Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Got a call from Healthfirst. From what I have gathered they originated in New York and are trying to open a branch in Orlando. Trying to find some reviews on working there, but couldn't find anything yet. Anyone got any experience with them?

im finding it annoying when job posting requests only local residents to apply and im out of state....def not fair
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

congrats bro. i'm trying to make this EE degree i just got work; been applying like there was no tomorrow. How long did the biotech company give you to decide? sometimes they can hit you with a week limit..
thanks...they didn't give me a set time, but I mentioned 1-2 weeks and they just mentioned as soon as possible.

For those of you struggling to get a job, you will get your breaks eventually...just keep grinding.
pimp.gif
Aside from a few temporary jobs, I've been looking for over a year already, and I'm just starting to really get my breaks and getting lots of good chances, and that's really all I can ask for in job hunting. You're going to have to learn from a few bad interviews, but you're just going to get better and better with each one even if you don't get the offer.

Originally Posted by mandown91

smh man... unemployed n goin to school, just bought some books today man im broke
I need some loans lol, but man how yall surviving out here in these streets mayne?

quick advice.  do not get loans.  i wish someone would had told me to stay the hell away from loans even if it meant eating dirt everyday for 4 years.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i have a group interview tomorrow, any tips? its for a bowling place if it matters

fixed, and please
ohwell.gif

I tried to find something I wrote awhile back.  if you can find one of my old post about my girl doing a group interview for bank of america I thought I wrote some good stuff.. can't find it tho.

Pretty much just shine from the group... ask questions and comment on anything.  A lot of people are going to stay quiet and wait... you cannot wait to get picked on.  Don't be that guy in the back who said nothing.  Nobody will remember you or care about you.  After the interview you can't walk up to the interviewer and ask how you did when you didn't say nothing the whole time.  do be that guy.
You gotta be outgoing.. even if you gotta FAKE it do it.  My girl is pretty outgoing and loud.. but even during the interview she faked the whole thing... she said she wanted to be the first one ask a question and answer a question.  After the interview she walked up to the HR and asked how she did.. told her she was awesome... and called her the following week.

You guys gotta hustle! I'm in the position no full time job for 4 years. I've been doing part-time work, temp-work, day work(general construction), Commission work,  freelance. Hustle man. I hope to be back full-time after next week in some professional capacity as I've went back to college! This is recession has to be the worse in a long time, although I'm too young to remember the recession of the 80s.

Also, do not look down on public assistance or unemployment. That's the same tax money they are gonna cut from your paychecks when you start working. Get on that.  I live in PA and their are employment services like Career Link, etc. You gotta be on top of those.

And if you believe in GOD, "pray"

Well my fellow jobless brethren, I'll be going back to school for my MA soon. I can't sit around and wait around for a phone call on a job....

Good look to all and I know we all will come out on top!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Just had the interview with Appleone...
She was really nice which is all I could really ask for.  I'm not expecting anything but I made sure to note I was only interested in temp-to-hire and direct hire jobs.

Now back on the hunt.
From my experience, dont bank on that.  I used to work for Randstad and I have no complaints but you have to remember your agent gets paid based on you working period.  During my interview I specified temp-to-perm but I ended up doing a 2 week assignment and then a long-term assignment.  Now, I was actually offered a temp-to-perm assignment but I chose the long-term assignment because the pay was higher and there was no telling when/if that permanent offer would come...

Temp agencies are a great way to build the resume and network but always be on the lookout for a salary position.  My agent was cool and even encouraged me to seek opportunities outside the agency.  Needless to say it was nothing but best wishes when I finally landed a job that I started this week.

For those considering going back to school, look for jobs at the university of interest.  I'm in training for an academic advisor position and I'm eligible for tuition remission right away.  Deciding between a 2nd bachelor's or beginning my graduate studies (want to get into Software Engineering).

Good luck to everyone and keep your head up 

I took two days off from my job last week to do interviews, hopefully, I get this sales/marketing gig cause working retail is killing me, smh. I feel like just quitting but a part of me is thinking any job is better than no job...

anyone have any experience or luck at job fairs?

Well, I got a job offer. Don't know if I'm gonna take it though. It's PC/hardware repair. They want to go to people's homes and fix their PCs. They'll reimburse me car maintenance and gas. They pay by the house visit only, not hourly, which really sucks. They pay $29 per visit but there's no guarantee on how many calls I'll get, which also sucks lol. But it seems like a great way into the field and they pay for any additional certifications I may need.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Well, I got a job offer. Don't know if I'm gonna take it though. It's PC/hardware repair. They want to go to people's homes and fix their PCs. They'll reimburse me car maintenance and gas. They pay by the house visit only, not hourly, which really sucks. They pay $29 per visit but there's no guarantee on how many calls I'll get, which also sucks lol. But it seems like a great way into the field and they pay for any additional certifications I may need.

if you're not hung up on finances than do it if you feel its worth it. i've always passed on applying for jobs like that tho. wasn't about that door to door life, word to Vector.

Where are you located? 

So I got a perm full time salary gig with Columbia.  I was working temp for their sister school Teacher's College, but went through an interview a month ago and after background check cleared, despite having a misdemeanor(I did explain it on my application), I am now in.  Doing IT work and they gave me a salary that was way more than I thought I would have to negotiate for plus more.  Keep your heads up guys, I was more worried about my misdemeanor but hard work will pay off. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

She was really nice which is all I could really ask for.  I'm not expecting anything but I made sure to note I was only interested in temp-to-hire and direct hire jobs.

Now back on the hunt.
From my experience, dont bank on that.  I used to work for Randstad and I have no complaints but you have to remember your agent gets paid based on you working period.  During my interview I specified temp-to-perm but I ended up doing a 2 week assignment and then a long-term assignment.  Now, I was actually offered a temp-to-perm assignment but I chose the long-term assignment because the pay was higher and there was no telling when/if that permanent offer would come...

Temp agencies are a great way to build the resume and network but always be on the lookout for a salary position.  My agent was cool and even encouraged me to seek opportunities outside the agency.  Needless to say it was nothing but best wishes when I finally landed a job that I started this week.

For those considering going back to school, look for jobs at the university of interest.  I'm in training for an academic advisor position and I'm eligible for tuition remission right away.  Deciding between a 2nd bachelor's or beginning my graduate studies (want to get into Software Engineering).

hold on. Randstad? that engineering thing? i applied for a few positions with thinkenergygroup, which apparently will be known as Randstad...and what you're saying is if I apply for a contract, they get part of my pay? because a few positions posted are direct hire meaning salary, so i couldn't understand how they would take part of your money...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^ Im in NJ.

Check Universities and Colleges for work like I did.  Rutgers would be a great place to work if it's close to you.  A lot of universities give free schooling also.

dude, sales jobs are actually great opportunities to make some money.  a lot of people don't realize that.  generally ppl downplay sales because its commission based and not stable.

this is a real good opportunity for you to network.  print out your OWN business cards with your phone number and address and everytime you go to a person's home for this company.. hand them your OWN card and tell them to call you directly if they need help.. and you'll offer them less money.  I'm assuming the company is charging people in the 50-60's for visits.

so lets say the job gives you 3-4 calls... that's roughly 85-110 bucks a day.. but at the same time you'll have ur own calls.. u could srsly be making cheese bro.  know what im saying?

s0leFUNK wrote:
Bruce Waynee wrote:

Now back on the hunt.

hold on. Randstad? that engineering thing? i applied for a few positions with thinkenergygroup, which apparently will be known as Randstad...and what you're saying is if I apply for a contract, they get part of my pay? because a few positions posted are direct hire meaning salary, so i couldn't understand how they would take part of your money...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Most likely a different company.  The Randstad I worked for was a staffing agency.  How they operated was that they billed their clients (the people they provide staffing for) for every hour worked.  They dont take any money from your check.  They bill the client, lets say, $40 per hour you worked while you take home like $15 (or whatever amount is specified for the assignment) ..  So when I say they are in the business of making money, it doesn't mean much to them where you work it's the fact that you are working because thats when they can send out those invoices and get paid.

is anyone broke, homeless and don't know what to do. ive been having suicidal thoughts, but... i'll never. life changed so much for me. its almost like it never took off. i just got a taste of what could have been.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

s0leFUNK wrote:
Bruce Waynee wrote:

Now back on the hunt.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Most likely a different company.  The Randstad I worked for was a staffing agency.  How they operated was that they billed their clients (the people they provide staffing for) for every hour worked.  They dont take any money from your check.  They bill the client, lets say, $40 per hour you worked while you take home like $15 (or whatever amount is specified for the assignment) ..  So when I say they are in the business of making money, it doesn't mean much to them where you work it's the fact that you are working because thats when they can send out those invoices and get paid.

nah i think its the same...http://www.thinkenergygro...epower?openform&count=24

but thanks for clearing that up. good to know they charge that client and not the worker...i applied for a 3-6 month contract in Marlborough, MA as an R&D Engineer. Pay is good but id have trouble finding a place to live during said time.

Almost official since July that I found out we're getting laid off, have one shift on Wednesday only. Will call EDD tomorrow morning. Feelsbatman

nt fam, keep your heads up...stay persistent, stay positive, and be hungrier than anyone.

after months of job searching and applying..i finally got hired at the place I aspired to work at.

a couple weeks in working at my new job, i'll get potential applicants asking if we are currently hiring..

you don't want to be a couple weeks behind, you wanna stay ahead of the curve. go out and get it fam

its 4 in the morning.. i woke up at 3:30.. if yall unemployed and still sleeping damn shame. get up and get money all day.

Back
Top Bottom