Jay-z wouldn't have had a career if Biggie and Pac didn't die - snoop

X/Ruff Ryders--When I saw the word Ruff Ryders, the fist thing I thought of was the compilation album when Jay had a track on their album.  I'm more inclined to believe the Ruff Ryders, management included reached out and asked Jay to provide a track.  If that's different from what you may know, please let me know.

Kanye on WTT--Kanye asked Jay to do WTT.  So to me that's moreso Kanye being the initiator behind that particular project and Kanye reaching out to Jay.

Justin Timberlake--It's Justin Timberlake's album, so once again I'm inclined to believe that Justin reached out or had Timberland reach out to Jay in order to get him on Suit & Tie. 
Only one I'd really disagree with is X/Ruff Ryders really. I don't know anything persay.

But X popped off something major in 98 and after that, Jay was doing singles on a Ruff Ryders comp and X wound up on "Money, Cash, ****" in 99.
Okay. 
He had fans believing his ownership was bigger than what it was
Not sure how or why anyone would believe Jay's ownership in the Brooklyn Nets was bigger than what it was when if anyone who did even just a little bit of research on the team would see that a Russian BILLIONAIRE was the majority owner of the Nets.  If someone believed otherwise, then that's on them.  All the information is out there for folks to see.  

I had this conversation with my friends last night and I came to the conclusion that if for some odd reason Jay-Z would have faded into obscurity if Big and Pac were still alive like people are suggesting then I can accept the ways things really played out. Before people fly off the handle, no I am not saying that I am fine with the fact that they died, cause I'm not, pointless deaths are not ok, I would have much preferred if they stayed alive and faded into irrelevance thus opening up the lane for Jay, but if this was really the only reason that it happened, and the only reason why he vaulted into stardom and thus made more music then what can I say? I wouldn't want Jay-Z to not have an avenue to make more music in order to keep two others around, one of which I only casually listened to and another I don't listen to at all cause I don't think hes good at all.
Regardless of all the other nonsense being spewed in this thread...

This man literally just stated that he would gladly sacrifice the lives of two human beings in order for Jay-Z to have had a career beyond Reasonable Doubt. Bro, I really think you need to reevaluate your life right now...

mean.gif
roll.gif

The fact is that Jay-z has never been the most popular rapper out in any era. People need to understand that. What he does well is market himself. Take the BK Nets for example. He had fans believing his ownership was bigger than what it was. It was less than 1% but people give him a lot of credit. The truth of it is that Bloomberg just needed a face/puppet to transform that Brooklyn area. Jay-z just happened to be the perfect fit.
yea he was obviously trying to make ppl think that. 

they needed a puppet to justify the gentrification im sure will follow if it hasnt been completed already
Okay. 

Not sure how or why anyone would believe Jay's ownership in the Brooklyn Nets was bigger than what it was when if anyone who did even just a little bit of research on the team would see that a Russian BILLIONAIRE was the majority owner of the Nets.  If someone believed otherwise, then that's on them.  All the information is out there for folks to see.  
oh u not sure how or why?

"im movin the nets to BK"

"ex dboy used to park my beamer/now look at me i can park in MY OWN ARENA"

cmon son he always does that type of ish

I dont even want a response, but yall dudes will run with anything.

Dude does a song wit h Em but its Jay doing the aligning.
Does a damn song wit Justin timberlake, he's aligning.

Use producers thats making a new sound and he's aligning??? the hell? Puff's Crew for his album???

anything Nas says yall run with. (ala fox got you hot..)

smh

edit: and tho YOUR post is what im discussing, you are not the first poster to say this, and neither were they...so take a breath :wink:

Last edited:
:lol:

You think Em begged Jay to be on Jay's album? How else would one perceive that?

Was Jay ever on an Em album? Nope. I don't think "Syllables" was on an album. Just an unreleased leak.

Let me guess....you're going to try to tell me Jay was bigger than Eminem in 2001 now? When Em did over 10 Million albums in the US ALONE in 2000?

I wasn't talking about the Justin song as much as the tour.

Using producers that are on fire when you have your own in house producers that you normally rock with.....could definitely be perceived as aligning.

Ain't nobody "running" with anything. Just observation. Funny thing is, I can say it's a part of Jay's genius and some of you lil' dudes STILL get upset.

That incredibly passive aggressive last line made me laugh though.......

Last edited:
oh u not sure how or why?

"im movin the nets to BK"

"ex dboy used to park my beamer/now look at me i can park in MY OWN ARENA"

cmon son he always does that type of ish
Well he was apart of the GROUP that helped move the Nets to BK.  Also, I believe he does own a percentage of  or has a percentage of ownership at Barclays Center.  Like I said earlier though, all information can be found if folks just did a little bit of research to find out any and everything they would want to know. 

Well he was apart of the GROUP that helped move the Nets to BK.  Also, I believe he does own a percentage of  or has a percentage of ownership at Barclays Center.  Like I said earlier though, all information can be found if folks just did a little bit of research to find out any and everything they would want to know. 

Dudes are hanging on something to call failure B..... a ***** really posted that Jay in 2005-2006 (wateva ****** year it was) needed nas to sign with him rather then the other way around... another has claimed that Jay-z has never been the hottest rapper EVER in his career.... **** it Jay even ows his success to Jaz-o & Foxy Brown...... He ALLIGNED himself for a buzz with a guy who's career he helped progress who also happened to make an entire dedication song to Jay but yea jay needed him for buzz..... ****** are questioning why he alligned himself with Beyonce.... BEYONCE

It's proven on here that NT doesn't like anything too successful... Dudes on this forum talkin bout Ross has CLASSIC albums and the same ****** will tell ya jay aint been hot since the black album... A level of success ain't ever been seen by a rapper with his credentials in the actual music world and cats don't know how to react.

Last edited:

Dudes are hanging on something to call failure B..... a ***** really posted that Jay in 2005-2006 (wateva ****** year it was) needed nas to sign with him rather then the other way around... another has claimed that Jay-z has never been the hottest rapper EVER in his career.... He ALLIGNED himself for a buzz with a guy who's career he helped progress who also happened to make an entire dedication song to Jay but yea jay needed him for buzz..... ****** are questioning why he alligned himself with Beyonce.... BEYONCE

This is the 2nd time today you and your hysterics regarding Jay Z are imagining people saying things.

**** ain't healthy. I don't even understand why it means that much to you for Jay to be the "hottest rapper" or the "King Of NY" for any particular year when you could just say he will walk away with the greatest career we've seen from a rapper. I've already said the same.

No one questioned anything. Certainly not his relationship with Beyonce. Or did you miss the :lol: after that? That means it's supposed to be a joke. And I actually said they were smart moves.

Noone said he NEEDED to sign Nas. But again, try to use your head. Neither one of them needed the other. Nas would have been fine without Jay. Jay would have been fine without Nas. Jay was the "President" of the company. The decision maker. Jay decided to sign Nas. Nas accepted the offer. Nas can't be on Def Jam if the Pres don't want him there.

But what both did get was a LOT of hype and hoopla from them coming together after their beef. And again, this is when NY was saying that Nas got the man you've crowned King of NY. Not sure how you can be king of a city when the city is saying you got handled, but either way, that hype helped them BOTH.

If you're referencing Kanye, it's widely known that Jay didn't believe in him. DAME helped his career progress. Once Kanye blew up, it's mutually beneficial. Look around you. Kanye has fans that are worse than you are with Jay. So it's also potentially more beneficial to Jay.

We put **** in front of you but cats like you like to pick and choose what you read and get mad about. I laid out a lot of examples of Jay bouncing around, working with different dudes. Said it was a part of his genius. You cats isolate 1-2, get all upset, misinterpret, and don't realize it ain't about the 1-2. It's about the sum of their parts.

Jay does a great job of making chess moves via his affiliation with certain artists at the right time and that has been a major key to his success. It's a compliment. Understand?

This is the 2nd time today you and your hysterics regarding Jay Z are imagining people saying things.

**** ain't healthy. I don't even understand why it means that much to you for Jay to be the "hottest rapper" or the "King Of NY" for any particular year when you could just say he will walk away with the greatest career we've seen from a rapper. I've already said the same.

No one questioned anything. Certainly not his relationship with Beyonce. Or did you miss the :lol: after that? That means it's supposed to be a joke. And I actually said they were smart moves.

Noone said he NEEDED to sign Nas. But again, try to use your head. Neither one of them needed the other. Nas would have been fine without Jay. Jay would have been fine without Nas. Jay was the "President" of the company. The decision maker. Jay decided to sign Nas. Nas accepted the offer. Nas can't be on Def Jam if the Pres don't want him there.

But what both did get was a LOT of hype and hoopla from them coming together after their beef. And again, this is when NY was saying that Nas got the man you've crowned King of NY. Not sure how you can be king of a city when the city is saying you got handled, but either way, that hype helped them BOTH.

If you're referencing Kanye, it's widely known that Jay didn't believe in him. DAME helped his career progress. Once Kanye blew up, it's mutually beneficial. Look around you. Kanye has fans that are worse than you are with Jay. So it's also potentially more beneficial to Jay.

We put **** in front of you but cats like you like to pick and choose what you read and get mad about. I laid out a lot of examples of Jay bouncing around, working with different dudes. Said it was a part of his genius. You cats isolate 1-2, get all upset, misinterpret, and don't realize it ain't about the 1-2. It's about the sum of their parts.

Jay does a great job of making chess moves via his affiliation with certain artists at the right time and that has been a major key to his success. It's a compliment. Understand?

This is where you went wrong for whatever reason you happen to think i'm having a direct opposition against your thoughts I don't really care. YOU didn't say that jay needed nas someone else did, YOU didn't say that foxy is the reason ain't no ***** was hot someone else did, YOU didn't say jay ain't ever in his career been the hottest someone else did.

I am not having a convo wit YOU...

:lol:

You think Em begged Jay to be on Jay's album? How else would one perceive that?
No, I think two talented artist collabed on a track.
Was Jay ever on an Em album? Nope. I don't think "Syllables" was on an album. Just an unreleased leak.
i dont believe i ever heard the song...listenin to it now
Let me guess....you're going to try to tell me Jay was bigger than Eminem in 2001 now? When Em did over 10 Million albums in the US ALONE in 2000?
No, im not sayin that at all. Im sayin that yalls argument that Jay alligned himself is stupid. does this argument (yours )apply to other artist?
I wasn't talking about the Justin song as much as the tour.
they are LIvenation aka Rocnation tours no? even with that said, its still silly. Did Jay align with Em to do some shows with Em for the same reason, cause tho EM is a draw, I dont think Jay needed him 2 years ago...so again, SILLY
Using producers that are on fire when you have your own in house producers that you normally rock with.....could definitely be perceived as aligning.
Kanye west and Just Blaze would be inhouse producers so what you saying? Cause he got some pharrell beats? Again, do you make this silly argument with every other artist?
Ain't nobody "running" with anything. Just observation. Funny thing is, I can say it's a part of Jay's genius and some of you lil' dudes STILL get upset.
Lil dude eh? silly.
That incredibly passive aggressive last line made me laugh though.......
glad you got a laugh.

wait a min....so jay stans not even giving in to da fact that da white boy had it on smash over hov and everyone else?
laugh.gif

Ima up my thread in a minute...but theres a reason Jay is DA BAR that other rappers get compared to.

Ima up my thread in a minute...but theres a reason Jay is DA BAR that other rappers get compared to.
im like 99.9% sure that thread was made already
i kno he was part of the group. But if u only are a twentieth of 1% but makin these claims...intentionally making people think its more than what it is. 

jay-z stans :rofl:

they make some of the kobe and lebron stans come across as impartial and unbiased

jay-z stans
roll.gif

they make some of the kobe and lebron stans come across as impartial and unbiased
they HORRIBLE.....b

and no one is taking away jay-z's accomplishments...but damn, according to them he's NEVER taken a L...EVER

mean.gif
laugh.gif

jay-z stans
roll.gif

they HORRIBLE.....b

and no one is taking away jay-z's accomplishments...but damn, according to them he's NEVER taken a L...EVER

mean.gif
laugh.gif
Everybody has taken an L champ, it's apart of life.  However, when I think of rappers that have taken an L, Jay is not a rapper that comes to mind.  When I think of rappers that are known or revel in taking an L, I think Prodigy, I think of Rick Ross,  I think of Nas, and I think of any and all members or Dipset, past, present and future...........if Dipset even has a future that is
nerd.gif

son...da word Ether is in rap lexicon because of da scalding loss he suffered from da hands of Nas...

**** ain't going no where like when when we call thirst fans "stans" thanks to da white boy that jay-z stans like to ignore

because his numbers make their hero look SO itty bitty
laugh.gif

son...da word Ether is in rap lexicon because of da scalding loss he suffered from da hands of Nas...

**** ain't going no where like when when we call thirst fans "stans" thanks to da white boy that jay-z stans like to ignore

because his numbers make their hero look SO itty bitty
laugh.gif
That's all well and good champ.  Maybe if Nas was a little smarter he would have trademarked the word "ether" beforehand.  That way it would make his financial obligation and payment schedule to the IRS as well as Kelis a bit more manageable on his end. 

Yeah, but if they really homies Pac coulda at least had a conversation with him instead of ignoring him for a 3 hour flight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom