

"idk where they found you son but since ur pops aint around ima punish you and ground you son"  ,  "you forgot the reason that you signed to the roc, cause you listen and you watch, and listen to the lox". 
nthat.gif

damn those were some good years to be a RAP fan...

Just let this **** Die out man..... this ***** just compared Jay-Z to Ja Rule.... Jay-Z after just releasing one of the best Hip-Hop albums of all time and having ALL of hip-hop change their sound to try and follow that format was going to become the equivalent to Ja Rule, if Nas didn't stop....:rofl: :rofl:

A ***** States this
Jay-Z was blowing up Nas' phone number to get him to drop a verse on Reasonable Doubt.

and then says it's fact because........... of course he mustve been rolling wit QB during the mid 90's

This the type of **** being discussed in here..

Just let this **** Die out man..... this ***** just compared Jay-Z to Ja Rule.... Jay-Z after just releasing one of the best Hip-Hop albums of all time and having ALL of hip-hop change their sound to try and follow that format was going to become the equivalent to Ja Rule, if Nas didn't stop....
roll.gif
roll.gif
you forget how much records ja rule was selling before 50 cent slit da throat of his career....

you forget how much records ja rule was selling before 50 cent slit da throat of his career....

You just said yourself in the other thread that to not be a fan of Jay is to not be a fan of hiphop... you mean to tell me someone who is ARTISTICALLY regarded as one of the best in hiphop was going to be taken out because of a diss.

Ja was NOWHERE near the stratosphere Jay was at as far as respect in the hiphop world goes so don't be naive like that. Ja rule got wiped out because 80% of his fans were mainstream america and fans of what was "hot" more than the music, That's why 50 took... that's also why 50 took that fanbase and a few years after selling 10's of millions of albums he can barely get a release date.

If you think Nas is Better and won the battle is cool, but to say some **** like Jay would wind up like Ja-rule if Nas didn't stop attacking him is your way of re-writing history and comes off Stanish as hell.

You just said yourself in the other thread that to not be a fan of Jay is to not be a fan of hiphop... you mean to tell me someone who is ARTISTICALLY regarded as one of the best in hiphop was going to be taken out because of a diss.

Ja was NOWHERE near the stratosphere Jay was at as far as respect in the hiphop world goes so don't be naive like that. Ja rule got wiped out because 80% of his fans were mainstream america and fans of what was "hot" more than the music, That's why 50 took... that's also why 50 took that fanbase and a few years after selling 10's of millions of albums he can barely get a release date.

If you think Nas is Better and won the battle is cool, but to say some **** like Jay would wind up like Ja-rule if Nas didn't stop attacking him is your way of re-writing history and comes off Stanish as hell.
umm ja rule had JUST as much priority as jay-z in da def jam building, 50 cent took out a major selling artist in that office, it could've EASILY

happened to jay-z had Nas rode him like 50 rode ja rule..to think otherwise is to be naive or not remember how much of a fall jay-z took

son was in SERIOUS damage control for damn near a year, and this is without Nas saying another word about it...

imagine if they hot 97 would've let him perform ether on summer jam, hanging jay-z's likeness and going da whole 9 yards...

Jay-Z-Hanging-Doll.jpg

tumblr_mabh74I7Jf1qfxsjpo1_400.gif

You know what you got it Fam not only did nas win but he would have stopped Jay-z entire career from even having a chance if he continued.

All Of the Blueprint singles would've failed
He would have never released any of the rocafella camp
He would have never Had dipset on his roster
Never been able to make another hit single again
Never linked up with Beyonce
Never got his own shoe

Because Nas and his Atom bomb known as ether would have shutdown the ENTIRE career of a rapper who just came off an album that is being commemorated 10 years later & is seen as one of the biggest sonically changing factors in hiphop history.:rofl: :rofl:

You on that same wet those QB ****** were on in the 90's G

Not to Mention you just compared a cat With the biggest buzz in hiphop since snoop going up against an inferior Pop Rapper to Jay-z & Nas

View media item 410035

What facts were dropped?

Im surprised Nas didnt mention how he had Beyonce shakin it in his video before jay had her

Nas going at Jay was the equivalent of a corner burger stand going at McDonald's

this is laughable

Back
Top Bottom