John Salley On Michael Jordan! "He's Not The Greatest Player Ever"

The media is so political its like like MJ is God, & saying anyone is better is the cardinal sin

On many occasions Stephen A Smith has said Lebron is better than Jordan w/o going straight out and saying, Salley tired of not speaking his mind

Even Scottie Pippen said it, and then later had to change his words up because everybody went at him with an 'ax" like it's clear as day Lebron is better, & it was clear as day when Kobe was in his prime that the apprentice surpassed his master

imagine a Kobe Bryant that never got a rape charge? Come' on Son

lol yea jordan is just a marketing gimmick.. i wish your fathers hadn't left your mothers and raised u properly. kids are wild as fk these days
 Came from a home w/ mother & father and grew up in Jordan era ... he not that nice

yea u typing that but u aint saying who you think is better... please dont say lebron... 2-0-2-2 in the 4th lebron.... 17.8 ppg in the games biggest stage lebron

dont say kobe aka shaq's sidekick either

it aint magic, it aint bird. and it def aint anybody that played in the 50s and 60s

and if you say jr smith im throwing my mac out the window 

The media is so political its like like MJ is God, & saying anyone is better is the cardinal sin

On many occasions Stephen A Smith has said Lebron is better than Jordan w/o going straight out and saying, Salley tired of not speaking his mind

Even Scottie Pippen said it, and then later had to change his words up because everybody went at him with an 'ax" like it's clear as day Lebron is better, & it was clear as day when Kobe was in his prime that the apprentice surpassed his master

oh, you mean the same Stephan A Smith that said in no uncertain terms Jordan is the best player he's EVER seen the day after the 2012 nba finals ended? that Stephen A Smith said it? oh ok

yea, troll away holmes. 

your entire argument using what other people say as proof of your claims is a logical fallacy aka argumentum ad verecundiam, aka google it if you dont know it. 

dudes lying making things up, with more holes in ur logic than swiss cheese. 

knock it off. LOL @ kobe being better than jordan. how many years was Jordan someone else's sidekick? stop it. right now

14 months ago Lebron was getting outplayed on the game's biggest stage by Jason Terry and Shawn Marion.

He's best player in the game but I still think a real good coach can expose flaws in his game with the right personnel.

14 months ago Lebron was getting outplayed on the game's biggest stage by Jason Terry and Shawn Marion.
He's best player in the game but I still think a real good coach can expose flaws in his game with the right personnel.
jason. terry. 

out played

and outscored

lebron

in the nba finals. 

glad im not the only one who remembers last summer

You disagree with that? You really don't think this Lebron James wouldn't be statistically amazing in those early 80's and what not? Really?
:lol i'm out.
You say LBJ guard 1-5 and then say he would be statistically better then MJ if he played in the same era. There no need to debate with you any further, but if you could please answer how old are you?

The Lebron fans don't wanna remember the 2011 finals 2-0-2-2 that's your complete player ok....Mavs '11 was the most softest finals team ever EVER! I mean I've never seen someone disappear like that on the big stage 8 9yrs in the league he didn't have a choice to show up this season it's over ok a new season is in sight...and the way the league is shaping up you should ask yourself can he do it again that's real question....And ofcourse if MJ hadn't retired in 93' you don't think they could of won 2 more chips...some of y'all must of not been born yet I swear

You say LBJ guard 1-5 and then say he would be statistically better then MJ if he played in the same era. There no need to debate with you any further, but if you could please answer how old are you?

A young 35 years of age.

from 1984 - 1998

jordan scored 29,277 pts... after playing only 16 games his sophomore season because of a broken foot

and playing only 17 games in 94-95 when he came back from baseball. so in  it was a span of about 11-11.5 years

kobe JUST NOW scored more than jordan did in 11.5 years (29,484), but it took him 16 years to do it.

y'all were in pampers when this happened too right:

QUITTER

I'M NOT TROLLING

I just feel people need to open their eyes & see the game for what it is

smh... "take that wall down" ...we KNOW Jordan "revolutionized" the game... the dude was super mentally tough, I understand he didn't have what players these days have, skill work, training..etc..so b/c of what he had to do to get it,makes him extraordinary, he was a competitor..he came up in a era that was "tougher"  the dudes accolades are legendary, dude dominated his era better than anyone has in any sports EVER.. dude was a winner, dude was great, I respect it;

It depends on what you feel makes "so & so" a better player

I'm personally big on skill & overall talent; some folks are bigger on mentality

but the argument is whose "better" as a individual player & its undeniable that

Lebron is better, Kobe is better(skillwise, talent wise) ..s*** Durant

Players paid more now, technology is better, they have more opportunities, that's why the league as a whole is just more talented

Thats why you need several superstars to win the big one now, as opposed to the past

yea u typing that but u aint saying who you think is better... please dont say lebron... 2-0-2-2 in the 4th lebron.... 17.8 ppg in the games biggest stage lebron

dont say kobe aka shaq's sidekick either

it aint magic, it aint bird. and it def aint anybody that played in the 50s and 60s

and if you say jr smith im throwing my mac out the window 
 Stop it five

I wont say Jordan was a sidekick but no one has had a supporting cast like he did. I mean people give Lebron hell for going to Miami but even there he will never have the peices that Jordan had, no one will. And please don't get things twisted, just because I mentioned Lebron does not mean I am a fan nor do I think he is the best...

Why is magic considered better than kareem?

I always take the center over a point guard

Lol.....wut!?

Stop it five

I wont say Jordan was a sidekick but no one has had a supporting cast like he did. I mean people give Lebron hell for going to Miami but even there he will never have the peices that Jordan had, no one will. And please don't get things twisted, just because I mentioned Lebron does not mean I am a fan nor do I think he is the best...
aside from pippen how many 'premier' players did jordan play with dude.. lmao @ nobody had the pieces that jordan had.. you're on bath salts and you're trolling me hard and i hate this moment in my life and resent you for doing this to me. 

larry bird played with dj (hall of famer), parish (hall of famer), mchale (hall of famer), bill walton (hall of famer) and bird himself is a hall of famer

how many hall of famers was jordan playing with for first 3 championships? BILL CARTWRIGHT!?!?! bill perdue?!?!?

kobe was shaq's sidekick, and shaq is "only" top 3 centers ever. then he got gasol as a gift after his whining when the lakers stole him from memphis, and gasol was "only" one of the premier big men in the league along with lamar odom.. and andrew bynum was "only" top 2 centers last several seasons

dwade must not be as good as craig hodges i guess.. yea ur right.. and chris bosh is CRAP compared to stacey king. 

stop the trolling its ruining my life

I mean I've never seen someone disappear like that on the big stage 8 9yrs in the league

Look at your avatar and remember the 2004 finals.

Here's a list of players Kobe was outplayed by in a finals:

Austin Croshere
Jalen Rose
Reggie Miller
Rip Hamilton
Chauncey Billups
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce

LOL @ the 2011 Mavs being the softest finals team ever. They're not even the fifth worst finals team in the previous decade. The 2009 Magic, 2007 Cavs, 2006 Mavs, 2002 and 2003 Nets were all easily worse.

The fact is that LeBron's 2011 finals was less bad than his 2012 finals/playoffs were good.

17.8 on .478 shooting
7.2 rebounds
6.8 assists
1.7 steals
0.5 blocks

Finals MVPs (plural) have been won on worse statlines, but it looks bad and gets exploited by you Skip Brainless wannabes because he lost.

Watch this video from the 2:50 mark, Mark Cuban has already exposed you clowns:

"LeBron actually played it right more often than not. He made the right pass to the right guy who didn't make the right play. And that's exactly what we wanted."

Could he have taken the Kobe 2004 finals approach and throw a million horrible shots that had no chance of going in? Of course he could, like he was forced to do in the 2007 finals. But in 2011 he had a supporting cast where he tried to pass the ball more. It obviously didn't work out.

On the other hand, LeBron's 2012 playoffs are arguably the best ever, EVER in terms of consistency.

His worst game over the entire playoffs:
22 points (10-22), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 0 blocks, 4 turnovers

His lowest scoring game over the entire playoffs:
19 points (8-18), 7 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, 0 blocks, 0 turnovers

And these two games are from the second and first rounds. He had one game where he shot under 43% over the entire playoffs. And keep in mind, his playoffs were pretty long with 23 games. He also became the first player ever with 650 points, 200 rebounds and 100 assists over the playoffs. But keep focusing on the 2011 finals, like 2012 never happened. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. LeBron at 27 has better credentials than Jordan at 27, who still didn't have a ring:

The image is slightly outdated and LeBron's titles should be changed to 1 and finals appearances to 3. Does that mean that he will surpass Jordan when their careers are over? I'm leaning towards no, but in the end, unlike Kobe LeBron is still a different type of player than Jordan so they shouldn't be directly compared.

I'M NOT TROLLING

I just feel people need to open their eyes & see the game for what it is

smh... "take that wall down" ...we KNOW Jordan "revolutionized" the game... the dude was super mentally tough, I understand he didn't have what players these days have, skill work, training..etc..so b/c of what he had to do to get it,makes him extraordinary, he was a competitor..he came up in a era that was "tougher"  the dudes accolades are legendary, dude dominated his era better than anyone has in any sports EVER.. dude was a winner, dude was great, I respect it;

It depends on what you feel makes "so & so" a better player

I'm personally big on skill & overall talent; some folks are bigger on mentality

but the argument is whose "better" as a individual player & its undeniable that

Lebron is better, Kobe is better(skillwise, talent wise) ..s*** Durant

Players paid more now, technology is better, they have more opportunities, that's why the league as a whole is just more talented

Thats why you need several superstars to win the big one now, as opposed to the past
this dude's trolling hardbody... 

first he says "Lebron has affected the game more than ANYBODY EVER"

the "ever" in his statement being the word that encompasses every other player in league history

but when i tell him how Jordan dominated offensively and defensively and that its not close on either end he says "I dont care about stats!"

well how do you compare players einstein? ignore their stats and go on who makes you feel nice and warm inside? how do you measure this 'affect' lebron has? 

i guess FACTS like jordan winning defensive player of the year AND scoring title in 1 year doesnt matter right... and its just a matter of "feelings" now

facts like jordan being the FIRST player to ever record >200 steals and >100 blocks in a season... and how lebrons never gotten close to 100 blocks in any season his entire career

stop it at once i beseech you

Stop it five

No player Michael Jordan ever played with did a damn thing as the best player on a team.

Came from a home w/ mother & father and grew up in Jordan era ... he not that nice

HE'S NOT THAT NICE?!?!....what are y'all smoking on son, seriously man some of the comments you and shoeking been saying got me wondering were y'all in diapers when the GOAT was hooping I'm lost....Chill y'all cats trolling!

Why is magic considered better than kareem?
I always take the center over a point guard

they always take the guard over the center look at shaq and kobe. When Shaq was the man people were like Kobe's the greatest. No way would Kobe get the open looks he got if Shaq (or Pau/Bynum/Howard) weren't around. Didn't Scottie Pippen say Jordan wasn't the greatest either? He was saying LeBron was.

Look at your avatar and remember the 2004 finals.
Here's a list of players Kobe was outplayed by in a finals:
Austin Croshere
Jalen Rose
Reggie Miller
Rip Hamilton
Chauncey Billups
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
LOL @ the 2011 Mavs being the softest finals team ever. They're not even the fifth worst finals team in the previous decade. The 2009 Magic, 2007 Cavs, 2006 Mavs, 2002 and 2003 Nets were all easily worse.
The fact is that LeBron's 2011 finals was less bad than his 2012 finals/playoffs were good.
17.8 on .478 shooting
7.2 rebounds
6.8 assists
1.7 steals
0.5 blocks
Finals MVPs (plural) have been won on worse statlines, but it looks bad and gets exploited by you Skip Brainless wannabes because he lost.
Watch this video from the 2:50 mark, Mark Cuban has already exposed you clowns:[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]"LeBron actually played it right more often than not. He made the right pass to the right guy who didn't make the right play. And that's exactly what we wanted."
Could he have taken the Kobe 2004 finals approach and throw a million horrible shots that had no chance of going in? Of course he could, like he was forced to do in the 2007 finals. But in 2011 he had a supporting cast where he tried to pass the ball more. It obviously didn't work out.
On the other hand, LeBron's 2012 playoffs are arguably the best ever, EVER in terms of consistency.
His worst game over the entire playoffs:
22 points (10-22), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 0 blocks, 4 turnovers
His lowest scoring game over the entire playoffs:
19 points (8-18), 7 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, 0 blocks, 0 turnovers
And these two games are from the second and first rounds. He had one game where he shot under 43% over the entire playoffs. And keep in mind, his playoffs were pretty long with 23 games. He also became the first player ever with 650 points, 200 rebounds and 100 assists over the playoffs. But keep focusing on the 2011 finals, like 2012 never happened. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. LeBron at 27 has better credentials than Jordan at 27, who still didn't have a ring:

The image is slightly outdated and LeBron's titles should be changed to 1 and finals appearances to 3. Does that mean that he will surpass Jordan when their careers are over? I'm leaning towards no, but in the end, unlike Kobe LeBron is still a different type of player than Jordan so they shouldn't be directly compared.

whats all that typing for... i never said the 11 mavs were the worse team in the league, reading comprehension is key holmes k-12  schooling should've held you down in that department

the 11 mavs ARE THE SOFTEST TEAM IN NBA FINALS GOING BACK AT LEAST 30 YEARS. 

not the worse

the SOFTEST

the nets werent softer, neither was orlando or the old as,s pacers. they were the softest and clear underdogs

secondly, LMAO @ defending lebrons sorry stat line

lebron's scoring went down 8.9 points. HIS SCORING WENT DOWN 8.9 POINTS.

HIS. SCORING. IN. THE. FINALS. WAS. LOWER. ALMOST. 9. POINTS. FROM. THE. REGULAR. SEASON.

"rising to the occassion" means playing up to the moment... and he clearly didnt. 

but yea go ahead and defend how lebrons whole stat line, scoring-rebounding-assists were all down from the regular season. 

i guess it was that sweltering, steel curtain defense and brutal defenders the mavs had last year. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom