Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

do it i made the move from atl to l.a. last november and just moved from l.a. to san antonio this weekend  , its worth the risk and if you want to go back home you can transfer after 6 months 
Yeah Imma send my app today to that place. I did some research and it looks like I can't transfer until after my one year mark and even then it has to be a real excuse to transfer back to CA... this isn't an oil and gas company btw, but it's a pretty big place.

got a job interview in a couple of days  for a Grocery store, what do i need to know..please help...i haven't gotta an interview in days and really need the job

Bumping for those still looking for a job.

Also if you're interested on some entrepreneurial advice. Check out my new small article in the norcal job thread.

just came back from doing paper work and signing offer. apply for a position in san antonio or elmedorf texas and call the recruiter. everybody that was there today got hired. but it was a bit diffrent then what was told over the phone. 6 days on 3 off, stay at camp, 13.50 for entry level 15 after 30 days, 12 hr shifts with 3 hr drive time from camp to jobsite which you are paid for , benfits start day one stock options :pimp:  401 k and bonuses. Some different time for jobs like 7 / 2 or 21 / 7  all entry level pay the same thou 

Where did u find the recruiters info at???

pm sent 

Info? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Did you guys have work experience in the field?

I don't think CA is meant to keep me...

So sad. I love this place... but i'm 25. And stuck.

Info? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Did you guys have work experience in the field?

I don't think CA is meant to keep me...

So sad. I love this place... but i'm 25. And stuck.

No experience will be brand new to me. Ill pm you once I get home taking physical ATM. You were the wielder correct

Yes sir that'd be me.

Any and all information would be appreciated.

Doesn't even have to be a welder position TBH, I just want to stack bread and make a career for myself. Busting my *** along the way.

Edit: And when something becomes available to come closer to home, i'd do it.

Last edited:
Yes sir that'd be me.

Any and all information would be appreciated.

Doesn't even have to be a welder position TBH, I just want to stack bread and make a career for myself. Busting my *** along the way.

Edit: And when something becomes available to come closer to home, i'd do it.
i feel you but you do wanna put that to use especially since you put the time in to get certified. you got any kids or serious relationships at home because the oilfield work will keep you from home a lot 

rrlegend, you got any info on well-testers - as far as their duties, pay, etc?

btw, did you get your cdl in cali?

Looking for a job in Houston TX

I have an issue. I'm an immigrant and have had an expired work permit for the last 3 years, forcing me to do odd jobs to cover my bills and as such, I have learned the skills of DJing and photography, but as I just got a new worker's permit that is valid, I would like a normal job in addition to my gigs..

..but I haven't worked in 3 years on paper, and don't know how I'd get re-acclimated to the normal work world. Have yall ever gone a long time without working? Where'd you pick back up at?

I'm a strong 6'3 big dude as well, so I was wondering how I could get into manual labor with no experience.

College senior, communications major computer science minor at University of Houston

Well skilled in graphics and local marketing. Connected to lots of other creatives and movers/shakers because of my DJ and photo experience

...got a call from an old employer after my posting,

I was caught off guard. Extremely.

I interview Thursday afternoon.

rrlegend, you got any info on well-testers - as far as their duties, pay, etc?

btw, did you get your cdl in cali?
depends on company for pay, duties you do alot of measurements and readings on the oil and gas coming out the earth and make sure the work area is safe and can produce. you can p.m. for more . i got my cdl in texas 2008 for a truck driving company , drove for them chucked the doses, moved back to atl switched it to ga and that was it. does the company your with not train you for a cdl ?

depends on company for pay, duties you do alot of measurements and readings on the oil and gas coming out the earth and make sure the work area is safe and can produce. you can p.m. for more . i got my cdl in texas 2008 for a truck driving company , drove for them chucked the doses, moved back to atl switched it to ga and that was it. does the company your with not train you for a cdl ?
Nah, the place that I applied to was for an office job.. its not in the o&g industry.

I applied for office positions at a few o&g companies but haven't heard anything so far.

I'm just doing research on different positions and possibly getting a cdl and what not. thanks man.

Just heard back from the place I interviewed at a few weeks ago. I'm on the shortlist of final candidates. Hoping that I can get at least 30 hours so that I can still interview at other places should I still get them. Cant even get something part time with my skill set because employers know that I will be gone given the first opportunity.

Nah, the place that I applied to was for an office job.. its not in the o&g industry.

I applied for office positions at a few o&g companies but haven't heard anything so far.

I'm just doing research on different positions and possibly getting a cdl and what not. thanks man.
yeah i feel you i researched working in the oil & gas field for a long time before i started applying. i tell everybody as long a you have a cdl you have a job that pays at least 50-65k a year easy.

Not sure if this is the place to ask but....

For those who LIVE in Dallas (Ricky409 and anyone else), is moving from California to Dallas for a 30k a year job worth it? I'm looking into going in to probation (plan F... :lol: :smh: ) and I see there's an opening for a juvenile probation officer.

I know that 30k a year is like pennies in LA so I wanted to know how it is in Dallas?

Back
Top Bottom