Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

So if this company ends up hiring you, they'll have to do a background check, correct?

What happens when the info doesn't line up?

Last edited:

So if this company ends up hiring you, they'll have to do a background check, correct?

Yeah, that's what made me skeptical. It wasn't like he suggested I switch one key word for a another. He asked me to lie on my resume, which I thought was really weird.

Yeah, that's what made me skeptical. It wasn't like he suggested I switch one key word for a another. He asked me to lie on my resume, which I thought was really weird.
Dude is desperate for that $$$.

There are many recruiters out there. Don't waste your time with this one.

That's sketchy but what I will say is that most people's resume has lies/embellishments on it. If you don't you're pretty much playing behind the 8 ball.

Last edited:
I'm moving in two months should I let my current gig know now or wait until it gets closer? Only reason I ask is because they are training me to take on a new role that I have no interest in at all and don't want to have them train me just got leave.

I'm moving in two months should I let my current gig know now or wait until it gets closer? Only reason I ask is because they are training me to take on a new role that I have no interest in at all and don't want to have them train me just got leave.
the right thing would be to tell them , but if they treated you grimy then ...........

guys im a transitioning vet and i've always wondered how certain things in civilian world works......do these employers nowadays expect you to hit the ground running / learn on the fly or is there some kind OJT/shadowing beforehand?

reason i ask, some jobs out there I have experience with the tasks with but never did them in depth, but a little training and i could be gucci

guys im a transitioning vet and i've always wondered how certain things in civilian world works......do these employers nowadays expect you to hit the ground running / learn on the fly or is there some kind OJT/shadowing beforehand?

reason i ask, some jobs out there I have experience with the tasks with but never did them in depth, but a little training and i could be gucci
The guy who is my counterpart on my team at work is a marine, I'll ask him for some in depth detail later but everywhere I've worked/people I know that have spoken about their work experience has gotten some sort of training.

Trial by fire is also training, and no one will expect you to be perfect from day one.

Im ready to start job hunting but it will bw tough to find something better than what i have now. But im over night shift

I'm ready to move cross country to Cali without job lined up. Several jobs there have reached out to me but want someone who can start right away. Any tips?

I'm ready to move cross country to Cali without job lined up. Several jobs there have reached out to me but want someone who can start right away. Any tips?
Why take the risk when you have nothing locked down?

How're you gonna pay for expenses, rent, etc.?

Just take the job they have lined up with you and move immediately. You don't have to tell them every detail just make it happen. Airbnb or hotel your place to stay till you have a lease or something locked in. If you really want to make that move you'll make it happen by any cost.

I'll consider transferring to a GNC store out there since I'm currently a manager. Mapping out my expenses and budget; plan on subletting a place to get by.

Why take the risk when you have nothing locked down?

How're you gonna pay for expenses, rent, etc.?

Last edited:
got a contract offer for a position in qatar.....$70k including 30 days paid leave with furnished apartment and car provided, possibly tax free

tempting and ive been all over the world but i dunno if i wanna live in the middle east tho

got a contract offer for a position in qatar.....$70k including 30 days paid leave with furnished apartment and car provided, possibly tax free

tempting and ive been all over the world but i dunno if i wanna live in the middle east tho

I remember I got an offer in Qatar once and turned it down. big mistake now I wish I could of went..take it

Whats this position for if I may ask?

About to be let go from my job at the end of this month. Thinking of traveling for a bit before working again.

Back
Top Bottom