JB Forum TABOO posts...NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION!

I personally think all talk regarding the alleged "packs" of next year should be banned unless information is confirmed. This is the worst case of hype I've EVER seen.
Team PhD.

Quote:
is the worst case of hype I've EVER seen.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

I agree with forever23, the constant nagging of "grammar police" is ridiculous. I mean it doesn't help with the forum at all. If it is written well enough to understand what the person is saying there shouldn't be a problem. And Indohan, you rarely capitilize the words at the beginning of sentences and you spelled button "botton" , but everyone knew what you meant so there is no use for 20 posts with sentence corrections. No offense to anyone, it's just really annoying :smile:
smile.gif
TeaM
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

Quote:
the constant nagging of "grammar police" is ridiculous.

Yes, I agree about the constant grammar comment. It's not necessary, but it is also annoying to constantly read comments from people who do not use punctuations. So, what I'm saying is: try to use punctuations. I don't really purposely correct one's grammar unless the sentences are really that bad or the person is mocking me.

Quote:
And Indohan, you rarely capitilize the words at the beginning of sentences and you spelled button "botton" , but everyone knew what you mean
a new sentence.

Quote:
you spelled button "botton"

Yes, that was a typing mistake. Is that really necessary? Well, let's see your mistake.

Quote:
And Indohan, you rarely capitilize the words at the beginning of sentences and you spelled button "botton" , but everyone knew what you meant so there is no use for 20 posts with sentence corrections.
a sentence with the word "And".
2) You don't leave a space after quotes.
3) You need a period or a comma in between "meant" and "so".

Was I annoying? If yes, then you shouldn't have annoyed me in the first place with your corrections and "No offense to anyone" bs.

Nobody's perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Avoid the mistakes that you know you're going to make, which is also a mistake that will make others difficult. I don't think my mistakes make others difficult. Lastly, stop annoying others if others don't annoy you.
Indohan

^Alright man I feel you. I'm just saying this happens in many posts. One person corrects a mistake and the person they correct feel a need to correct them. Normally this continues until the original topic of the post is completely forgotten. That's why I said it was annoying. I guess if the punctuation hinders others from comprehending what is trying to be communicated then a little grammar help wouldn't hurt. :wink:
wink.gif
TeaM
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

exactly..thought niketalk was for release dates and sharing opinions and just shoes with out these post.there is really no point of being a member..you can just browse and look at information

Quote:
exactly..thought niketalk was for release dates and sharing opinions and just shoes with out these post.there is really no point of being a member..you can just browse and look at information
p087.ezboard.com/fniketal...D=22.topic
Read Method Man's 5513rd post.
Quote:
If you view NT 1,000 times a day without ezsupporter, you're hurting the entire community by making it that much more difficult for us to keep this place online.
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
If you view NT 1,000 times a day without ezsupporter, you're hurting the entire community by making it that much more difficult for us to keep this place online.

Keep in mind, that post was made back when NikeTalk was DONATION supported and not AD supported.

Our current situation differs significantly in that, since ezsupporter REMOVES ads from view, our community receives no compensation whatsoever for these views. In other words, ezsupporter views neither help nor hurt NikeTalk. It's an idiotic arrangement that will soon be rectified - one way or another.

I would advise against the purchase of an ezsupporter subscription, provided NikeTalk is the only ezboard you visit. We're switching formats within the next couple of months, so you won't get your money's worth.

I Think what we should do..is not accept so many members. Or a good idea would to have a series of quizes or something like that given to all applying members..for we won't have so many kids/people with no knowledge of sneakers/Hypebeast. Thus all members will be knowledgable sneaker heads who will have posts which hold a reason to them..

^^^You gotta start somewhere.........You just need to sit back and read for a while. Being able to sign up and become a member but having to wait 3 months before you can post a topic would make better sense.

Why do you think you would pass a "quiz"?

some of yall need to grow up its bad when some one has to call you out in the thread name
HYPE PARK, CHICAGO
Looking for a PS3 60gig for 250 UNOPENED BOX, meat up only i dont care how you got it as long as the box isnt open we good to go AND im looking for a hook up on shoes so if you work at a shoe store and tryin to make a few bucks on the side send me a PM

All this talk about a useless post is kind of false. It might be a useless post for someone that has been here
a long time but for someone that is starting the experience of NT it's not. If you consider yourself an NT veteran/OG
then you should be able to filter all of the "useless" threats without a problem.
All the hate in the threats is actually what makes it fun and exciting. If everyone agreed or had the same opinion
on the topic then this forum will just be plain DULL.
On the other hand, I'm all for growth and improvement of this site. But I feel that there might be other ways to improve such as: Feedback forum for the Buying/Selling threat. Ive seen plenty people ripped off by cons due to lack of feedback. Sure they can provide refs but it can be themselves or friends in on the scheme.
We can also create a theat of all the relieable sellers and con artisits.
Just some ideas. But I commend Ijapino for the effort in improving this beloved site. A for effort.

calishoeking21

I dont think its cool to say stuff is taboo just because you have seen the topic before. I' first discovered this board in like 2002 (I had another account) and it was awesome .A place to talk to other sneakerheads and find out about upcoming releases. I wouldnt want to take that away from other younger members. Having taboo posts and other restrictions is whats going be the downfall of Niketalk. Its going to be place where you cant have any e-fun.

^asking which shirts goes good with my DTRT III isnt e-fun, its more e-horror
Taboo is good :lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

btw: sdubl: it wasnt stickied back then :b
tongue.gif
:\
ohwell.gif
Team Vintage Heat​

Never too old.​
Keeping Vintage Nike alive on Niketalk!

I could'nt agree with you more on this one. I admit I've posted alot of dumb pointless crap. (rookie mistake)
"And with the 1st pick, I made the earth sick / MJ Him Jay fade away...perfect"

ijapino,

i think that all of this is a matter of opinion. you might not think its good for the site to have all these repetitive posts but others might like it. if yousend someone to the archives to post about jordan quality or something like that, they are gonna post on page 150 of an endless thread where maybe no one elsehas posted or visited for a couple of days and there will be no discussion. so whats the point of posting??? people post (most times) to get a discussion goingor just to add their 2 cents on a topic. some old thread in archives will just be meaningless rants that no one will read. for example, if the end of a threadis page 150 and my post is on page 80, i could have answered the question or given info that was need to someone on page 150, but they wouldnt ever find itbecause who is gonna sift through 149 other pages of old crap that was posted months ago?

it sounds to me like you are wanting to get rid of post that get on your nerves. but you have to remember that in a community, there are many people. justbecause something might get on 100 peoples nerves here, the other hundreds or thousands of people here might like it or it not bother them. dont get me wrong,it drives me crazy too for people to post the same crap, but i cant just think about me. there are many people here that like those mentioned topics. itsobvious because #1 people keep creating those threads, and #2 people continue to reply to them.

what i do is, if i dont like the title, i dont go into that thread. simple. i just bypass it and go on to something i like. i feel what you are saying man, butits not right to regulate something because the minority doesnt like it. i agree with the guy a few pages back that said that there a bunch of young people onhere that love those topics and dont want to read topics with substance where us oldheads type forever like i'm doing now. you say its for the better ofthe community, but thats just an opinion. many others might like the direction the community is going in. whats better for the community should be decided bythe community, not one or two people. how about we have a vote? give like a two week period for everyone to vote on what should be done. give 3 or 4 scenariosto vote on and let niketalk decide.

but on another note, since it's obvious that you dont like those repetitive topics, i'm interested in knowing a few topics that you would like to seediscussed. maybe we can get those going.

The point is to get people to expand on their creative thinking. It's also to serve as a tool for newer members to get an idea of what's been postedbefore. That is why some of the items on the taboo list has a link to where the post should go. (Sneaker Reviews, Sneaker Showcase, posts already existing,etc...) As I mentioned before, these posts aren't exactly against the rules, but they pop up way too often. Most are by newer members who may have missedthe post which still exists a few pages back.

Trust me, it's more about posts which get on my nerves. If it was, half the forum would be locked or deleted. I agree with you that if someone doesn'tlike what they see they should just move on. But because it's my duty to moderate the forum, It's part of my responsibility to try and keep things asorganized as possible....

Originally Posted by corporateJP

I hear what you're saying, but you would nearly be shutting down the forum.

Let people sift through this on their own.
TNA The NEW Face of Professional Wrestling.

TEAM MEAN STREET We wear matching sweater vests with our shoes.

im with you dude!
smile.gif

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU BUT MAYBE SOME PEOPLE ARE MAKEN DUMB POST TO GET TO THAT 300 MARK.
I KNOW BECAUSE I DO THAT MYSELF BUT I TRY MY BEST FOR IT TO BE A GOOD TOPIC.
ALL THOUGH I HAVENT BEEN A MEMBER FOR LONG I AM NOT NEW TO NIKETALK AND IVE SEEN ALOT OF THE SAME POST OVER AND OVER FOR A WHILE NOW.

Back
Top Bottom