Joe Rogan Podcast

WTF would you think of Kanye when someone mentions not supporting full censorship :lol:.

Dudes will push for this then be the same ones crying when someone they support in being silenced or info is being subdued.

I know black people history in this country with censorship :lol: & people from the outside reshaping narratives as "dangerous thought"..... This happens to someone of Joe Rogans current influence & it absolutely going to trickle down to smaller platforms & anyone who doesn't appease a certain mindset.
:lol: :lol:

First they came for Joe Rogan, and I did not speak out—because I was not a JRE fanboy
Then they came for Brillant Idiots, and I did not speak out— because I was not interested in anything those two have to say
Then they came for Rory and Mal, and I did not speak out --- because I think they are better with Joe Budden
Then they came for my weekly 15-viewer Twitch live stream, and there was no one left to speak for me.

Last edited:
Haven't really enjoyed Tool since Lateralus. 10k Days didn't do it for me, and their new record wasn't all that either.

I never liked tool but for some reason it came up in here. :lol:

Got some everytime I die playing now though. :pimp:

Gotta be punk or hardcore for me.

When I see a blue line flag in somewhere.

1643936755364.gif

Also what is the logical result of these artist protesting? do they actually believe that Spotify is going to fold on someone they just gave a 100 million too (which we could only imagine how much they see off that deal)

If Spotify does surprisingly release him...... Do they think the same fanbase that they claim is so sheepish & easy to influence isn't going to follow him to another platform?? are his ideologies not gonna be discussed all over social media, are they going to erase all video off the internet??

Company been openly robbing artist for years & manipulating the music industry.... But Joe Rogan speech is where artist draw the line :lol::lol:

WTF would you think of Kanye when someone mentions not supporting full censorship :lol:.

Dudes will push for this then be the same ones crying when someone they support in being silenced or info is being subdued.

I know black people history in this country with censorship :lol: & people from the outside reshaping narratives as "dangerous thought"..... This happens to someone of Joe Rogans current influence & it absolutely going to trickle down to smaller platforms & anyone who doesn't appease a certain mindset.
hit dog hollers

like clockwork

hit dog hollers

like clockwork

Nah it just that everytime you address me it's some weird **** about Kanye attached like clockwork..... I see you in Kanye threads complaining about people liking Kanye ..... Like clockwork :lol:

but blessings to ya fam

Literally as i typed this you go to the Kanye thread to quote something i said in there.... Ya'll dudes are something else on this site :rofl:

Nah it just that everytime you address me it's some weird **** about Kanye attached like clockwork..... I see you in Kanye threads complaining about people liking Kanye ..... Like clockwork :lol:

but blessings to ya fam

Literally as i typed this you go to the Kanye thread to quote something i said in there.... Ya'll dudes are something else on this site :rofl:
so you are the spokesperson for kanye stans now? cause i didn't address you. but you hollered!
and i went in the kanye thread for more lulz but there you were with your cape on again. like clockwork

so you are the spokesperson for kanye stans now? cause i didn't address you. but you hollered!
and i went in the kanye thread for more lulz but there you were with your cape on again. like clockwork

Fam you have 5 Pages worth of replies in ONE Kanye thread, You are a stan you just don't know it :lol:

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink isnt this censorship too?

To an extent yes, But he's not asking that Drill rappers no longer release music. He's not asking that Hot 97 as a whole stops playing drill music.... He decided that he can't support certain songs because of gang affiliation.

If Spotify or Apple came out tomorrow & said they were no longer supporting any drill music, i would have a completely different tune because i know the snowball of ramications that will come from that, compared to a singular rotation DJ on one station.

Last edited:

The "has anyone ever really been canceled??"

has to be one the dumbest most consistently disingenuous counter arguments to complaints about speech politics. :lol:

the only way to think of this as a reasonable counter argument
is to purposefully miss the entire point.

but everyday another person pulls this out like it's the big joker.

if you think the way our culture works now is good when it comes to speech, culture and art
that's fine, I can understand how someone might come to that conclusion.

but try, I swear just try to understand that
a good faith person can come to a different conclusion on these matters.

without being like a neo conservative reactionary, some covert bigot

or like just totally disconnected from reality and are hallucinating
very obvious changes in culture and socitey.
:lol:

Last edited:
The "has anyone ever really been canceled??"

has to be one the dumbest most consistently disingenuous counter arguments to complaints about speech politics. :lol:

the only way to think of this as a reasonable counter argument
is to purposefully miss the entire point.

but everyday another person pulls this out like it's the big joker.

if you think the way our culture works now is good when it comes to speech, culture and art
that's fine, I can understand how someone might come to that conclusion.

but try, I swear just try to understand that
a good faith person can come to a different conclusion on these matters.

without being like a neo conservative reactionary, some covert bigot

or like just totally disconnected from reality and are hallucinating
very obvious changes in culture and socitey. :lol:

As hard as it is to believe I'm trying communicate my ideas in a constructive way

But If I failed to do so that's on me.

I'm trying but I swear this "hAs anYonE rEalLy beEn canCeLed"

gets brought up every. single. time.
No matter how many times people explain their position. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. :lol:

But I an effort to do better I will edit out the more inflammatory parts.

Okay let me try again and explain why this "no one has ever been cancelled" thing
is so unconvincing to people who take a different position on this stuff.

When I complain about speech politics or "cancel culture" (a very imprecise and annoying term)

I am referring to an in group dynamic where usually elite actors use
peer pressure, shunning, and call outs to enforce and increasingly narrow range of discourse and artistic expression.

This can happen in conservative spaces and progressive spaces.

Joe Rogan cannot be canceled he is simply too popular,
if he were banned from Spotify
MORE people would have access to him not less.

so if powerful people are willing to utilize their influence to try to supress or ban Joe Rogan from a platform
in a totally kamikaze and ineffectual way

what impact does that have on the 99.9999% of people less powerful that Joe Rogan?

It creates a chilling effect that I think leads to flatter, less vibrant artistic culture.
and it allows brittle, sloppy thinking to take root.

now it's totally understandable if you think that's a fair trade,
and it will lead to more just and equitable, society or maybe you think it leads to better art ect.

but try to understand people aren't just imagining things, and that there is good faith disagreement
that isn't just longing for the days of overt bigotry.

I'm trying but I swear this "hAs anYonE rEalLy beEn canCeLed"

gets brought up every. single. time.
No matter how many times people explain their position. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. :lol:

But I an effort to do better I will edit out the more inflammatory parts.

You can leave the more inflammatory parts if you would like. If you feel that more accurately represents your views.

But since you take issue with how so many people categorize your behavior on NT, then dude, stuff like that is why.

Was the tweet directed to you, or someone that holds the same views you do?

Even if we are talking about your specific concerns. And you think the original tweet is bad. Are we ignoring the answer to the question that was asked?

There are a ton of bad faith critics of left speech codes that act in completely bad faith too (people who Rogan unsurprisingly praise and welcome to his show). So it is interesting that one of the most famous examples of using cultural power to suppress speech and make people pay for their violation of certain speech codes was done by conservatives on a group of women that ended up being right about what Bush did.

Yet this tweet by a video game YouTuber, seemingly unmotivated by someone else's comment, is a jumping-off point for another rant about people you don't like

Like ok dude. What is someone even supposed to do with that

Last edited:
Okay let me try again and explain why this "no one has ever been cancelled" thing
is so unconvincing to people who take a different position on this stuff.

When I complain about speech politics or "cancel culture" (a very imprecise and annoying term)

I am referring to an in group dynamic where usually elite actors use
peer pressure, shunning, and call outs to enforce and increasingly narrow range of discourse and artistic expression.

This can happen in conservative spaces and progressive spaces.

Joe Rogan cannot be canceled he is simply too popular,
if he were banned from Spotify
MORE people would have access to him not less.

so if powerful people are willing to utilize their influence to try to supress or ban Joe Rogan from a platform
in a totally kamikaze and ineffectual way

what impact does that have on the 99.9999% of people less powerful that Joe Rogan?

It creates a chilling effect that I think leads to flatter, less vibrant artistic culture.
and it allows brittle, sloppy thinking to take root.

now it's totally understandable if you think that's a fair trade,
and it will lead to more just and equitable, society or maybe you think it leads to better art ect.

but try to understand people aren't just imagining things, and that there is good faith disagreement
that isn't just longing for the days of overt bigotry.
giphy.gif

I'm not touching this

Be well famb :lol:

Last edited:
You can leave the more inflammatory parts if you would like. If you feel that more accurately represents your views.

But since you take issue with how so many people categorize your behavior on NT, then dude, stuff like that is why.

Was the tweet directed to you, or someone that holds the same views you do?

Even if we are talking about your specific concerns. And you think the original tweet is bad. Are we ignoring the answer to the question that was asked?

the point of the tweet unless im reading it wrong is

"no one has ever really been canceled except for this famous conservative cancelling of the dixie chicks. "

therefore complaints about "cancelling" in progressives are fake.

the dixie chicks were absolutely canceled.
in country music. the one cultural space where conservatives have the dominant position

hence why stated both progressives and conservatives engage in this.

There are a ton of bad faith critics of left speech codes that act in completely bad faith too (people who Rogan unsurprisingly praise and welcome to his show). So it is interesting that one of the most famous examples of using cultural power to suppress speech and make people pay for their violation of certain speech codes was done by conservatives on a group of women that ended up being right about what Bush did.

Yet this tweet by a video game YouTuber, seemingly unmotivated by someone else's comment, is a jumping-off point for another rant about people you don't like

I don't know what makes this a rant, any more than any other opinion any one else posts.
Is wavy just ranting about Joe Rogan a person he doesn't like
are you just posting rants about Joe Manchin a person you don't like

what separates rants from opinions on sneaker forums?

the point of the tweet unless im reading it wrong is

"no one has ever really been canceled except for this famous conservative cancelling of the dixie chicks. "

therefore complaints about "cancelling" in progressives are fake.

the dixie chicks were absolutely canceled.
in country music. the one cultural space where conservatives have the dominant position

I don't know what makes this a rant, any more than any other opinion any one else posts.
Is wavy just ranting about Joe Rogan a person he doesn't like
are you just posting rants about Joe Manchin a person you don't like

what separates rants from opinions on sneaker forums?
-If someone did this level on mind-reading on you, or someone you were defending, you would have a massive issue. Like you would pretty much dismiss it

There are two tweets also. A question and response. You are somehow combining the two here in a strange way.

-Wavy is ranting about Joe Rogan, for a specific reason, for specific actions

-I do rant about Joe Manchin for specific things

-You just went off because you felt a tweet was attacking your position and claimed a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't even appear in the tweet

So I just rant way. But I feel there is a difference as to what motivates your rant vs other people's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom