Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I wonder how some people get these high salaries in IT. I’m about to get a BS in ACS with a cyber security minor. Have a portfolio of programs I’ve written including database architecture and years of experience in various support/analyst roles

Well I guess I have to wait till I get my masters
From what I understand the more certs you have the better pay you'll get. Having a degree in the IT field is just a formality at this point. This is information I've been told my multiple people and I can't confirm since I don't work in IT

Not necessarily true. I assume he means the 200k or above club. There are folks there without a single degree or cert, just experience, timing and the right networking. Location too etc. For most though yeah, pad that resume. Stay ready you ain't gotta get ready.

Here's a spreadsheet I found on Reddit r/netsec with some wild salaries. I use chrome so I open in incognito so my account doesn't login

Last edited:
Please let me know if there is anyone who would like a job referral for Production Associate position at Tesla in Fremont, CA.

Last edited:
i officially accepted a job offer and notified my boss this week. he wanted me to give him a number and he would be opening to match, but i said it was time for me to move on (even if i left some money on the table). gave three weeks notice, but he's stressing out with the recent departures of other co-workers. i felt bad with the timing, but in the end i had to look out for myself. this was the longest i've been with a company (6+ yrs) but i pretty much worked myself into a corner as far as opportunities and the work environment/morale was declining

it's going to be a challenge getting a replacement in and start training. i said i would be open for answering questions with the occasional email/text but i am trying to document everything before i leave so that would not happen often.

You have just described my current situation. I'm trying to get out asap.

Friday was my last day on contract, looking to make a move outside of Charlotte, outside of finance.

Any ATL heads with leads? My resume speaks to Project Management/Consulting but I can really take on anything. Non-technical preferred.
same here. my next move will probably not be in finance.
I just...need to get outta here, lol. wouldn't mind the atl area either (currently live in clt). good luck.

I just accepted an offer for another position...
but i'm trying to work for myself. soon come.

if its for simple task tracking/management, Trello, Asana are solid.

if you need some visuals/dashboards, id do some googles.

I've messed with Trello in the past, don't remember liking the interface much. But I can certainly revisit.

Asana came up in my search as well. Will dive deeper on it. Appreciate the suggestions! Stakeholder Stakeholder

Got my lay-off notice from Humana Inc yesterday last day will be Jan 2 and my severance will take me into April 1 st. 100% check until then.

first thing that came to
Mind was ‘yes, finally a vacation’ I saw the layoffs coming a mile away and was ready. I don’t plan on applying for any internal jobs as I truly want to be done with the company. I have 2-3 side hustles that I could pursue full force or continue to use those as supplemental income. I also have my p/t retail gig at 20-25 hrs per week $15/hr, but I don’t want to full time there anytime soon.

I could double my income with another full time gig starting January, it would have to be something fulfilling (millennial in me) plenty of sales, insurance, compliance experience, also it would have to pay $60k+

on the flip side, I’m thinking about jumping into a Masters program full time by next summer/fall. But at the end of the day, I really do need a vacation. Islands and Europe and worry about the rest later.

Anyone here know how to apply for the Amazon delivery positions? The one where they give you the dark blue van to drive? I been checking all over but can only find apps to deliver using your own whip which is a no go on my book.

Please let me know if there is anyone who would like a job referral for Production Associate position at Tesla in Fremont, CA.

I was out there at the chem plant across from Tesla getting paid the most of amount of money I ever made but the cost of living ate into all of that. WAY too expensive out there I had to leave asap. Never going back

Anyone here know how to apply for the Amazon delivery positions? The one where they give you the dark blue van to drive? I been checking all over but can only find apps to deliver using your own whip which is a no go on my book.
You have to find out which transportation companies they use and apply with them.
Amazon doesnt own a single van

Census takers will interview household residents and update address lists. Applicants who are hired will attend paid training before beginning work.

Prior to the census, census takers used maps and address lists to determine if the addresses are correct. Next, they will visit households that haven't responded to the census, speaking with residents and using electronic devices (such as smartphones and tablets, issued by the Census Bureau) to collect census data.

Anyone else here also looking to switch jobs?

I like my current gig + people are great
But I'm seeing if I can get 30-40% more $$$ somewhere else

I guess my work has a 1-4 point system on your raise, they gave me a 3. I been working for 6 months and they gave me raise already. I lucked out because they'll be doing evaluations every March now lol

Just applied for a position that makes more than double what I make now. It's a popular company and the position is moreso talent based, and I have specific experience that I think will stand out to them. My boy works for the company in a different department, if I get this it will be life-changing🙏🏾
I'm an excellent interviewer; if I can get an interview I feel like I'll have a great chance at sealing the deal.

Anyone in here doing Workday Consulting or on the tech side of things? Want to know your thoughts on that fiel

Anyone here has the plug on Media sales jobs in Atlanta?

Looking to move out there anytime now. Just need to find a job first.

If you live in Seattle or interested in moving to Seattle, I got something in the Security Project Management field.

Back
Top Bottom