Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

Originally Posted by ErickM713

This week will be my 3rd week at Sears.
and I'm getting ready to quit.

They work you like a dog and only pay 7.25 and on top of that they already cut my hours 
30t6p3b.gif

better than getting paid 0.00

Dude, I did plumbing before, and even when I was doing plumbing I wouldn't come home with blisters, cut up arms and hands, and lower back problems.
and I got paid more 
30t6p3b.gif

lol, you must be in receivings department. I had those same problems when I started, now I just take it easy.

NYC

UNIQLO is hiring massive amount of people for part-time and full-time. A LOT of room for quick promotion, they are expanding QUICK. Two new stores opening up in the fall, one on 5th Ave and one n 34th street. Hiring for both associates and supervisiors/

PM me for info

about to go to iraq fck these EMPLOYERS.....

sad i been back about a year and had like one job for like 3 months and got fked over....

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET INTO LAW ENFORCEMENT IF YOUR BLACK?

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by romeo0o

human resources called me and as i pick up the phone, service goes out of range. i call back and it goes to a directory where i punch in the party's extension which i do not know.

they didn't call back.

fml.
damn that sucks.  What's the name of the company? See if you can locate a name of the person who works in HR online and call back or just go there in person and explained what happened.

Just a local community bank. I don't really know how to go about calling back since there are multiple hr personnel so hopefully they hit me up on monday. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

human resources called me and as i pick up the phone, service goes out of range. i call back and it goes to a directory where i punch in the party's extension which i do not know.

they didn't call back.

fml.
damn that sucks.  What's the name of the company? See if you can locate a name of the person who works in HR online and call back or just go there in person and explained what happened.

Just a local community bank. I don't really know how to go about calling back since there are multiple hr personnel so hopefully they hit me up on monday. 
ohwell.gif
If I were you, I'd call back first thing Monday morning and just say you were returning a phone call. It'll be early so they'll be fresh faced, ready to work, and  delighted to assist you.
Best of luck!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an interview tomorrow morning. *Fingers crossed* 
pimp.gif

interview coming up tuesday afternoon

dumb question - how early do you guys show up for your interviews?

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

Originally Posted by skylerof209

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Finally got a job at Victoria's Secret last week even though I was interviewed in may and will be going back to school in a few weeks (cant complain tho). Now a number of places have been calling me with job offers out of the blue so im wondering if I could manage working two jobs. but those of you that haven't found anything just keep ya head up..you never know what could happen

get the jobs man and see how they work for you. School isnt in now and you will want a job. Jobs in the future could get more scarce than before so do wht you gotta, but just keep on working...

wish I was in your situations right now man still look'n as i posted few days ago but I got a 4th part(final) interiew on deck at 2:00 on wens and I can feel it man. it feels like this is really my chance.
i say get a keep a comfortable job whichever of those places you decide to work at. school may not be in currently but school in the long run will get you out of those regular jobs; its not a certainty to that they'll even keep you around. 
I think im going to take the offer at Gap and work overnight shifts there and then work at VS in the evenings since they seem to give shorter shifts. And then transfer to another gap when I return to school.

Originally Posted by Peja4Prez

NYC

UNIQLO is hiring massive amount of people for part-time and full-time. A LOT of room for quick promotion, they are expanding QUICK. Two new stores opening up in the fall, one on 5th Ave and one n 34th street. Hiring for both associates and supervisiors/

PM me for info
THIS..I applied around two weeks ago and they called me on friday for an interview but I will be leaving for school in a month.

i applied for a hr/receptionist job with build a bear corporate.

i'm getting increasingly less picky and now just looking for a job to put some money in my pocket.

recently started taking shifts at the arena in downtown STL. my boy is the manager of a stand down there, gone be assistant manager under him.

Originally Posted by Retro23J

My interview went well. The manager was out of town so I just met with 3 people on her staff: her supervisor, the guy who's job I'm applying for, and their assistant. All 3 interviews went over and it was more conversation and them outlining exactly what the position was since the description posted was pretty vague than standard interviewing. They each had a 2 page list of questions but were like nah these questions suck
laugh.gif
and just went back and forth with me about my previous time there. Sent all 3 emails afterward.
"......while we were favorably impressed with your background, we have decided to pursue other candidates....."

grin.gif
I don't know why this one is bothering me so much more than the others....

@cobra kai i was like that too.  can't be picky when you need money in your pockets.  at that point, $%** it, i need any ol' job

sometimes i wonder who is the person that they picked over me. does that cross your mind too. like, in my head i'm thinking, "ya really found someone better?"

I get easily irritated when I see people get jobs. They're usually people that take the job and don't care.

I'm about to go crazy if I don't get a damn job by the end of the year. I'm tired of where I'm at.

#FML

what do yall think about working a minimum wage job? here's the deal. I'm 22, haven't had a REAL job in like 2 yrs. I really need a job now and I've been looking ALL over the place the entire summer, but haven't had any luck yet. the other day I finally got a call from a place that I applied to nearly 2 months ago and they would like me to come in for an interview, which is cool. but then they said that starting pay is $7.25/hr (minimum wage here in NY). I dont wanna be picky because at least its a job and I've been out of work for a minute, but I'm having second thoughts about going for this job since the pay is so low. I mean, part of me wants to go for it because a job is a job and I've been looking all summer and still haven't found one. but the other part of me wants to pass on this one, because I feel like if I keep looking the way I've been, I should find something better that pays a bit more. so its pretty much a matter of whether I wanna settle for the minimum wage job right now, or wait just a little bit longer til I find a better job within the next month or two. what do yall think?

had an interview earlier today with Tulane University in New Orleans... went pretty well, and Im sure I sold myself well and fully connected or sorta kinda connected with alot of the experience questions they asked me...

But being disappointed so many times makes it hard for me to think I will even get it cause I know all it takes is for them to interview one person who has the direct experience in all facets of the job that im applying for and its a wrap for me as a candidate no matter how much they liked me

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

what do yall think about working a minimum wage job? here's the deal. I'm 22, haven't had a REAL job in like 2 yrs. I really need a job now and I've been looking ALL over the place the entire summer, but haven't had any luck yet. the other day I finally got a call from a place that I applied to nearly 2 months ago and they would like me to come in for an interview, which is cool. but then they said that starting pay is $7.25/hr (minimum wage here in NY). I dont wanna be picky because at least its a job and I've been out of work for a minute, but I'm having second thoughts about going for this job since the pay is so low. I mean, part of me wants to go for it because a job is a job and I've been looking all summer and still haven't found one. but the other part of me wants to pass on this one, because I feel like if I keep looking the way I've been, I should find something better that pays a bit more. so its pretty much a matter of whether I wanna settle for the minimum wage job right now, or wait just a little bit longer til I find a better job within the next month or two. what do yall think?

i'm sure you can find other better paying jobs. starbucks barista's around here are getting 9. or you can try car dealerships. if you can sell, you'll make bank. my cousin grossed 6 digits as a sales associate. you just gotta put in the work.
since i've lost my cali connects, i've been looking for a job. a legit paying job. and it's been hard. i'd apply and not hear from employers for 1-2 months. but i've been getting phone calls left and right. now i've got 2 part time jobs and some interviews lined up for this week. hopefully i'll be able to upgrade to a better paying and at the same time less stressful job.

man... you gotta go where people want you... i put in like 85 applications over the past 9 months and got hired at a job i really didn't even apply for... it's nuts

My interview went well. The manager was out of town so I just met with 3 people on her staff: her supervisor, the guy who's job I'm applying for, and their assistant. All 3 interviews went over and it was more conversation and them outlining exactly what the position was since the description posted was pretty vague than standard interviewing. They each had a 2 page list of questions but were like nah these questions suck
laugh.gif
and just went back and forth with me about my previous time there. Sent all 3 emails afterward.
"......while we were favorably impressed with your background, we have decided to pursue other candidates....."

grin.gif
I don't know why this one is bothering me so much more than the others....
"We reviewed all of the information you provided us thus far and you presented as an excellent candidate for the....  However, at this time, we decided to pursue a different candidate for the position.

Your skills and qualifications are excellent and we truly appreciate the opportunity and consideration you gave...."
[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

[/font]

inbox full of rejections right now 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

Could you take the job AND continue with the job search? It seems like employers gang together and start calling you back once one person calls. lol Best of Luck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Job Search Tip: To those who have degrees, check your local community colleges or universities. Some of them have positions open for tutoring or teaching classes (most require masters level for professorship), in addition to other spots.

How many of you guys with out jobs are from California?

Im thinking about picking up and heading out to LA. I have a security job here in new york that pays well for a security company ($16/h) but it's only part time.  I don't mind any type of work really i just need to make enough to pay rent when I get there.

Whats the job market looking like out there in California? I don't mind cleaning floors, opening doors w/e just a full time job.

Just got a job this week up at Columbia University. It is temp, but pays well and has a good window for being permanent. Hang in their guys and keep trying.

Four interviews within the last month and a half no call backs. Just about to give up looking for a web designer position
ohwell.gif
. I always get the same thing from everyone "Nice portfolio" but no call backs. 

Back
Top Bottom