Join us for NikeTalk LIVE 2016, to be held on All Star Sunday, Februrary 14th, in San Francisco!

I was repping the Lakers and non-washed Kobe in the #8 jersey

It was dope hanging out with y'all
Big ups to ace and retrokid for showcasing some amazing pairs

Shoutout to @Nelson C, @HuddlerLuis and the wikia team for hosting us and allowing us to raise some money for onelove.org (?)

Last edited:
Here are my pics:

2K room. Jacob Molly whooped me in the tourney

Ace's display with some of the raffle items. I won the qualmes mixtape for $1.53. Left $2 on the table

View from the podium. Big thanks out to wikia and mando for setting up the place. Awesome set up

The food. I mostly stuck to the hummus and pita bread. Meth not gunna live down the "you only had one job!" [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Have free range of this was amazing. Bastitch busted me out, had 3 Mexican cokes.

The creator and Mr. Air Ball himself lol

Overall best summit I've been too, even better than the strip club summits in SF.

I agree with fongstarr and jojo, the overall vibe was so dope that we should do these more often. Mario busting out the Vick jersey comment was classic.

Just got home from the city, it's really great to see how far NikeTalk has evolved from Summits at parks to a fully interactive event. The Nike Talk Wikia will be pretty awesome, I really hope that it becomes fully integrated with the forums (one login), and as someone suggested beyond shoes i.e classic forums like ekin702 wallet breakers.

It was great seeing all of you, awesome seeing the OGs Jumpmanst/Retrokid, Nelson C, Jojo, Bastich, Donpapa, and damn I forgot dudes name already 35 year old dude I just hit the bar up with and yeah I do regret not talking to that chick :smh:

Anyway, awesome event, thank you Wikia staff, Nelson C, Meth, etc you all did an awesome job, hard to believe I've been on this site since I was in High School 17 years old I'm 32 now, and it's just amazing to see how far it's come and where it's headed.

-Jacob

Event was lot's of fun. It was cool meeting everyone. I was just shocked at how young Nelson C looked. :lol:

Down for another summit whenever

I was just disapointed cause I didn't see any dimes or M3's. Also I think I was the only one to tip for the food :smh:

We were discussing the scam threads from way back. Does anybody remember who it was that got scammed for some shoes and then another NTer went to recover them and just kept them?

Does anybody remember who it was that got scammed for some shoes and then another NTer went to recover them and just kept them?

118lkx0.gif

Meth not gunna live down the "you only had one job!" [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Yeah, I know.  I don't want anyone to overstate my importance to the event, though.  My actual job was primarily to provide remote support and assist with the planning.  

I don't care about being blamed for the food, as ethical considerations constrained our options there, but I don't deserve much credit for the event's success.  It took a total team effort to make this event happen, but the overwhelming majority of that work was performed by the team in SF, including those who, like Nelson C, spent a substantial amount of time and money to travel in specifically for this.  

We have such a great community that you guys could all meet up at a bus station and have a great time, but to even attempt to meet expectations with this, every single aspect of the event had to be carefully planned and executed - and, while both parts of that equation matter, the execution matters most.  

The crew at Wikia did an extraordinary job putting everything together for us.  This event would literally not have happened without them.  In fact, this event was their idea.  (Specifically:  @HuddlerSteph  and @HuddlerLuis.  If you at all enjoyed this event - or even if you just like the idea of the event and would like to see it in a city near you, send them a 'thank you' note.  I know I will.)  

Not only did Wikia open their corporate headquarters to us, but they did so on a Sunday - when the entire building is otherwise closed.  They restocked those beverage refrigerators you've seen just for our guests.  Their volunteers - including members of the upper management team - came gave up part of their Valentine's Day to try and give our guests the best experience possible.  

I appreciate being included in some of the kind think you messages people have been posting, but let's give the credit where it's truly due for this.  

@Nelson C  flew in from Canada to host the event.  @Jumpmanst  flew in from Oregon on the day OF the event, only to fly back 3 hours later, and he brought plenty of goodies with him - including the two promo-only Bugs Bunny 'Wings' posters featured in our charity auction.  @Bastitch  was asked at the last minute to come in early and help fill in for an essential Wikia staff member unable to attend due to a sudden emergency.  Volunteers on site handled all of the set up, took photos, recorded video, handled tech support for all the A/V systems, and ensured that everyone had the best possible experience.  

To see these pictures, to read these testimonials, and to hear about just how far out of their way everyone involved went for this - including the guests, some of whom drove many hours and gave up AMAZING items for our charity auction - makes me so proud to be affiliated with this community.  

I sincerely hope that we're able to build on this success and bring you a NikeTalk Live 2017 that can equal or exceed what we were able to accomplish together this year!  

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much for having this event. I had an amazing time along with some great laughs. Drove to SF from LA on the same day and back and it was all worth it. The experience is definitely one to be remembered. I appreciate what you guys have done for us. Bringing us together, handing out prices, feeding us, and over all contributing to a great cause. This is really what makes Niketalk, Niketalk. I can not emphasize how much I appreciate what you guys have done. THANK YOU. Here's a couple of pics I took from yesterday for those that couldn't be in attendance.

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND
View media item 1912460View media item 1912488
VIBING
View media item 1912496View media item 1912528View media item 1912530
SNEAKER DISPLAY/ AUCTION
View media item 1912533View media item 1912534
2K Tournament
View media item 1912536View media item 1912537View media item 1912538
FOOD
View media item 1912539View media item 1912540
SQUAD
View media item 1912544View media item 1912546

EDIT: Just read a few pages back. I wish I could've went, but the way being a new dad works... :smile: :lol:

Last edited:
It really was an impressive showing and tons of respect and appreciation to everyone who volunteered their time, shoes, effort, everything.. Great job, guys.

I wish I didn't have to leave early. Mad respect to the NT guru's putting this great event together and nice to put some faces to the usernames. Also, I'm the guy with the triple white ultra boost and gray sweater. Until next time......

For the 2K16 tournament I won 1st place and Titus was second, are you all still doing the I$$ certificate? If not it's all good, no worries.

For the 2K16 tournament I won 1st place and Titus was second, are you all still doing the I$$ certificate? If not it's all good, no worries.
Absolutely.  Those will be issued as special gift codes.  I've already been in contact with them about it.  You'll either receive your code from me or @INSTYLESHOES  directly once it's available.

Congratulations! 

Absolutely.  Those will be issued as special gift codes.  I've already been in contact with them about it.  You'll either receive your code from me or @INSTYLESHOES
 directly once it's available.

Congratulations! 

Awesome, thanks Meth!

Absolutely.  Those will be issued as special gift codes.  I've already been in contact with them about it.  You'll either receive your code from me or @INSTYLESHOES
 directly once it's available.

Congratulations! 

Awesome, thanks Meth!
View media item 1914269

Looks like a good time was had. I'm kinda jealous. I hope there can be event like this in NYC, I'd def want to go. 

Back
Top Bottom