Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Update: In regards to the job opening in VA...I spoke with the regional manager today and basically had a phone interview without any preparation.

Heard what the salary was and plan to negotiate if they decide to move forward with me.

What's the cost of living in the VA/DC area?

Job is in Fairfax.

Job is in Fairfax.
expensive, very expensive, and even more expensive the closer one gets to dc on the VA side...

fairfax is about 16 miles southwest of the city and is very expensive itself...

I believe I recommended Manssas (roughly 14 miles southwest of Fairfax) or Woodbridge, VA (roughly 20-something miles southeast), both in Prince William County, VA...both quiet suburban-type places with not much to do, good for families...

best of luck...

Last edited:
Update: In regards to the job opening in VA...I spoke with the regional manager today and basically had a phone interview without any preparation.

Heard what the salary was and plan to negotiate if they decide to move forward with me.

Job is in Fairfax.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

expensive, very expensive, and even more expensive the closer one gets to dc on the VA side...

fairfax is about 16 miles southwest of the city and is very expensive itself...

I believe I recommended Manssas (roughly 14 miles southwest of Fairfax) or Woodbridge, VA (roughly 20-something miles southeast), both in Prince William County, VA...both quiet suburban-type places with not much to do, good for families...

best of luck...
Word, I've been looking at rent prices in Manassas and Woodbridge and it doesn't seem too bad.

But for sure Fairfax and some of the cities north of Fairfax is a little too pricey.

smokin.gif
 Nice dude. I hope later on next week you update us with you are moving to the DMV in Mid July-August .

Hey guys this is a real question do yall lie on your resumes?

Embellish? Yes. If you want to say you saved a company 25-30% by doing something, as long as you can back it up with logic, no problem.
But a straight up lie, as in make up the school you went to, where you worked? Not worth it.

Man what would y'all have done? I'm in a full-time position and the company I work for is short staffed like only 3 people and that includes me. So i'm always at work, short lunch and all, and pay is not all that . I got a call today  around 4 from a potential job with more money but they asked if I could come to an interview at 3 tomorrow. The place is an hr away with traffic included. My job doesn't close till 5. I have no type of flexibility. What would you have done?

Man what would y'all have done? I'm in a full-time position and the company I work for is short staffed like only 3 people and that includes me. So i'm always at work, short lunch and all, and pay is not all that . I got a call today  around 4 from a potential job with more money but they asked if I could come to an interview at 3 tomorrow. The place is an hr away with traffic included. My job doesn't close till 5. I have no type of flexibility. What would you have done?
Tough situation, but how's your current standing at your job?

My usual excuse if I need to go interview = family emergency, doctor's appointment, etc.

Don't worry about it. Keep working hard at your current job and continue applying for other gigs when you're home (don't do this at work).

Last edited:
I lied all the time when I was interviewing. It's your only option. Say "family emergency" no one dcdfever questions it.

My usual excuse if I need to go interview = family emergency, doctor's appointment, etc.

Don't worry about it. Keep working hard at your current job and continue applying for other gigs when you're home (don't do this at work).
I'm in good standing, but i feel like if i pull tge "i can't come in family emergency etc." That standing will diminish and I can't risk losing this job at the moment without a back up plan.

I'm in good standing, but i feel like if i pull tge "i can't come in family emergency etc." That standing will diminish and I can't risk losing this job at the moment without a back up plan.
Applying it to your situation (interview is later on in the day), it should work out fine.

If you're looking to get a better job, how exactly are you gonna get one without going to interview in person? That doesn't happen, fam.

You don't have personal days or vacation time? Since your company is short-staffed and needs you, they should be more than happy to oblige if you need to leave a few hours early for a "family emergency."

Last edited:
checking in:

Still have not found a job.

Gf found a job that she doesn't start until July 7th

Rent is due this Sat

I have $39.46 to my name, gf has less than that

If I don't find anything by the end of this week I'm applying to retail jobs.

pray for us

checking in:

Still have not found a job.
Gf found a job that she doesn't start until July 7th
Rent is due this Sat
I have $39.46 to my name, gf has less than that

If I don't find anything by the end of this week I'm applying to retail jobs.

pray for us

Where do you live??? SOCAL??

I be on the fence about cover letters. Are they really helpful with landing you a career?
Opinions vary but my personal take is, how can it hurt?

It's a chance to display your writing skills and could be the deciding factor between you and the competition. If it's a job you really want then submit a cover letter whether the posting asks for one or not. A sincere one too. Not some BS template letter.

i can help with resumes and cover letters. email me [email protected].

as far as lying on a resume....

i literally have no idea how to lie on a resume.....and people tell me EVERYONE does this ALL the time....

like, length of time worked? how do you lie about what you did? just make it sound better?

makes no sense to me.

but, hey, HR people are ******ed, so if you can fool them for profit, more power to you.

What sites do you guys use for a job search. I'll be attending grad school in the fall and relocating, would like to get a job in my new market.

What sites do you guys use for a job search. I'll be attending grad school in the fall and relocating, would like to get a job in my new market.
I pretty much strictly used indeed and would sprinkle some other sites in there. Indeed is spam free though from my experience, no bs job postings.

Literally have $17 in my bank account. My current job isn't cutting it anymore after paying bills and what not. I just signed up for Uber right now, and looking for something else here in the chicagoland area.

Pray for me.

Back
Top Bottom