Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Back from the interview with the post office. There were 50 other people. Went over applications as a group then postal employee went of them with each person. Then interview with a post master. The post master from the city I want to work in just so happen to be there. I spoke with him maybe 5 minutes he didn't ask me any interview questions at all besides tell me about yourself. Said he is recommending me for the city carrier assistant position pending a drug test/background check. 
pimp.gif

Do it, after going there today and meeting with them it seems like a great place if you want stability. I asked about the career path, the women whom checked my paperwork said they've been hiring 200 a month and she knows someone whom hired in Nov last year an was on as a career in Dec of last year. And the opportunities are endless. If you do not want to be a city carrier they have opportunities within like IT/Marketing/Operations/Postal police those jobs they hire within. I plan on trying to get into IT or Postal Police possibly in the future but who knows. 

Just apply, it is a long app. Take the assessment, strongly agree or disagree no in the middle answers. Take your 473 exam score above 70% then submit your application. If you have any questions feel free to DM me. 
ok will do. Appreciate the willingness to help! Repped!

New York corrections is hiring if you there. My friend is working as a co and making easy 100k a year and there's ot all the time, could make another 50k on ot.

New York corrections is hiring if you there. My friend is working as a co and making easy 100k a year and there's ot all the time, could make another 50k on ot.

You gotta be able to stay for a few years to get top pay. I personally couldn't do it. The money may be great, but 60-70+ hours a week watching inmates in a jail cell will drive me mad. I don't think you can really deny ot shifts until you've had years on your belt.

I've gotten interviews from Linkedin

You gotta be able to stay for a few years to get top pay. I personally couldn't do it. The money may be great, but 60-70+ hours a week watching inmates in a jail cell will drive me mad. I don't think you can really deny ot shifts until you've had years on your belt.

The post office us where it's at. There's something I'm not sure if it's a law or done rule but you cannot be laid off, double check on that though.

Good news my brothers! Went in for an interview yest and got a call today with an offer. The HR rep sent me a link to fill out so they can run a background check and everything will be a go!

Im here filling out the background check and have a question. I did some temp work for about a year thru an agency. They assigned me to a company where Ive been the entire time I was at the agency. In the background check would I submit the name of the Temp Agency, or the organization that I was working with?

Congrats..sorry just read this..the temp agency

So state jobs is where it's at?

It's hit or miss like any where else. Some state gigs are nice, others aren't. Just all the depends on what you're doing, why you're doing it and what your outlook is as a whole.

States jobs usually have tighter budgets and salary increases are few and far between. The best way to increase pay is to apply within for another position. Private sectors are more likely to be more generous and flexible in how they distribute pay. Whether they do it or not is a different story.

Last edited:
Thanks to advice in this thread I got an interview/Skill testing tomorrow 
smokin.gif

Kinda weird that it's on a saturday especially since its with the government, hoping it goes well

Just had my first exposure to management consulting with a small firm...interviewed for a new contract they just won from the govmint...got my *** handed to me by the project manager on the technical portion...she was like "what exactly is it you do?" Had me like

Def a learning experience

Last edited:
Some of my worst interviews were straight out of school. Thought I was entitled to a job cause I had a degree. Had a consulting interview that wasn't finished.

Just had my first exposure to management consulting with a small firm...interviewed for a new contract they just won from the govmint...got my *** handed to me by the project manager on the technical portion...she was like "what exactly is it you do?" Had me like

Def a learning experience
Dude I know that feeling, this happened to me for a consulting job for a software company. They tried to make me look like a fool, it was very unprofessional, my nerves got the best of me that time. I usually do very well at interviews but from the way it went I feel like they'll have a hard time finding anyone for that position because who wants to work with people like that.
laugh.gif

what do you guys use as your go to when your asked about your weaknesses / strengths ? always interested in what different people use 

Got an interview coming up on the 31st for an electricians apprenticeship.
I had one previously with another Union but only scored a 75% on the interview which isn't good at all.

Been going over some scenario questions to better prepare myself for this one coming up.

what do you guys use as your go to when your asked about your weaknesses / strengths ? always interested in what different people use 
Weaknesses should always be strengths spun into positives, like you're the kind of person who wants to make sure something is done right so you will go over it multiple times even if it annoys your peers

I usually give an honest answer  like co-workers describe me as quite and introverted or something, but always told them that I recognized the problem, and explained what I did to fix it.

Last edited:
Finished up my first week at the new gig. Graduated three years ago and FiINALLY got my first full time gig at one of the top media conglomerates out there. Also got a pre employment screening with the NYC MTA for a train conductor pos I had taken a test for back in 2008. I'm not sure if I want to go that route but I will follow through with the process just in case. It's been rough and I just want you guys to know that your opportunity will come one day through PATIENCE and PERSISTENCE..

Definitely trying to find another engineering gig in Houston. This current project sucks and they have me doing extra things I am not even supposed to be doing.

*makes resume public*

Last edited:
Congrats to the people making it happen out there! Trying to do the same in the DMV. Probably will make my resume public also and switch it up, it's about that time. I need a new gig with better hours, 4 years is too much time at one gig Imo!

Learning coding on the side is definitely a task. Wish there was an affordable bootcamp in the area.

Back
Top Bottom