Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Home depot is funny, I was looking for 2 part time since i have alot of time one my hands. plus im about this paper.

i get a email from them saying this.

"Congratulations! You have been selected to move forward in the staffing process at The Home Depot. We would like you to complete an online screening for an open SALES ASSOCIATE position. Please click here to begin the screening process. "

then i after answering all the questions on the webpage i get this

"We do not have any additional questions for you at this time. This location is not currently conducting additional interviews but you may be contacted within the next 7 days if the store continues with the staffing process. After that, you may also be contacted about a different store or position."

smh, @ them trying to fill a hiring process quota. Stop wasting people time. smh.

Home depot is funny, I was looking for 2 part time since i have alot of time one my hands. plus im about this paper.

i get a email from them saying this.

"Congratulations! You have been selected to move forward in the staffing process at The Home Depot. We would like you to complete an online screening for an open SALES ASSOCIATE position. Please click here to begin the screening process. "

then i after answering all the questions on the webpage i get this

"We do not have any additional questions for you at this time. This location is not currently conducting additional interviews but you may be contacted within the next 7 days if the store continues with the staffing process. After that, you may also be contacted about a different store or position."

smh, @ them trying to fill a hiring process quota. Stop wasting people time. smh.
messed up that mandatory they have to put up the job posting when they arent even planning on hiring a random person wasting everyones time on those long A** online applications...it will most likely be an employee recommendation or family friend

messed up that mandatory they have to put up the job posting when they arent even planning on hiring a random person wasting everyones time on those long A** online applications...it will most likely be an employee recommendation or family friend

facts man, is nepotism illegal in the workforce?

everytime someone tells me they "Aunt/uncle help them get this job i give them the >D" so you to lazy to go and find a job yourself you want the easy route. this be full grown adults too. Don't get me wrong the job market is super competitive. Bu corporations shouldn't waste peoples time like this. its uncalled for and unfair.

I'm gonna disagree with you there. Everyone hates nepotism until they're the beneficiary of it. Being a good employee for a long period of time should get you the political capital to bring someone in.

It's not like that person doesn't also have to perform and when you recommend someone you're also putting your rep on the line.

I say this while having lost a job to me nepotism in the past.

Nothing "easy" about it either.

Applying to these startup jobs
I'm a damn stranger to all of this stuff, coming from a finance background

:rofl:

I just went that route. What do you do in finance and what are you trying to do at a startup?

I stuck with what I already knew to get my foot in the door. Went from a senior in public accounting to a revenue analyst at a Series E startup. Learning a lot now but definitely want to get out of accounting after another 2 years of this.

Got the job with Google :pimp: $22/hr starts on the 29th. That uber grind is cool but not good for daily use. Good to know those days are numbered.

Has anyone ever applied for a state job? That entire process seems soooo long and tedious, from the 4 paragraph long vague description to all of the other necessary requirements. I get exhausted just looking at it.

Aye, don't really post much on the forums let alone In this thread but just wanted to tell somone that I just recently got a job at Pepsi making 20.23 an hour.

After being out of work since early November after getting fired from this cable company down in Florida I've finally got a decent paying job and I'm hella excited to rack up some bread

Congrats to both of ya!

I need a job like that, this $10/hr ain't cutting it. How can a young breh with no degree get put on? :emoji_eyes:

Congrats to both of ya!

I need a job like that, this $10/hr ain't cutting it. How can a young breh with no degree get put on? :emoji_eyes:

Get a certification, which im doing right now studying for the Comptia A+, Network + & Security + , I already have college credits from my old school but due to health reasons i couldn't finish my degree. i do have experience in the IT field. So if you wanna get your feet wet in the IT world start with the A+ and network+. This is my route and path im creating doesn't me will work for you, but try.

During an interview what are some answers you guys use when asked about your stengths or weaknesses in the workplace?

During an interview what are some answers you guys use when asked about your stengths or weaknesses in the workplace?
always give a strength and weakness with an example as to how it relates to the employer ur applying to me example below:
strength- being a people person
example-being a people person helps me interact well with others; and work well when it comes to working in a group. i find it hard for ppl to dislike me in the workplace. i treat everyone with respect.

weakness- too hard on myself
example- i can sometimes be too hard on myself when i am assigned a project i tend to look at the details and make sure i have everything correct before i hand in to my supervisor. It can be a little time consuming but i know i am giving my best work to my supervisor and making sure my info is accurate

So I interviewed with this company back in July...killed the interview they asked me when I could start and things like that but never formally offered me a role. I took my l and moved on but I just got invited to do the assessment for the same company but a different department...should I even waste my time

So I interviewed with this company back in July...killed the interview they asked me when I could start and things like that but never formally offered me a role. I took my l and moved on but I just got invited to do the assessment for the same company but a different department...should I even waste my time

1) Are you working somewhere else now?
2) What is the downside of seeing what the new opportunity is all about?

Go take the assessment, but if notice it’s a waste of time. Finish it than dont dwell on thier slow process.

I’ve had this happen to me many times.

1. Yes

2. The only down side is I interviewed with the company back in July and they said I was we still in it for the longest but it never came to be for some reason

I’m currently in sales and my gig is cool. The position i interviewed with the potential company was in purchasing so idk if that had anything to do with it. The new position is in marketing so I’ll see what the say.

Yeah my weakness is always perfectionist and that I have no patience for lazy people.

Congrats to both of ya!

Fr fr, I currently live in central pa and there is a **** ton of warehouse out here. With warehouses comes jobs naturally and warehouses competing to get the best qualified canadiate which in turns drives wages up. The job I just got out Pepsi for 20 an hour, I'm a forklift driver just picking cases of soda round the warehouse.

The crazy thing is that 18 and above warehouse jobs around my area are becoming more common now.
during interviews I always lie and tell them exactly what they want to hear, no use of trying to really define yourself more or less figure out what they like or atleast are looking for based on the job and mold all your answers towards that.

Not jobless, but damn sure frustrated. I work 2 jobs - a health club as a personal trainer and at a Nike outlet. Hours at both are garbage lately and while I really, really like Nike it just ain't cutting it bros.

Finally had enough of hoping I get scheduled for more hours. Going to look for a Physical Therapist Aide position around my way since I'm in school to become a PT assistant and eventually going to get my DPT it would be great experience plus the pay/hours would be better.

Should I just be submitting resumes? Is it still a good idea to go checkout these places in person and ask to speak to a manager? I've had mixed results like that. With Nike I had issues with my initial interview and missed it so I went back to make amends with a manager and ultimately got into the next round of interviews and that may be part of the reason I was chosen.

However, I've also had instances where I was just directed to apply online and they'll call me. Is it seen as bothersome to go in expecting to get a manger's attention or is it a good first impression?

Fr fr, I currently live in central pa and there is a **** ton of warehouse out here. With warehouses comes jobs naturally and warehouses competing to get the best qualified canadiate which in turns drives wages up. The job I just got out Pepsi for 20 an hour, I'm a forklift driver just picking cases of soda round the warehouse.

The crazy thing is that 18 and above warehouse jobs around my area are becoming more common now.
during interviews I always lie and tell them exactly what they want to hear, no use of trying to really define yourself more or less figure out what they like or atleast are looking for based on the job and mold all your answers towards that.

20 an hour for that? Did you need experience?

Is there a reason you're choosing PTA as a choice in school?

Asking because mainly my mom has been pushing something medical related since Day 1 and I actually took a few PTA related courses, just nothing I want to pursue as a career.

I know what I want to do, just have doubts if my past might limit me long term.

Is there a reason you're choosing PTA as a choice in school?

Asking because mainly my mom has been pushing something medical related since Day 1 and I actually took a few PTA related courses, just nothing I want to pursue as a career.

I know what I want to do, just have doubts if my past might limit me long term.
I'm a PTA. Been doing it for 10 years. I'm bored with it. Time to make mo. Medical field is steady....prolly why she pushing it on you. The pay is pretty decent but you can top out fast, so you better be comfortable with that

She was always preaching job availability and having a parent as a direct connection and reference could be huge, but feels like it's a part of my rebellious nature to just go against what my parents have taught me.

I could always go back and do it, at the same time, no one wants to waste time on a major.

Personally, I'm pursing PTA because I'm 23 and growing frustrated with not really having a steady, well paying income. It's only 2 years of schooling and NJ is top 3 in the country pay wise for Physical Therapy period. Likely looking at $25-$30 an hour coming out of school of a <$10k + 2 year investment.

It'll also allow me to make good money part time while I pursue my bachelor's before I start PT school. I'll be in my late 20s by then so going into a 3 year program without a substantial savings scares the hell out of me especially when I'll be racking of that kind of debt that comes with it. Plus an employer may be willing to give some kind of tuition relief as a PTA which is big.

My passion is exercise and anatomy. I'm obsessed with it. I study for fun....that's how much I love it. But, even if you're not passionate about it, it's still a great ROI depending on where you live. I'm certain it'll become a 4 year degree soon so better to get grandfathered in now and lock in a stable career than waste time debating it.

What DO you want to do?

Back
Top Bottom