Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

followed up with disc replay today, left my name and number for the owner to call cause the person that answered the phone couldnt do anything for me but other than that im taking this week of job searching off

Go temp while you're waiting. They'll find you something within a couple days (data entry, manual labor, basically anything that matches your skills). I know it sucks to swallow your pride and do menial work, but it's better to keep busy and get some income while waiting on that call.
i'ma do this, i already talked to a counselor about going back to school. i need to make something happen.
There's times I feel like crying, but then I go to the gym...

I've been out of work since October, I had to sell some of my Jordans to keep some money in my pocket.

Atleast you still have some kind of "collection" to sell to get some money in your pocket. I cant do that anymore even if I wanted to lol.

Anyone here with any pharmacy/pharmaceutical advice? Got a B.S in Pharmacology and got waitlisted to couple of doctorate programs. If i dont get in, no idea wtf imma do with my life and this degree :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
How long before graduation would you guys suggest start applying for full time positions?

I graduate in December and have already started applying, I feel like I'm jumping the gun a bit

I started applying almost 7 months before graduation. Got a couple offers, none that were very lucrative. I'm beginning a second major in August

How long before graduation would you guys suggest start applying for full time positions?

I graduate in December and have already started applying, I feel like I'm jumping the gun a bit
Beginning of your senior year/end of your junior year granted you have enough internships, etc. under your belt.

For all of those who have graduated and are just now applying, good luck because now you're competing with every other graduate and a larger pool of applicants overall.

Also, a resume tip. Resumes are selected because they are good. They are selected because certain keywords pop up during their selection process with the program HR uses.

Did so upon seeing your post, got a rejection e-mail within 36 hours

Thanks brah

tired.gif
damn. i would suggest relocating honestly there is alot of work with your qualifications on the gulf coast some provide housing or try to work offshore 

Did you do any internships?

If so, how come none of those turned into full time positions?

Since you graduate in December, find out which companies are recruiting during the fall semester (Aug-Dec), then:

Do your research to see if they actually hire their interns for full time positions

Land the internship for the spring semester

Knock it out & get that full time offer at the end.

Last edited:
Did you do any internships?

If so, how come none of those turned into full time positions?

Since you graduate in December, find out which companies are recruiting during the fall semester (Aug-Dec), then:

Do your research to see if they actually hire their interns for full time positions

Land the internship for the spring semester

Knock it out & get that full time offer at the end.

switched majors, haven't had an internship in my current major yet. I'm hoping to get a summer internship and they just let me stay on throughout the fall because I'm only taking 2 classes. Then when I graduate become a full time employee

right now is a good time. i wish i had started applying when i was still in school, made the mistake by waiting til after i graduated.

Sucks when the company doesn't contact you back after the interview. Its been 3 weeks now
mean.gif
I just assume they moved on
in my dozen or so interviews i've had, only one called back. what sucks more is when i had 3 interviews for a paralegal position, i saw the attorney who gave me the interview out in the street and dude made eye contact and avoided me like the plague 
mean.gif
 i was so bummed and i didn't get a single call back, check job listings 2 weeks later, same job is still available after they had told me the position was going to be filled that friday 
mad.gif

Sucks when the company doesn't contact you back after the interview. Its been 3 weeks now :smh: I just assume they moved on
in my dozen or so interviews i've had, only one called back. what sucks more is when i had 3 interviews for a paralegal position, i saw the attorney who gave me the interview out in the street and dude made eye contact and avoided me like the plague 
mean.gif

i was so bummed and i didn't get a single call back, check job listings 2 weeks later, same job is still available after they had told me the position was going to be filled that friday 
mad.gif

Man I hate that. Applied for a part-time gig, had 2 interviews and an online job assessment, don't hear anything back so of course one is to assume they didn't get the gig. 2 weeks later a staffing company is posting an ad on CL for the same position.

Another time had an interview w/ a small law firm for a paralegal position, don't get it, about a year later, another posting but the experience level is more stringent. Pittsburgh is terrible when it comes to opportunities. Looking to relocate to NC but can't get a gig there either.

mean.gif

mad.gif

Try not to sweat it. You not being there may be better for you...... Its a numbers game really, just keep at it and the right opportunity will come. Keep your interview skills sharp ( you can role play with friends, it actually helps for your comfort level in interviews) You don't always find the right job, sometimes it finds you. Just keep your head up, eyes open, keep applyn and don't be discouraged

Reactions: Ox.
Just started receiving my unemployment benefits. 6 weeks of back pay also, definitely a life saver, I was struggling over here. I definitely plan to manage this money wisely. So far i haven't touched a fast food spot, nothing but groceries and cooking. Now I need to find a place of employment, it's been nearly 2 months since I was terminated.

Try not to sweat it. You not being there may be better for you...... Its a numbers game really, just keep at it and the right opportunity will come. Keep your interview skills sharp ( you can role play with friends, it actually helps for your comfort level in interviews) You don't always find the right job, sometimes it finds you. Just keep your head up, eyes open, keep applyn and don't be discouraged
thanks man appreciate it, i'm also one to get bummed out after not hearing back. again thanks for the words.

for those looking for temp work i suggest looking into valet parking at luxury/high end spots

get paid around min wage but those tips
eek.gif
easily comes out to at least 20 (usually more)an hour on slow days and all you do is park luxury cars (i dont valet but have a friend doing it)

Getting lots of interest . Halliburton called back finally 15 hr 100 hrs a week 14/7 paid week off looking at about 1700 a week. Gonna put my 6 months in and transfer to brazil are somewhere out of here

Last edited:
Getting lots of interest . Halliburton called back finally 15 hr 100 hrs a week 14/7 paid week off looking at about 1700 a week. Gonna put my 6 months in and transfer to brazil are somewhere out of here
nice...whats your background if you dont mind me asking?

i would love to work for something like Halliburton, Boeing, Lockheed...

nice...whats your background if you dont mind me asking?

i would love to work for something like Halliburton, Boeing, Lockheed...
its for an entry level job in the field, already have a cdl i used to drive over the road but quit that and been playing the streets for the last couple of years. dont mind the hard work as seeing im going on 28 and the career path is 3 years to management 

gotcha. yea id just love a change of scenery from working in DC or at least find something that allows for a good amount of lateral movement. my current position is kind of pigeon-holed for a specific industry.  would love to go overseas or something. good stuff either way. 

Last edited:
damn. i would suggest relocating honestly there is alot of work with your qualifications on the gulf coast some provide housing or try to work offshore 

Honestly bro, you've got me thinking..

I know DFW isn't gulf coast, but I have two different friends who've upped and made their lives out there, albeit different reasons (Keller, Ft.Worth) . This would be best-case scenario as it would put me with familiar people in a new place. This is just my thinking within the last 10 minutes. My GF of almost 5 years graduates today as well, thoughts are running rampant right now

Just doing a quick indeed search showed quite a few entry level welder gigs...man...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom