Joe Rogan Podcast

So you are literally saying what I thought you were saying.

Do you know how marketing works?

I’m sure every single person in the fitness industry who endorses a supplement ONLY takes that supplement to get their results, yeah that makes sense.
I know how marketing works

And I can have a problem with marketing that is clearly a lie and not scientifically proven when it comes to health interventions

What is even your point? People should just assume Rogan is a liar?

Like it is cool that he is a snake oil salesman because.....other people are too?

Seems like you are just making a dumb nitpick

To be honest I had no idea who Liver King was before a couple days ago. I think I did spot him on the strip one time though. But then it might not have been, lot of weirdos in Vegas

I always tell people there is a part of the internet that mostly white dudes care about, but I have zero idea the specific subject going on

I just know it is probably some buffoonery

What about Ronnie Coleman?

You could counter RC with Arnold Swarzaninja (sp). There’s a lot we don’t know about steroids, HGH, etc.

And wrestlers are lucky if they live to 60.

I get where Rusty is coming from. You’re selling dreams on BS supplements while shooting up the ish that Russian Government got. Just point me in that direction and say try it at your own risk. I’ll give Rogan credit for at least admitting to using TRT and who knows what else, but like Rusty said…at one point he was pushing Onnit hard (which he owns).

And it’s to the point we have to tell people wink, wink. Don’t engage in idolatry, be wary so snake oil sales people, and most people on the internet are fake (BBLs, roids, rented cars, AirBnBs, etc).

I am not denying Rogan says he uses TRT

I am saying that is the main thing he takes that gives him results. But when you here him push supplements and other crap, he will attribute those things to his body/gains/etc. without the caveat of him reminding people he is on TRT. He acts like tiny health inventions make some massive impact.

We even had an exchange in this thread I believe where I mocked him pushing Elk meat on his listeners and talking about how great it is for vitality, but mans is on TRT

yah i don't really get what the problem is

like you can take TRT, and think Elk meat is good for you.

you can take TRT and think supplementing micronutrients with vitamins or whatever supplement shake is also good for you.

I think he's made it super 100% clear and only a complete moron would be confused about this.

Like you would need to have a single digit IQ to listen to Joe Rogan and not understand that testosterone replacement is the biggest reason for his physique at 55+ years old.

I think it's totally unnecessary for him to caveat all food or diet or health advice with "oh I take TRT" he's already made that super clear.

Some people are naive.

They’re probably thinking they can get the same results.

Or women that think drinking that slim tea or diet pills is how their favorite IG thot stays slim when it’s more lipo, diet, etc.

actually I remember during covid, there was some nurse who lost a ton of weight after having covid

and some people got mad at me when I pointed out he was almost certainly on gear.

so maybe im overestimating how much people know about steroids and fitness.

The problem is the internet gets to a point where they claim EVERYONE who is in any level of above average shape is juicing.

Some people are naive.

They’re probably thinking they can get the same results.

Or women that think drinking that slim tea or diet pills is how their favorite IG thot stays slim when it’s more lipo, diet, etc.

sure but if an IG model says "i got a bbl this is the biggest reason for my body, and the only way to achieve this type of body at my age"
and then later says "protein is healthy and I endorse this vegan protein shake" what's the problem?

if you are open about it, I think you can have a bbl and tell people to drink a protein shake without having to caviet always with
"I had a bbl"

People are naive.

Or…they see the dark side and allow it to influence them aka PEDs or cosmetic surgery.

Not to say you can’t make your glutes bigger…but many of them chicks are getting conservative BBLs (for the fitness models, not conservative for regular chicks). Also, even the ladies are starting to hit the PEDs. It’s wild what social pressures drive someone to do.

The problem is the internet gets to a point where they claim EVERYONE who is in any level of above average shape is juicing.

oh yah people take it too far, but the covid nurse wasn't a close call at all. :lol:

1670531743781.png

sure but if an IG model says "i got a bbl this is the biggest reason for my body, and the only way to achieve this type of body at my age"
and then later says "protein is healthy and I endorse this vegan protein shake" what's the problem?

if you are open about it, I think you can have a bbl and tell people to drink a protein shake without having to caviet always with
"I had a bbl"
The issue it’s pseudo science mumbo jumbo. Which is what Rusty was alluding to with Liver King and Rogan.

None of these folks are doctors, certified trainers, dietitians, nutritionists, etc. It’s all internet mumbo jumbo.

I give that Plates More Dates guy credit. He seems to know a lot about supplements, working out, etc. But that’s mainly from his exposure and experience.

yah i don't really get what the problem is

like you can take TRT, and think Elk meat is good for you.

you can take TRT and think supplementing micronutrients with vitamins or whatever supplement shake is also good for you.

I think he's made it super 100% clear and only a complete moron would be confused about this.

Like you would need to have a single digit IQ to listen to Joe Rogan and not understand that testosterone replacement is the biggest reason for his physique at 55+ years old.

I think it's totally unnecessary for him to caveat all food or diet or health advice with "oh I take TRT" he's already made that super clear.
Yah, I don't agree

Because that is not my central complaint, it is that Joe Rogan actively makes up ******** about the therapeutic effect of the non-TRT health inventions you do

It is not like Rogan presents these things as having a marginal effect on a man taking TRT, but

Joe just doesn't say Elk meat is good for you. He said **** like eating it will increase your vitality because of how Elk live in nature. Basically, because of "vibes" your test will increase from Elk meat. That is what I have a problem with, that sort of ****

You are stripping the context of how he presents stuff.

And yeah, he has millions of listeners, there was dudes on Reddit talking about they bought Elk meat because of Joe's recommendation, he was pushing Alpha Brain like it was roids for the brain and probably made a ton of money. Like this low IQ thing is weird. A lot of highly intelligent people fall for snake oil salesmen. Just seems like a way to dismiss concerns of Rogan's influence, nothing more.

He doesn't need to give a TRT disclaimer, but there are tons of medical professionals that talk about eating organic meats and supplements in a non-pseudoscience way. That says people will see a long-term benefit on the margin, not have his powerful therapeutic effect. But Rogan doesn't measure his claims, and he had a profit motive to act in that way.

So yeah, I think being a snake oil salesman is bad. If you see it differently, then cool, we disagree.

The issue it’s pseudo science mumbo jumbo. Which is what Rusty was alluding to with Liver King and Rogan.

None of these folks are doctors, certified trainers, dietitians, nutritionists, etc. It’s all internet mumbo jumbo.

I give that Plates More Dates guy credit. He seems to know a lot about supplements, working out, etc. But that’s mainly from his exposure and experience.

someone saying for example "elk meat is good for you" is not a claim that I would classify as "pseudoscience"

wild meat is leaner from what I understand, might have less exposure and antibiotics than factory raised meat.
so it saying it's healthy seems reasonable.

In general I don't think we know nearly enough about diet and the human body to make strong about claims about most things.

literature about what is and isn't healthy is constantly changing.

again I don't listen to tons of Rogan, if you have a more specific bad supplement he's endorsed sure, but I think hes diff than the liver king

At what point do we put the blame on the consumers. If you are ingesting something into your body you should probably get a little information on it whether it's from an internet person or a "credited" source. This trying to fool prrof the world gotta stop, some people are gullible & are gonna get taken advantage of it just is what it is.

we spend billions upon billions marketing products, ideas, lifestyles that aren't really beneficial to people. That is never going to change, people bending the truth for profit is never going to change. the onus has gotta be on the person being influenced by the marketing at some point.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh is this him just simply saying Elk meat is good for you?

Or him claiming that people get an instant therapeutic effect from ingesting it. Which there is zero scientific evidence supporting this claim.

Because I have an issue with the latter, not the former

someone saying for example "elk meat is good for you" is not a claim that I would classify as "pseudoscience"

wild meat is leaner from what I understand, might have less exposure and antibiotics than factory raised meat.
so it saying it's healthy seems reasonable.

In general I don't think we know nearly enough about diet and the human body to make strong about claims about most things.

literature about what is and isn't healthy is constantly changing.

again I don't listen to tons of Rogan, if you have a more specific bad supplement he's endorsed sure, but I think hes diff than the liver king
Rusty just have an example. Alphabrain.

Bro, he literally used to push his Onnit stuff all the time on his podcast. Worse, he pawned it off as an advertising partner when it was his own supplement company.

Bro, the supplement industry is hardly regulated.

And again, I’m not saying deer, elk or whatever doesn’t have benefit. But then why ain’t they farming it like cows, pigs, etc? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Rogan and most of these folks are snake oil salesmen and pseudo intellectual neurologists.

At what point do we put the blame on the consumers. If you are ingesting something into your body you should probably get a little information on it whether it's from an internet person or a "credited" source. This trying to fool prrof the world gotta stop, some people are gullible & are gonna get taken advantage of it just is what it is.

we spend billions upon billions marketing products, ideas, lifestyles that aren't really beneficial to people. That is never going to change, people bending the truth for profit is never going to change. the onus has gotta be on the person being influenced by the marketing at some point.
There aren’t enough consumer protections. And supplement industry isn’t properly regulated.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh is this him just simply saying Elk meat is good for you?

Or him claiming that people get an instant therapeutic effect from ingesting it. Which there is zero scientific evidence supporting this claim.

Because I have an issue with the latter, not the former

Yah id have to see more of the conversation
This doesn't sound to me like a dude making a scientific claim about the benefits of elk meat.

but rather a dude talking in emotional terms on about eating wild meat.

I wouldn't classify this as "pseudoscience" or snake oil.

wild game is leaner, does have less exposure to antibiotics.

I don't think the people who sold Elk meat on recommendation of Joe Rogan have been sold "snake oil" unless you have clip of more specific scientific claims.

Bro, he literally used to push his Onnit stuff all the time on his podcast. Worse, he pawned it off as an advertising partner when it was his own supplement company.

And again, I’m not saying deer, elk or whatever doesn’t have benefit. But then why ain’t they farming it like cows, pigs, etc? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Rogan and most of these folks are snake oil salesmen and pseudo intellectual neurologists.

There aren’t enough consumer protections. And supplement industry isn’t properly regulated.

That's my thing how much consumer protection do we need, before people start realizing that their health & well being is on THEM. we gotten to this point in society where we take all the accountability off the individual and always want to pass along blame

So yes i'm sure that industry is in need of some form of regulation, but people have got to do more research into the stuff they ingest into their body & the people they're blindly following.

Yah id have to see more of the conversation
This doesn't sound to me like a dude making a scientific claim about the benefits of elk meat.

but rather a dude talking in emotional terms on about eating wild meat.

I wouldn't classify this as "pseudoscience" or snake oil.

wild game is leaner, does have less exposure to antibiotics.

I don't think the people who sold Elk meat on recommendation of Joe Rogan have been sold "snake oil" unless you have clip of more specific scientific claims.
:lol: :lol:

He is not just talking about his own experience eating it. He takes it further and says other people experience and instant effect of a specific type of meat.

But whatever man.

At least stop acting like all he says is "elk meat is good", and that is why I have an issue with him.

Last edited:

my point, is being on TRT and recommending supplements, I don't see that as problematic.

were the onnit supplements, fake or bad quality. I need more than he promoted supplements,
I just don't see that as inherently problematic.

if he was unclear about his relationship to the company thats I might agree with that.

...because then it would no longer be wild game? he says it in the clip? running around escaping from predators ect = better meat.

If your claim is the entire supplement industry is problematic, I totally agree. Most of these things have very limited evidence behind them. but not quite the same as saying it's "definitely" snake oil.

That's my thing how much consumer protection do we need, before people start realizing that their health & well being is on THEM. we gotten to this point in society where we take all the accountability off the individual and always want to pass along blame

So yes i'm sure that industry is in need of some form of regulation, but people have got to do more research into the stuff they ingest into their body & the people they're blindly following.
People are naive. Ignorant.

It’s like hey I’m impoverished, making ends meet, have 0 financial literacy. Some financial obligation came up. Get a pay day loan. High interest loan. Predatory practices. Yadda, yadda. Should I have the attitude that the person seeking the loan should know better? 🤷🏽‍♂️

This country is odd in that regards. It seems like everything is against the normal Joe Schmo. And most of the laws favor large corporations versus the consumer.

They could outlaw the bs. Naw. Let shiesters continue selling their snake oil. It’s the American Way.

A lot of Joe Rogan types are simply the inverse of the woo woo crunchy organic vegan types.

the type of people who make claims of feeling more connected to the earth because they eat all organic food grown in their personal garden ect ect.

If that person goes around touting how connected the earth they feel because they only eat squash grown in Himalayan's whatever

and they recommend that to you
and they really truly believe it...

would you classify them as a snake oil salesmen?
I don't even really classify the Liver King as one totally.
because he seemed to really believe in his protocol.

snake oil to me, is someone who knows what he's selling is BS, but pushes it anyways.

Back
Top Bottom