Jay-z wouldn't have had a career if Biggie and Pac didn't die - snoop

Imo if Biggie and Pac were still alive, Jay would still have had a career but he never would have got to the status he has today. I mean his whole career could have taken a different turn if there was no way for him to become the King of NY.

I hear what Snoop is saying. But who's to say that BIG or 2Pac would have remained consistent if they were still alive?

If Snoop died after Doggystyle, people would be praising his name as one of the best.

Last edited:
so.....yea....there was no Rocafella Army fighting in Liberia....but there was a Tupac army and a Biggie Army

grin.gif

what does LOOB mean?
it said in the late 90's......this was after the death of Pac and Biggie, and so what about that. Pac put horrible and negative energy into HIP-HOP...smh, his antics got Biggie killed for no reason, Pac got hit in Vegas, because of payback.
This too but the topic at hand wants to basically rule this out as an opinion it seems. If they were alive Jay would have no lane is what I've been reading.
Alot of folks are failing to realize that just because your large at one point in time in your career doesn't mean you stay that way forever.  Case in point with 50 Cent.  You can be large one year and pretty much be a non-************* factor a year or two later, especially as a rapper.  With that being said, yeah Pac and Biggie were running the rap game at certain point in time, but something can be said about Biggie not having a second half of a career/album if Pac didn't die, so on and so forth. 

At the end of the day, Jay Z was not running the rap game when Big and Pac were alive.  We all know that, but he did Takeover the rap game and really hasn't given it up since.  While other rappers have came and went, Jay is still around and still pretty much at the top.  You can't say that about too many other rappers, it's a very small list with him being on it. 

Well at least you tried champ, I'll give you that much credit.  Your dead wrong, make no mistake about that but at least you tried. 
IMO only rappers doing it for a long *** time is Nas 94-present, Jay-Z 96-present and soon Eminem in another 3 years.
So if Biggie or Pac were alive would Dame & Jay say **** rocafella?

Would jay suddenly had lost his skill at rhyming? Would he not have done more work with Biggie?

ya'll ****** actin like we aint talkin bout a rapper who is indisputably top 5 ever. This is music fans can be fans of more than one person.

Nas ain't die and has constantly been putting out music for the past two decades and Jay has ran circles around him as far as "being Big"
like i wrote before, Jay is only bigger than other artist because of his business mind. 

i lot of rappers wouldnt have careers right now if big and pac were alive, not just jay-z
agreed but Jay-z was the one who profited most from that void out of any who was on the verge at that time. 

Last edited:
it said in the late 90's......this was after the death of Pac and Biggie, and so what about that. Pac put horrible and negative energy into HIP-HOP...smh, his antics got Biggie killed for no reason, Pac got hit in Vegas, because of payback.
man what the hell r u talkin bout? 

Last edited:
thanks. the point is its snoop saying it not any other 90s rapper. might check that interview out if i got time

is ur government name stan? naw i think its two reasons why ur boy woulda never really blew because 1 Biggie was the undisputed king of new york and as we kno there can only be one king at a time and Jay-z was his lil man. He wasn't escaping that shadow. Thats why after Big died he still felt he had to say that "Im the best to ever come around excluding nobody" an Nas said that ish was foul "first Biggies ya man then u got the nerve to say u better than Big?" then 2. Pac woulda put his foot on his neck. he sent him a lil shot on troublesome "i was all about my ends f**k friends an foes" if he dissed him directly it woulda been hard as hell for him to recover being that he wasn't established yet e.g. chino xl
lol you dude are jokers. 

Biggie was not the undisputed King Of NYC, stop it. If we are talking about the doe, it him, but love, it wasn't. Like i wrote earlier, he wasn't really ****** with cause he mad too many poppy songs so many people consider him a sellout. You heard Ghost call him out on Shark on OB4CL.

lol at you acting like Pac was the hardest mofo out, I know for a fact Jay would have responded to him on a track, he wasn't scared of Pac lol. For crying out loud he even responded to Nas after Ether, even though his life was and other roca fella records rappers were being threaten.
^^^

This is true. Jay struggled MUCH longer than Snoop, BIG or Pac to get on.

The right circumstances and partnerships helped a lot.

The dude was on "Hawaiian Sophie" for ***** sake.....
so what? I don't get this. If it took longer for a record company to realize his talents? Even Ben Baller said when they let him go for Master P 
roll.gif
, they knew they made a mistake. You want to talk about Rapper past life? 
roll.gif
 Hawaiian Sophie was jokes no doubt, but look at this corny mofo...

pleeze watch the rest in the video description, dude looks like a fool.

And what about Biggie Smalls going to a private school when he was younger? Where is the laugh about that.
Stress was a cool mag. But it wasn't an A list publication. There were a ton of great mags back then. Ego Trip. On The Go. etc.

If you weren't on the Source, Vibe, and later XXL, it wasn't a BIG deal.

As far as the top, it's somewhat valid. Jay fans fail to really look at his history.

Dude struggled, for a LONG time before he got on. And that's also a credit to him that he stayed with it and came through.

But dude had some terrible solo records out. Cameo on "Can I Get Open". And still wasn't moving the needle.

He actually got on with a lot of help. From Dame. From BIG.

He basically changed his whole style from what he was to resemble what those dudes were.

Which then allowed him to fill BIG's lane after he passed.
so what if he struggled? That shows how hard of dedication he put into his work after he finally got a chance to shine. He was doing ill singles before his deal and had a indie label from Dame and Kareem money.

U can say that about anybody, if Biggie wasn't with Diddy he probably wouldn't be ish. Pac got a lot of help from Digital Underground. Why don't you write that?

Pac and Biggie changed there styles too, which allowed them to get bigger and more exposure. Please write about that!

lol you dude are jokers. 

Biggie was not the undisputed King Of NYC, stop it. If we are talking about the doe, it him, but love, it wasn't. Like i wrote earlier, he wasn't really ****** with cause he mad too many poppy songs so many people consider him a sellout. You heard Ghost call him out on Shark on OB4CL.

lol at you acting like Pac was the hardest mofo out, I know for a fact Jay would have responded to him on a track, he wasn't scared of Pac lol. For crying out loud he even responded to Nas after Ether, even though his life was and other roca fella records rappers were being threaten.
Biggie was the king. U dnt kno sh*t if u think he wasn't. even his enemy said biggie was the east coast king. yea ghost dissed him but Meth was on his album an meth said rae n ghost didnt like nobody further proof bcuz whoever is #1 always has the most haters. he might of got flack for puffy bein his man and him dancin around actin ******ed but he had love. As far as jay u dnt kno for a fact he was gonna respond to Pac u sound stupid lets not talk about whos hard whos not bcuz thats too much speculation. but i kno jay damn sure wasnt respondin to the Lox when they was on his a(ss an he was quick to apologize. but it wasnt even about who's hardest it was that jays career growth woulda been stunted had Pac went off on him which was sure to happen since he already was throwin shots 

Dude, you're short circuiting. Are you the new Antidope?

BIG was absolutely top dog in NY.

It didn't take "longer for record companies to recognize his talents". Dude was making some weak records and there were a lot of people who weren't feeling his rapid fire delivery.

I'm not making jokes about Hawaiin Sophie. I'm saying dude was on records in 88-89 and beyond and it took him 6 years + to get on.

You can't say that about BIG and Pac. Pac did "Same Song". Got a deal.

BIG came up in the street and on mixtapes. He was a Source "Unsigned Hype" winner when that meant something.

Matty C, who was A+R at Loud, sent his tape to Puff. Got a deal. If Puff didn't sign him, you don't think Matty C would have?

Jay did not do these things. People thought BIG and PAC were nice out of the gate. No one thought the same of Jay.

I even said it's a credit to Jay that it took that long and he stuck with it and came up, but you're thinking and typing so irrationally that you didn't even see it.

Who cares about Private School? Dame went to one. So did I. I've also spent multiple nights in jail and been a competetive boxer. So which of those defines me in your esteemed opinion? See me in the gym and you wouldn't laugh.

Last edited:
TommyIceRocking

For someone with a screen name like that I thought you would have a better sense of hip hop.

I am truely mistaken :smh:

You should change your username to GettingJiggyWithIt

That suits you better because you're either trolling right now with the false nonsense you're spewing or you really are that naive or to young to remember how things were.

At the disrespect you're throwing to two essential pillars to hip hop :smh:

Biggie was not the undisputed King Of NYC, stop it.

Big absolutely was. Yeah he caught some flack from a couple of other rappers especially for the way he handled the East/West beef (Royal Flush, Jeru, etc) but NY'ers crowned him. Whereas Jay crowned himself and his fans, mostly outta towners, believed him.

Stress was a cool mag. But it wasn't an A list publication. There were a ton of great mags back then. Ego Trip. On The Go. etc

It wasnt even close. Mostly graff heads were up on it since Ket was the publisher or something like that. But it was cool.

Biggie was the king. U dnt kno sh*t if u think he wasn't. even his enemy said biggie was the east coast king. yea ghost dissed him but Meth was on his album an meth said rae n ghost didnt like nobody further proof bcuz whoever is #1 always has the most haters. he might of got flack for puffy bein his man and him dancin around actin ******ed but he had love. As far as jay u dnt kno for a fact he was gonna respond to Pac u sound stupid lets not talk about whos hard whos not bcuz thats too much speculation. but i kno jay damn sure wasnt respondin to the Lox when they was on his a(ss an he was quick to apologize. but it wasnt even about who's hardest it was that jays career growth woulda been stunted had Pac went off on him which was sure to happen since he already was throwin shots 
whatever, i have my opinion, you have yours.

Yeah Rae and Ghost didn't like nobody but they made a track with Nas, Fat Joe etc during that time
eyes.gif
. He got flack cuz he made r&b ish rap music, nobody love that at the time. LL Cool J got ******* too, did u hear Big L intro on the The Big Picture?

U sound like Pac stan on Youtube...he dissed just like how mobb Deep buried that ***** grave nuff said

TommyIceRocking

For someone with a screen name like that I thought you would have a better sense of hip hop.

I am truely mistaken
mean.gif

You should change your username to GettingJiggyWithIt

That suits you better because you're either trolling right now with the false nonsense you're spewing or you really are that naive or to young to remember how things were.

At the disrespect you're throwing to two essential pillars to hip hop
mean.gif
i do, i stating facts while you are lying out your ***.

dead rappers get better promotions
Dude, you're short circuiting. Are you the new Antidope?

BIG was absolutely top dog in NY.

It didn't take "longer for record companies to recognize his talents". Dude was making some weak records and there were a lot of people who weren't feeling his rapid fire delivery.

I'm not making jokes about Hawaiin Sophie. I'm saying dude was on records in 88-89 and beyond and it took him 6 years + to get on.

You can't say that about BIG and Pac. Pac did "Same Song". Got a deal.

BIG came up in the street and on mixtapes. He was a Source "Unsigned Hype" winner when that meant something.

Matty C, who was A+R at Loud, sent his tape to Puff. Got a deal. If Puff didn't sign him, you don't think Matty C would have?

Jay did not do these things. People thought BIG and PAC were nice out of the gate. No one thought the same of Jay.

I even said it's a credit to Jay that it took that long and he stuck with it and came up, but you're thinking and typing so irrationally that you didn't even see it.

Who cares about Private School? Dame went to one. So did I. I've also spent multiple nights in jail and been a competetive boxer. So which of those defines me in your esteemed opinion? See me in the gym and you wouldn't laugh.
weak tracks?

chill papi, Jay and Dame were asking for hefty contracts that is why it took them so long to get a deal. Major labels knew what he was doing was smart for him, but not for them so they didn't sign him.

then who cares if Jay-Z was in Hawiian Sophie? Don't bring up **** if your going to respond like that.

Last edited:
i'm going to stop debating cuz i know whatever i say won't change your biased minds so i just going to leave.

PEACE

I agree with Snoop 100%, but only about Big not Pac. Seems kinda obvious if you ask me. It's almost like Jay used Biggie's death as motivation to fill his spot. Kinda a way of paying homage to his homeboy.

Pac on the other hand was more of an artistic person. He loved the art of music, poetry, etc. He's my favorite because what he stood for and the content of his music. Yea he was contradicting at times but that just proves to me that he was human like everyone else and not maintaining an image. His only downfalls to me was he was probably TOO emotional at times and didn't have the hustler mentality and business mind to become his own brand. It's common knowledge that Jay had help with his business ventures from Dame, his manager (who Dame hates btw), and people like Russel Simmons. Pac had nothing but leeches around him IMO.

I feel if Pac wouldn't have passed, he would have eventually ventured into politics...

I was going to sit here and type out a long response butttt.... Both of them did Die, Jay-Z dropped a classic while both were alive that could stand up to any one of their best albums, and he's the face of RAP period in real life and not made up scenarios

So to quote the man "What We Talkin Bout"

I was going to sit here and type out a long response butttt.... Both of them did Die, Jay-Z dropped a classic while both were alive that could stand up to any one of their best albums, and he's the face of RAP period in real life and not made up scenarios

So to quote the man "What We Talkin Bout"
Reasonable Doubt ***** on any pac album and it's not even close yo.

D'Evils >>>>>>

I agree with Snoop 100%, but only about Big not Pac. Seems kinda obvious if you ask me. It's almost like Jay used Biggie's death as motivation to fill his spot. Kinda a way of paying homage to his homeboy.

Pac on the other hand was more of an artistic person. He loved the art of music, poetry, etc. He's my favorite because what he stood for and the content of his music. Yea he was contradicting at times but that just proves to me that he was human like everyone else and not maintaining an image. His only downfalls to me was he was probably TOO emotional at times and didn't have the hustler mentality and business mind to become his own brand. It's common knowledge that Jay had help with his business ventures from Dame, his manager (who Dame hates btw), and people like Russel Simmons. Pac had nothing but leeches around him IMO.

I feel if Pac wouldn't have passed, he would have eventually ventured into politics...
people would have said the same thing about Ice Cube if he got killed in 96......

Back
Top Bottom