Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Originally Posted by marion706

been out of a job for a year Finally got a decent job last week got fired two days ago for pulling my phone out to check the time
mad.gif
  no warning or nothing work related to top it off the women who fired me was a temporary supervisor ...#%$% The Hi Power! 

eek.gif
 Where were you working?

Have 5-6 possibilities out there right now...and an internship opportunity at this really, really sweet company. I still want a full-time permanent job, but maybe it wouldn't be a horrible idea to do that internship and go from there, even though I'm a little overqualified for it, since I already have a few internships under my belt..

Originally Posted by acidicality

Have 5-6 possibilities out there right now...and an internship opportunity at this really, really sweet company. I still want a full-time permanent job, but maybe it wouldn't be a horrible idea to do that internship and go from there, even though I'm a little overqualified for it, since I already have a few internships under my belt..

Weight your options;however, don't overlook the opportunity to work for a fun/sweet/good atmosphere/etc company even if it pays a little less.  I work for a decent company with a decent atmosphere but the people here kinda suck.  Money isn't everything... when you working with people you would rather murder... it's a long 8 hours.

btw, has anyone ever worked as a financial analyst? My company is seeing me do work and the boss recommended that I look into our finance analyst position since the other guy just kinda left. I know very little about the position so I just told her.. I donno.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

Yo real talk im about to leave arizona... Aint NO jobs out here... SMH
i left tempe because i couldn't find anything.  my roommates were doing landscaping all summer
sick.gif

For those in the NYC area, I can refer you guys to Apple since the Grand Central store will open up soon. Hit me up if anyone is interested I will try my best to refer anyone since I am a newbie I still want to know the system

Elder: What do you do for work?
me: I'm a student.
Elder: Well good for you!
Best excuse to not have a job lol.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

For those in the NYC area, I can refer you guys to Apple since the Grand Central store will open up soon. Hit me up if anyone is interested I will try my best to refer anyone since I am a newbie I still want to know the system

How much does Apple usually pay per hour?

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

btw, has anyone ever worked as a financial analyst? My company is seeing me do work and the boss recommended that I look into our finance analyst position since the other guy just kinda left. I know very little about the position so I just told her.. I donno.
I've read about it.  If you're genuinely interested in the position then definitely pursue it. 

Hey guys I finally got a interview for a front desk position at a local gym. I was wondering what would be the proper attire to go in to the interview with? I was thinking a white polo with some corduroys and black shoes. I haven't been to a interview in over four years. What should I expect? Also if I where to land the job they would want me to start ASAP, but I have a part time job already. Should I ask them if its possible to request a two week notice with my current job or just quite my current job as soon as I get the offer to pick up this job opportunity?

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Hey guys I finally got a interview for a front desk position at a local gym. I was wondering what would be the proper attire to go in to the interview with? I was thinking a white polo with some corduroys and black shoes. I haven't been to a interview in over four years. What should I expect? Also if I where to land the job they would want me to start ASAP, but I have a part time job already. Should I ask them if its possible to request a two week notice with my current job or just quite my current job as soon as I get the offer to pick up this job opportunity?

I would definitely recommend at the very least a shirt and tie.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

Originally Posted by acidicality

Weight your options;however, don't overlook the opportunity to work for a fun/sweet/good atmosphere/etc company even if it pays a little less.  I work for a decent company with a decent atmosphere but the people here kinda suck.  Money isn't everything... when you working with people you would rather murder... it's a long 8 hours.
I don't know what it is and I hate to be stereotypical but we have that classic big girl in our office who just seems to be always complaining about everything; and always looking for gratification from the senior staff.
I work at an ad-agency and she's competing with another girl who's leadership is completely different. To date, the second girl flew to another city to meet a client and signed on for a job. As for big ol girl.. contract internship extension.

Presentation and overall attitude is everything. Bah, what a long 8 hours. Stay strong fam, I'm hoping to get a contract too.

For those looking for a little cash to get by check out: TaskRabbit.

Main locations are in Cali and Pa with a few other places sprinkled in.

Solid idea, imo!

^
one of my friends does odd jobs for taskrabbit and it definitely seems like a good way to get some extra $$

went from zero jobs to 2 in a few weeks. keep your heads up everyone looking, it'll fall in place for ya

I work for a security company called Securitas. I've been working there for about 6 months now and it's been good. The pay ranges for each location you work at beginning at $11. I know it isn't that much but it's a good job for students. It was a pretty easy interview and all you have to do is where a suit to the interview and pass the drug test. The best thing is you get to do the guard card class without paying because they'll take it slowly off your paychecks. You get paid every week which I find it being easier to budget my money. I got lucky and they put me at Facebook and I work at the front desk at the HQ. It's not a stressful job at all and not very physical judging on where I'm working at imo. Just want to reach out to NT and help the fam out. I know the Bay Area is definitely hiring.

http://www.securitas.com/us/en/career/Come-Join-Us/

Feel free to ask any questions.

im using indeed, craigslist, and my school website. what sites are ya going to? seems like its a bunch of spam on the typical sites.

Just moved back in June and now looking for a job in the SF bay area. I've been working for the 49ers as a Marketing Intern but its mostly part-time work and I'm looking for a job where I can get some consistent pay and good experience.  
 Anyway, good to know I'm not alone and I'll be checking into this thread a lot. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMan14

im using indeed, craigslist, and my school website. what sites are ya going to? seems like its a bunch of spam on the typical sites.

Indeed is the best one by far IMO. Just need to be wary of which ones are from job agencies and 3rd parties. Other than that, depending on what type of company you want to work at, there are sites that compile lists of companies around your area for that specific field (just have to Google it). For example, I came across a site for medical device companies around the Bay Area and have gotten a few interviews here and there from that.

Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408

I work for a security company called Securitas. I've been working there for about 6 months now and it's been good. The pay ranges for each location you work at beginning at $11. I know it isn't that much but it's a good job for students. It was a pretty easy interview and all you have to do is where a suit to the interview and pass the drug test. The best thing is you get to do the guard card class without paying because they'll take it slowly off your paychecks. You get paid every week which I find it being easier to budget my money. I got lucky and they put me at Facebook and I work at the front desk at the HQ. It's not a stressful job at all and not very physical judging on where I'm working at imo. Just want to reach out to NT and help the fam out. I know the Bay Area is definitely hiring.

http://www.securitas.com/us/en/career/Come-Join-Us/

Feel free to ask any questions.

We use securtias for our warehouses.  We have 2 warehouses in here in LA and were buying another one soon.

I work in AP and we payout about 4500-5500 weekly for services.. I don't understand why we would need 10 security guards per warehouse though... maybe we have more warehouses than I thought.

Anyway, I notice yall just walk around the premises and chill.  One of the guys actually took down my bosses info when she came out our building at like 5am... funny stuff.

...were just 2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl... year after year......

srsly do not listen to any pink flloyd songs in the morning..

today all i did was smoke bud and eat chocolate.

TI - Motivation... do it.

"Life is a grindstone, & whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of." -Josh Billings

KEEP YOUR HEADS UP EVERYONE!!!

Back
Top Bottom