John Stockton was the best nba player to ever live

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by Air273

then why couldnt he win a ring with one of the best PFs of all time and a great coach?

michael jordan and scottie pippen is the answer

*looks at thread title* so you're saying at least 1 person was better?
grin.gif
grin.gif

I loved that Jazz team back in the day, and both Stockton & Malone were 2 of my favorite players (along with Shawn Kemp),
but your "I haven't seen much footage on Utah" makes me feel like I'm wasting a post.

The funny thing is Stockton & Malone would run that pick & roll (which is the easiest play to run) to perfection. No one could stop it. Once the Mailman made that cut to the basket, no one could stop him from getting to the basket. He was so big, strong, & fast.

Watching Stockton get some burn with the Dream Team was fire. Some of the best fast breaks I've ever seen.

Personally, I know people got mad love for Magic and everything, but if I have to take one Point Guard, I'm taking John Stockton over every single other player, ever.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Personally, I know people got mad love for Magic and everything, but if I have to take one Point Guard, I'm taking John Stockton over every single other player, ever.

that's why i made this post, this is what i believe. and people took my "i havent watched much jazz basketball wrong",....i didn't see them when they were still in action day in and day out. youtube...

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

So much emphasis on what a smart cerebral guy Stockton was and what a dumb brute Malone was. I don't like it.
Malone is a redneck, moron though so I can't see how you can be mad about that...

he was just too small to be what he could have really been which would be possibly the goat.
if he was 6'4" with the same skills.... that shhh cray.
remember everyone was like crazy tall at that time in the nba.
its the shortest today than its ever been.
every team had a 7 foot center damn near lol.

What??? What's even worse is I come into this thread and then you say he's best based on STATS? Are you kidding me? His best seasons statistically were during the days when Magic was still playing and Magic's stats crush Stockton's. And it gets even worse if you compare their playoff stats. And this is just Magic, if we were to compare Stockton's and Jordan's stats, Stockton would get demolished. Stockton was not better than Isiah Thomas.

True, his longevity has a lot to do with it too - but that wasn't just down to luck. He was a monster in the weight room (although obviously for a little white guy) and clearly looked after himself - but it also has a lot to do with toughness.

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

Better than Nash? Yes
Best ever? Not hardly
He wasnt even the best pg of his era. I'd take Payton and Kidd.
Head-to-head, Payton made Stockton look foolish, but Stockton was a better pure point guard. I'd take Stockton's ability to morph from facilitator to scoring machine any day...although that 1996 WCF...man, Payton destroyed him. That was just absurd.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

What??? What's even worse is I come into this thread and then you say he's best based on STATS? Are you kidding me? His best seasons statistically were during the days when Magic was still playing and Magic's stats crush Stockton's. And it gets even worse if you compare their playoff stats. And this is just Magic, if we were to compare Stockton's and Jordan's stats, Stockton would get demolished. Stockton was not better than Isiah Thomas.

This. And All Of This.

I also co-sign J Kidd over him as well.  JK in his prime could run a team just as efficiently also gave you the steals & points John put up.  However he could board like a forward and play lock down defense on 1 & 2's.

I'm going Magic, Kidd, then Stockton

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ this thread title, you know many people would have had to been killed at birth for Stockton to the G.O.A.T?

Back
Top Bottom