Jim Harbaugh to accept 5 year $25 million offer from the 49ers

Home: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis, N.Y. Jets, Arizona, San Francisco

2 young coaching brothers. 2 young teams. 2 52s in the defensive side.

sounds like a heck of a game with storylines
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

McNabb will command too much money, and will probably want some sort of committment after his fiasco in Washington.  Kevin Kolb will require compensation in the form of draft picks.  Vince Young, oh hell nah, Harbaugh will eat this mental ****** alive.

Who else is available?
I actually agree with all of this.

And I also think Matt would be a good choice. Back in Cali...
nerd.gif

McNabb will command too much money, and will probably want some sort of committment after his fiasco in Washington.  Kevin Kolb will require compensation in the form of draft picks.  Vince Young, oh hell nah, Harbaugh will eat this mental ****** alive.

Who else is available?
I actually agree with all of this.

And I also think Matt would be a good choice. Back in Cali...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Why would Luck stay now?  Remember Brian Brohm?

He is staying, no doubt about it. Harbaugh is an idiot for this one, turning down more money from Stanford.
Come on Andrew, you're smarter than that...Harbaugh's no idiot, the timing for everything was absolutely perfect, for all parties involved.

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Why would Luck stay now?  Remember Brian Brohm?

He is staying, no doubt about it. Harbaugh is an idiot for this one, turning down more money from Stanford.
Come on Andrew, you're smarter than that...Harbaugh's no idiot, the timing for everything was absolutely perfect, for all parties involved.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Thought Stanford was for smart people. Got the QB turning down like $60 million and the head coach turning down $7.5 million annually for $5 million.

This CBA expires after this season. So whatever CBA is created will be implemented heading into the draft. Most likely a rookie pay scale will he part of the CBA so none of the rookies from this class and here on out are seeing those ridiculous contracts that we're used to seeing. I'm pretty sure Luck knows this, he's no fool.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Thought Stanford was for smart people. Got the QB turning down like $60 million and the head coach turning down $7.5 million annually for $5 million.

This CBA expires after this season. So whatever CBA is created will be implemented heading into the draft. Most likely a rookie pay scale will he part of the CBA so none of the rookies from this class and here on out are seeing those ridiculous contracts that we're used to seeing. I'm pretty sure Luck knows this, he's no fool.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

###% Matt Lein-no heart. Rather get Kolb or McNabb
pimp.gif
There's a little homer in my suggestion, but it also makes the most fiscal sense.

Like I said, McNabb will not be cheap, and he is no longer a QB you can build your franchise around due to his age.  He would be an expensive placeholder.  Kolb will cost some picks, if you are trying to fill holes, you don't want to give those up.

Do you want to get the franchise QB in the Mallet/Gabbert/Newton draft of 2011 or the Luck/Barkley draft of 2012?  I say 2012.

Leinart is cheap, if he doesn't pan out,  you dump him after 2011 and go all in for Luck/Barkley in the 2012 NFL Draft.

[table][tr][td]Passing Stats[/td][/tr][tr][td]YEAR[/td][td]TEAM[/td][td]G[/td][td]CMP[/td][td]ATT[/td][td]PCT[/td][td]YDS[/td][td]AVG[/td][td]TD[/td][td]LNG[/td][td]INT[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]RAT[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]12[/td][td]214[/td][td]377[/td][td]56.8[/td][td]2547[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]11[/td][td]58[/td][td]12[/td][td]4[/td][td]74.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]5[/td][td]60[/td][td]112[/td][td]53.6[/td][td]647[/td][td]5.8[/td][td]2[/td][td]40[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]61.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]4[/td][td]15[/td][td]29[/td][td]51.7[/td][td]264[/td][td]9.1[/td][td]1[/td][td]78[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]80.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]8[/td][td]51[/td][td]77[/td][td]66.2[/td][td]435[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]0[/td][td]28[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]64.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td]29[/td][td]340[/td][td]595[/td][td]57.1[/td][td]3893[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]14[/td][td]78[/td][td]20[/td][td]6[/td][td]70.8[/td][/tr][/table]

pimp.gif
There's a little homer in my suggestion, but it also makes the most fiscal sense.

Like I said, McNabb will not be cheap, and he is no longer a QB you can build your franchise around due to his age.  He would be an expensive placeholder.  Kolb will cost some picks, if you are trying to fill holes, you don't want to give those up.

Do you want to get the franchise QB in the Mallet/Gabbert/Newton draft of 2011 or the Luck/Barkley draft of 2012?  I say 2012.

Leinart is cheap, if he doesn't pan out,  you dump him after 2011 and go all in for Luck/Barkley in the 2012 NFL Draft.

[table][tr][td]Passing Stats[/td][/tr][tr][td]YEAR[/td][td]TEAM[/td][td]G[/td][td]CMP[/td][td]ATT[/td][td]PCT[/td][td]YDS[/td][td]AVG[/td][td]TD[/td][td]LNG[/td][td]INT[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]RAT[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]12[/td][td]214[/td][td]377[/td][td]56.8[/td][td]2547[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]11[/td][td]58[/td][td]12[/td][td]4[/td][td]74.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]5[/td][td]60[/td][td]112[/td][td]53.6[/td][td]647[/td][td]5.8[/td][td]2[/td][td]40[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]61.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]4[/td][td]15[/td][td]29[/td][td]51.7[/td][td]264[/td][td]9.1[/td][td]1[/td][td]78[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]80.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]8[/td][td]51[/td][td]77[/td][td]66.2[/td][td]435[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]0[/td][td]28[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]64.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td]29[/td][td]340[/td][td]595[/td][td]57.1[/td][td]3893[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]14[/td][td]78[/td][td]20[/td][td]6[/td][td]70.8[/td][/tr][/table]

pimp.gif

Good idea in theory but getting Matt Leinart and keeping David Carr sends a big FU to the fan base and already pisses off an already pissed off fanbase with little support for a new stadium and season ticket renewals.

My feeling is the 49ers will draft a QB this year to try to placate the fan base and give them hope that they are going the right direction, to increase hype and fanfare.

If the Niners get a placeholder try to get Marc Bulger some other QB that is decent, not an obvious bust like Matt Leinart. 

pimp.gif

Good idea in theory but getting Matt Leinart and keeping David Carr sends a big FU to the fan base and already pisses off an already pissed off fanbase with little support for a new stadium and season ticket renewals.

My feeling is the 49ers will draft a QB this year to try to placate the fan base and give them hope that they are going the right direction, to increase hype and fanfare.

If the Niners get a placeholder try to get Marc Bulger some other QB that is decent, not an obvious bust like Matt Leinart. 

I think getting Harbaugh will buy one year, and I'm sure the sales dept will have a surge in renewals with the hire.  I just don't see a solid franchise QB in this draft.

The lack of support for a new stadium has nothing to do with the fanbase.  I don't think we will see a new publicly financed stadium built in the state of California...ever.  The two recent stadiums built in this state (Staples and AT&T) were privately financed.  The new proposed LA football stadiums will be privately financed.  I don't think Leinart is going to affect that, either way.

That's what did us in with Alex Smith in 2005.  Matt Leinart was the surefire #1 pick just like Andrew Luck.  He decided to stay in college just like Andrew Luck.  The Niners decided to take Alex Smith,
sick.gif
.  Sure, you can point out that Aaron Rodgers got drafted late in the first round by the Packers.  Rodgers had the benefit of sitting behind Favre for three years.

The best thing they could do is hold off and draft a QB next year.  Who do you draft?  Gabbert is coming from a spread offense.  Mallet, not convinced.  Newton, still raw.  All of them are projects, none of them are polished.
I would rather get the guy who still has a chance than a guy who is clearly washed up.  Leinart had a decent rookie year, then fell off due to his lack of work ethic and lost his job to some guy named Kurt Warner.  He's learned from that, worth a shot.  Low risk (cheap), high reward.

I think getting Harbaugh will buy one year, and I'm sure the sales dept will have a surge in renewals with the hire.  I just don't see a solid franchise QB in this draft.

The lack of support for a new stadium has nothing to do with the fanbase.  I don't think we will see a new publicly financed stadium built in the state of California...ever.  The two recent stadiums built in this state (Staples and AT&T) were privately financed.  The new proposed LA football stadiums will be privately financed.  I don't think Leinart is going to affect that, either way.

That's what did us in with Alex Smith in 2005.  Matt Leinart was the surefire #1 pick just like Andrew Luck.  He decided to stay in college just like Andrew Luck.  The Niners decided to take Alex Smith,
sick.gif
.  Sure, you can point out that Aaron Rodgers got drafted late in the first round by the Packers.  Rodgers had the benefit of sitting behind Favre for three years.

The best thing they could do is hold off and draft a QB next year.  Who do you draft?  Gabbert is coming from a spread offense.  Mallet, not convinced.  Newton, still raw.  All of them are projects, none of them are polished.
I would rather get the guy who still has a chance than a guy who is clearly washed up.  Leinart had a decent rookie year, then fell off due to his lack of work ethic and lost his job to some guy named Kurt Warner.  He's learned from that, worth a shot.  Low risk (cheap), high reward.

Kevin Kolb is perfect for a coach like Harbaugh, he is going to be a good QB in this league, best thing that happened was the concussion in week 1 which stopped him from dying behind our O line

I'd rather give up a 2nd round pick for Kolb than possibly blow a high first rounder on Cam Newton, 2 months ago Cam was projected as a 2nd day draft pick who was a project QB (which he still is going to be)

look at the history of one good year draft picks

Akili Smith anyone? Alex Smith?

Kevin Kolb is perfect for a coach like Harbaugh, he is going to be a good QB in this league, best thing that happened was the concussion in week 1 which stopped him from dying behind our O line

I'd rather give up a 2nd round pick for Kolb than possibly blow a high first rounder on Cam Newton, 2 months ago Cam was projected as a 2nd day draft pick who was a project QB (which he still is going to be)

look at the history of one good year draft picks

Akili Smith anyone? Alex Smith?

Back
Top Bottom