Jenny Hyun responds to Mayweather's "Lin tweet"

Originally Posted by melofan15

so easy to act tough on a computer
30t6p3b.gif

the ignorance in those tweets was overwhelming

She wouldn't dare say that @#+* in real life

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I mean what else can we ask for? Her life is ruined, her name scarred, her career affected, etc.
Damn, I wanted to sign the petition but it's closed. This is worse than Mel Gibson's rant...

on this note, how does this do Mel still have a career? (making movies, acting, etc.)
and the irony of her getting blacklisted is so...fitting 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i really wish everyone would hop off jeremy lin's d
30t6p3b.gif

its nothing against him ,i just hate people who ride the band wagon
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Don't really know this lady and don't think her actions are right, but these responses in here prove to me how immature most of our society is. Responses like " I know what Floyd did was wrong, but this is way worse". This is like when we were children and your parents asked you why you did something wrong, and you respond because they did it first .... doens't make it right. The whole thing is wrong, unfortunately we are looking at two very ignorant people, where no one is right and no one is making the situation better.

How would you make this situation better? She advocated for a genocide. The outburst was so outlandish that it doesn't even serve as a teachable moment.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

I mean what else can we ask for? Her life is ruined, her name scarred, her career affected, etc.
Damn, I wanted to sign the petition but it's closed. This is worse than Mel Gibson's rant...

on this note, how does this do Mel still have a career? (making movies, acting, etc.)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mel's career isnt what it used to be. besides the Beaver( given to him by his friend Jodie Foster) and edge of darkness, he really hasnt done much since b4 the rants.

Don't really know this lady and don't think her actions are right, but these responses in here prove to me how immature most of our society is. Responses like " I know what Floyd did was wrong, but this is way worse". This is like when we were children and your parents asked you why you did something wrong, and you respond because they did it first .... doens't make it right. The whole thing is wrong, unfortunately we are looking at two very ignorant people, where no one is right and no one is making the situation better.
how can you even compare the two?

one guy says a something thats controversial but also somewhat true...lets face it him being asian does make the story bigger.

a chick goes on a twitter rant saying how the entire black race should be eradicated...ERADICATED 

For you to even say what you just said makes me wonder about your own outlook and maturity level.  Floyd  didn't disrespect asians...he downplayed Jeremy Lin's ability to play basketball and him deserving praise.  Wake up.

never heard of her. how is this any different from a non famous asian saying these things?

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by RetroSan

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mel's career isnt what it used to be. besides the Beaver( given to him by his friend Jodie Foster) and edge of darkness, and apocaltyo (sp?) he really hasnt done much since b4 the rants.

fixed.
but thats the thing, he still has the ability star in/produce movies. why wasn't he blacklisted?

or was they like "he's braveheart tho" and let it go

How would you make this situation better? She advocated for a genocide. The outburst was so outlandish that it doesn't even serve as a teachable moment.
I will just assume you didn't read my whole post, but its ok. There is no good to take away from this situation, the only thing that I can do as a person is continue to be positive, and also be aware that there is people in the World like Floyd and Hyun ...

Originally Posted by MonStar1

one guy says a something thats controversial but also somewhat true...lets face it him being asian does make the story bigger.

a chick goes on a twitter rant saying how the entire black race should be eradicated...ERADICATED 

For you to even say what you just said makes me wonder about your own outlook and maturity level.  Floyd  didn't disrespect asians...he downplayed Jeremy Lin's ability to play basketball and him deserving praise.  Wake up.

Compare ... wrong = wrong .... comparison done, although I feel what Floyd said was infused with hatred/racism, I respect that you may not everyone has a different tolerism, but this isn't his first incident at making comments towards the Asian community.

Compare ... wrong = wrong .... comparison done, although I feel what Floyd said was infused with hatred/racism, I respect that you may not everyone has a different tolerism, but this isn't his first incident at making comments towards the Asian community.
Ah yes, so Jenny Hyuns response gets a pass, because after all, what Floyd said insinuated pure hatred/racism to the Asian community..  Dude, shut up.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Ah yes, so Jenny Hyuns response gets a pass, because after all, what Floyd said insinuated pure hatred/racism to the Asian community..  Dude, shut up.

Pass ... where did I give a "pass" ? Again my friend reading is fundamental, I said she is wrong. 
alien.gif

For you to even say what you just said makes me wonder about your own outlook and maturity level.  Floyd  didn't disrespect asians...he downplayed Jeremy Lin's ability to play basketball and him deserving praise  Wake up.

First thing Floyd said was that Lin was a good player.

Originally Posted by AEA18

For you to even say what you just said makes me wonder about your own outlook and maturity level.  Floyd  didn't disrespect asians...he downplayed Jeremy Lin's ability to play basketball and him deserving praise  Wake up.

First thing Floyd said was that Lin was a good player.

but he did say he didn't deserve all the praise...and the only reason he was getting it was because he was asian.  Nothing really that horrible but it just sounded bad.

Think of the backlash if a black Singer went in in an Asian person...

She congratulated the D though...

Glass half full, fambs.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll preface what I'm going to say by mentioning that Floyd is an absolute FOOL. That being said, he's no dummy. Let's remember...this guy is a SHAMELESS self-promoter. Jeremy Lin is the biggest story in sports right now, and somehow Floyd Mayweather got his name on everyone's mind due to what he said. This guy is doing nothing but trying to drive up the purse for his fight vs. Pacquiao. Disparaging comments that further draw the ire of Asians is a well-calculated move on Floyd's part, IMO. Doesn't make what he said right, but I have to think that his goal was to piss off as many Asians as he can to gain more viewers (which fattens HIS pockets) for the uber-hyped, Mayweater/Pacquiao fight. If this fight goes down, more people (Asians) will be tuned in with the hopes that he gets his *+$ beat. Floyd has the cable rights, fight rights, etc for this bout w. Pacman....the more people tuned in, the better for him. He says stuff to promote himself. Whether he's right or wrong, people will be watching. He'll keep trolling in the months, weeks, days leading up to his fight and he'll keep ruffling feathers. This is what he wants.

Bottom line:

Mayweather is an idiot and this lady is a mentally imbalanced racist.

Did anyone look at the blog? She posted " I regret nothing" before having the mental break down and being "admitted"
grin.gif
. Mayweather was wrong and has a history with this but it felt like she was holding that one in for YEARS. The amount of anger and hate in those tweets are on a level I've personally never seen before.

yeah, what Floyd said was stupid, but it wasn't racist...like dude above me said, she's been holding onto that one for years...at least she know we got big !!%$+ 
pimp.gif

real talk, she probably got played by some black dude and decided to take it out on the whole race...whatever

and yeah, not to stir nothing, but it's been know that older generation asians ain't to big on black people so it's no surprise that a few from our generation have carried on that baggage...

Back
Top Bottom