Jhene Aiko - Sailing Soul(s) Mixtape

laugh.gif
She can actually sing.

That little baby whispery **** Jhene does is cool on an MP3 but that's where it ends.

^Agreed, I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by her singing :lol:

Sailing Souls had a couple good songs (mainly carried by the production) but most of it was hit or miss. Her new stuff is the same way, can't listen to her repetitive-sounding music for too long

Listening to Sail Out right now and man its too smooth..........such a beautiful voice. Im feelin this.
I see she got an album "Souled Out" droppin in 2014

Last edited:
eehhhh

I'm in the minority but I don't dig this whiny emo R&B that's hot right now---Drake, Weekend, and I guess now her? I can't quite categorize it but I'm just not into it. Granted she got a track or two I mess with (that one about gettin' high and the ******g and needing space :lol: ) but that's really it.

She cool on hooks , but that's where it stops IMO. I'll continue to listen to Janelle Monae until Jill Scott or Beyonce come out with something (yes I realize they are worlds apart but still )

eehhhh

I'm in the minority but I don't dig this whiny emo R&B that's hot right now---Drake, Weekend, and I guess now her? I can't quite categorize it but I'm just not into it. Granted she got a track or two I mess with (that one about gettin' high and the ******g and needing space :lol: ) but that's really it.

She cool on hooks , but that's where it stops IMO. I'll continue to listen to Janelle Monae until Jill Scott or Beyonce come out with something (yes I realize they are worlds apart but still )
I feel the same way.

Janelle Monae >>>> Jhene

^ janelle dropped one the better albums of the year like two months ago

jhene is cool but to me, shes all production and ambiance... her voice is a part of that, true, but her singing doesn't impress me at all. weeknd at least impresses me with his vocals and phrasing

Why are Jhene and Janelle even being compared? Totally different sounds and Jhene hasn't put out a official LP yet

Last edited:
Why are Jhene and Janelle even being compared? Totally different sounds and Jhene hasn't put out a official LP yet

female R&B that came out around the same time--- for me, I'm not going to stop listening to Janelle in order to liten to Jhene.

Like I said, I dig her on hooks---but that's where is stops. I couldn't do a fully LP from her. Solange? Yea. Cuz she be SANGIN'. I like for my R&B singers to actually---well, sing :lol:

See you not rocking with it because you looking at it as R&B but it's far from it. Keep it mind they would categorize Rihanna as R&B. Would you consider Janelle and Rih in the same category?

Rih is obviously pop..... soooooo I don't know if that's the best comparison.

But a good album is a good album--- regardless of genre. I compared her to Janelle because at the current moment I listened to Janelle heavy, and I wasn't going to STOP listening to it heavy in favor of Jhene. Even tho I've given Janelle a break I'm still not inclined to listen to Jhene. Like I said, that style of r&b, singing, whatever u wanna call it ain't for me.

Give me Quadron, hell even give me Lorde... but I'm good on Jhene (beyond her singing hooks for TDE artists)

Back
Top Bottom