Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Without getting too deep into it, things didn't work out with the previous job, I didn't really like it and it was torture doing it for 8 hours.
I did uber eats for 6 days last week and made more than I made with that job. It's possible to make $1,000 a week doing ubereats, but I took Saturday off and only worked half on Sunday. My monthly bills are less than 2000, so I may just work 2 weeks out of the month to get $2k, until I get something else. Uber is easy but it can't wear you and your car out.

Without getting too deep into it, things didn't work out with the previous job, I didn't really like it and it was torture doing it for 8 hours.
I did uber eats for 6 days last week and made more than I made with that job. It's possible to make $1,000 a week doing ubereats, but I took Saturday off and only worked half on Sunday. My monthly bills are less than 2000, so I may just work 2 weeks out of the month to get $2k, until I get something else. Uber is easy but it can't wear you and your car out.

I did uber in between jobs and it definitely took a toll on my car and body. Would not recommend long term. I only did it for like 3 months too.

What was the job that didn't work out?

Fleet systems operator for self driving cars. Staring at a computer screen for 8 hours in a room with no windows. Felt like a jail cell.

Just finished an interview with BNSF conductor position and man it took forever. Got there at 8 left at 1:30. There was like 40+ of us with 10 postitions available. Interview went trash but oh well lol. Theres lots of money to be made tho but its a big sacrifice.

What's your background? What are you doing exactly?

IT Procurement/acquisition strategy is what im doing now...all spreadsheets and data analysis, leading to policy recommendations that never go anywhere (due to organizational aspects).

came from an IT PMO, and grew to like it, there was tons to do, with baselines for everything I needed to pay attention to...left due to a pay dispute and got a sizable jump to my current position

Did the same thing for the last 2 or 3 months. Old gig was playing games, so I hustled with Uber and Lyft for a little bit. Just started my new gig last week. Love it. I might do the Uber and Lyft hustle on the weekends. Maybe. I'm already at 10k miles on my car, which I just got in November (had less than 5 miles on it off the lot).

My main job is moving me to “as needed” so I’m hunting for something new. Talked to a co worker at my other job and she got into a CSR at TD Bank making $16 with no experience. She’s bi lingual so I think that helped but it got me looking at bank jobs and you make good money as a teller.

I applied to 6 locations in the past few days. Most listings were only a day or two old and I have a good deal of customer/retail experience and experience in accounting I can speak to so I’m hoping that will help.

Graduated last June and been looking for work in Kansas City and Dallas and have had no luck :smh:

anyone had success with those coding boot camps?

Anybody ever worked for those consultant type companies? Where your like an associate software engineer and you gotta stay with them for 2 years and they move you around etc?

Basically got an offer but declined cause I didn’t like the whole idea of placements and stuff but having second thoughts

Why did you turn it down? Consultant gig with the right firm = fast track. I wouldn't take it at this stage in my career, but it's a good gig if the money is right.

The whole placement stuff and you don’t know where exactly they’ll put you at. Money is like half of what you’d normally make so I wasn’t trippin but it’s good for folks who just graduated and have no experience such as myself.

Anybody ever worked for those consultant type companies? Where your like an associate software engineer and you gotta stay with them for 2 years and they move you around etc?

Basically got an offer but declined cause I didn’t like the whole idea of placements and stuff but having second
thoughts

Is it bind by a contract ? If not don't let that slip up.

Interviewed with this job 10 days ago and since then I haven't heard anything back. Sent the Thank You letters and all that. Do you guys typically call back if you haven't heard anything back for a week?

Interviewed with this job 10 days ago and since then I haven't heard anything back. Sent the Thank You letters and all that. Do you guys typically call back if you haven't heard anything back for a week?
I always do. Can't hurt to let them know that you're still interested.

Starting my third week at my new job tomorrow. Union ready mix truck driver. It’s pretty dope, free healthcare and pension and a 6% match on 401k and ot after 8 so that’s a huge plus.

Only thing I don’t really like is my schedule. I have to call in every afternoon and find out when I work the next day. It might be 6 am or 10 am, you never know.

I work like 55-60 hours a week but i’ll have time off in the winter for like two months but I’ll get unemployment from them.

For anyone looking, A lot of the unions around here in Minneapolis are taking apprentices for anyone looking to get into the trades. It’s not all back breaking work or anything. The heaviest thing I lift is 30 pounds.

Any drivers from mpls feel free to shoot me a pm we need a few more drivers. Class b with at least a year experience and can drive a manual truck you can get a job.

Last edited:
went through 3 rounds of interviews...

(2nd being a job related project for an artist and 3rd as in person interview)

...at a record label in NYC to get denied.

Even though the pay was $35k - $40k I wouldve taken despite my masters degree.

wild...

Been looking for a get since i finished my grad program in 2016. its tough outchea.

I applied with a company that I got fired from 2 years ago but in a different division. If oj can get a second chance, so should I.

I finally have that interview tomorrow at 1pm with Coca Cola I've been wanting. Interviewed with a different position but it was for a second shift warehouse job and the supervisors I interviewed with basically told me I'm overqualified but would like me to work there in a different position so they put some feelers out.

Plus I know 2 dudes that work there so that should work in my favor. At least I hope.

Update: I got the job at Coca Cola, they called me 3 hours after my interview to offer me the position. Took my drug test yesterday and submitted all my paperwork as well. Last day at my security gig is next Friday.

My homeboy applied for the same job and his interview was after mine and I saw him and talked to him for a min before his. Nothing personal but I needed that. Sorry fam

Starting my third week at my new job tomorrow. Union ready mix truck driver. It’s pretty dope, free healthcare and pension and a 6% match on 401k and ot after 8 so that’s a huge plus.

Only thing I don’t really like is my schedule. I have to call in every afternoon and find out when I work the next day. It might be 6 am or 10 am, you never know.

I work like 55-60 hours a week but i’ll have time off in the winter for like two months but I’ll get unemployment from them.

For anyone looking, A lot of the unions around here in Minneapolis are taking apprentices for anyone looking to get into the trades. It’s not all back breaking work or anything. The heaviest thing I lift is 30 pounds.

Any drivers from mpls feel free to shoot me a pm we need a few more drivers. Class b with at least a year experience and can drive a manual truck you can get a job.
Nice! U gotta pretty chill gig. Been laying mud ever since a kid (pops cement finisher).
Pops was always cool whitchyall and always leaving a spot where y’all can clean up after lol

Back
Top Bottom