John Elliott + Co Thread

Just impulse bought a pair of neros. Would have preferred a pair without blowouts, but we'll see when they come in.

I was contemplating getting them myself but I just got a pair of Hanoi and I'm planning on getting a pair of Plumas next week. 3 pair of Knee Blowouts would be overboard imo. Now if they come out with a white pair I would def reconsider. We need some Black skittles ASAP though. Winter is coming

knee blowouts are just an overplayed fad right now. easy pass on neros the first time. easy pass this time.

Anyone in here acutally cop any of the JE x GAP stuff? Don't see too many folks in here that did.
Grabbed the zip hoodies at 40% off.  Size is true to Gap sizing, 1 size down from JE sizing.

Last edited:
I disagree with the size down one from JE size on the Gap items. I tried on the Clay dual zip hoodie in store and it was very much TTS on me. I'm 5'10" 145lbs and the M was perfect, S was entirely too tight. For reference, I wear a M in villain hoodies/flash dual zips and S in the kake & oversized cropped hoodies.

Tried the LS curved hem tee in S and M as well. Ended up buying the M, the employee let me get it for 25% off. The S fit nicely in store, but the M is perfect now after washing and drying on the delicate/low heat cycle.

^ I haven't washed mine yet, I didn't consider shrinkage. I'm 6'2 200lbs and the L fits perfect (any shrinkage and it's a wrap though).  I also have the xl but it looks a bit sloppy in certain parts.  Now you've got me wondering if I should keep the xl instead.

Last edited:
knee blowouts are just an overplayed fad right now. easy pass on neros the first time. easy pass this time.
I had them in my cart, thought about the blowouts, then walked away. It's funny how long I waited and wanted these then said no. I really just want a dry black finish with no blowouts. 

Only six pairs of size 33 left I think online as of 12:20 PST.

^ I haven't washed mine yet, I didn't consider shrinkage. I'm 6'2 200lbs and the L fits perfect (any shrinkage and it's a wrap though).  I also have the xl but it looks a bit sloppy in certain parts.  Now you've got me wondering if I should keep the xl instead.
Just wash cold/delicate and hang dry, it won't shrink.

Last edited:
I kind of agree. I work downtown near the GSU campus and on my lunch break today i saw 3 guys with a black pair of knee blowouts. I probably stepped out for all of 30 minutes.

At the end of the day it's a Gap tee with a JE inspired cut, personally I'm not going out of my way to hang dry it - which is why I got the M. It fits perfectly now after the cold wash and delicate dry cycle, better than the S did in store - tad bit more length and drape to the M without looking sloppy at all.

^ yeah, I'm not too worried about the tees.  I'm more concerned about the hoodie because the fit is spot on.  I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the L though. If I ever accidentally dry it on a high setting, I'll just have to keep it unzipped when i wear it lol

Last edited:
There is a instagram pic floating around Of JE himself wearing a pair that has been posted on Styleforum on more than one occasion

i saw that. they have raw hems but are they really a black skittles denim? 

seems to be very hard to execute that nicely

never saw black skittles on SF, just the black raw hem JE has been seen in. I agree it would be difficult to get the blue/red hues to show on black denim.

got my oak bomber delivered just now and I really recommend it. the fit is perfect.

anyone else pick it up?  would love to see personal pics of the alpine. 

Im most likely going to get the black one

got my oak bomber delivered just now and I really recommend it. the fit is perfect.

anyone else pick it up?  would love to see personal pics of the alpine. 
Im most likely going to get the black one

i went with the black. I'm going with the alpine next. Love them. Perfect fit and plush as hell. Used a 20% off coupon JE gave to me because they were delayed with getting me the Sashiko shirt, which i ended up returning. That damn shirt cost about what the bomber cost :smh:

I knew i should have also copped the alpine while i had that coupon.

yeah they all look good...alpine looks great too. i honestly want all 3

go to notre-shop.com if you want to see the alpine in its accurate color

Last edited:
:x The leather bomber dropping Tuesday is serious. Depending on price, might pick up.

Also hope JE permanently moves its release dates to Tues/Thurs. Much more convenient, Monday always hectic at the office.

sick.gif
The leather bomber dropping Tuesday is serious. Depending on price, might pick up.

Also hope JE permanently moves its release dates to Tues/Thurs. Much more convenient, Monday always hectic at the office.
definitely going to be 1600+ for the rider 

i would assume the same for the stadium jacket. 

Back
Top Bottom