Joining the military...What are you thoughts?

How recently ive been thinking about joining the military(probably army). I have a Bachelors Degree and im still having a hard time finding a decent job.  Ive been looking more and more into recently and it doesnt seem that bad(unless they ship me overseas lol).  Id basically have a steady paycheck, nice insurance and most of all I can get rid of this school loan! Betty Mae stay jocking a brotha lol
laugh.gif

So since I have a degree I should be able to go in as a officer. I havent actually talked with a recruiter yet but everyone tells me to be carefull with them because they could mislead you more often than now. Anyone know what type of pay officers receive with a college degree?  Also any of rather important info/tips would be appreciated

How recently ive been thinking about joining the military(probably army). I have a Bachelors Degree and im still having a hard time finding a decent job.  Ive been looking more and more into recently and it doesnt seem that bad(unless they ship me overseas lol).  Id basically have a steady paycheck, nice insurance and most of all I can get rid of this school loan! Betty Mae stay jocking a brotha lol
laugh.gif

So since I have a degree I should be able to go in as a officer. I havent actually talked with a recruiter yet but everyone tells me to be carefull with them because they could mislead you more often than now. Anyone know what type of pay officers receive with a college degree?  Also any of rather important info/tips would be appreciated

My brother recently joined the AF about a year and a half ago and he got stationed in North Dakota
sick.gif

It is better than Iraq though.

I think joining the military is very admirable but I don't think I could ever do it. 

My brother recently joined the AF about a year and a half ago and he got stationed in North Dakota
sick.gif

It is better than Iraq though.

I think joining the military is very admirable but I don't think I could ever do it. 

i was thinking about it too, that is until the recruiter showed up at my door step . she changed my mind quickly and thats not even whats shes supposed to do.

i was thinking about it too, that is until the recruiter showed up at my door step . she changed my mind quickly and thats not even whats shes supposed to do.

Lol I remember they used to come to my moms crib looking for me all early on Saturday morning. I wasnt trying to hear it then either

Lol I remember they used to come to my moms crib looking for me all early on Saturday morning. I wasnt trying to hear it then either

If I had a chance to do it over (I'm in my mid-30s), I'd probably join the AF or Navy sure.  I know an ex-Navy guy... him and his wife enjoy 0% loans because he's a veteran; car and home loans.
My wife's friend went to dental school in Boston and joined the Navy prior to graduating... after graduating she went straight to the Navy and they pretty much are taking care of her loans.  School loan forgiveness is big.  You can't beat the job training opportunities plus the networking contacts you could make is priceless.  Imagine finishing with the AF or wherever and applying for a job... and the executive for that company is also an ex-armed forces or the executive knows one of your commanding officers...  Easy sell right there!

If I had a chance to do it over (I'm in my mid-30s), I'd probably join the AF or Navy sure.  I know an ex-Navy guy... him and his wife enjoy 0% loans because he's a veteran; car and home loans.
My wife's friend went to dental school in Boston and joined the Navy prior to graduating... after graduating she went straight to the Navy and they pretty much are taking care of her loans.  School loan forgiveness is big.  You can't beat the job training opportunities plus the networking contacts you could make is priceless.  Imagine finishing with the AF or wherever and applying for a job... and the executive for that company is also an ex-armed forces or the executive knows one of your commanding officers...  Easy sell right there!

If you're joining for a steady paycheck do not do it. If this is something you truly want, go for it. Recruiters will sell you a dream, but don't go in expecting to make a ton of money. All the base pay is standard across the branches based on time-in, rank, and what you're assigned to do(special pay).

You can meet a lot of people in, but you can also lose a lot of friends and family back home. Life within the military has its highs and lows just like civilian life, but if you're looking to join for the money, I wouldn't suggest it.

If you're joining for a steady paycheck do not do it. If this is something you truly want, go for it. Recruiters will sell you a dream, but don't go in expecting to make a ton of money. All the base pay is standard across the branches based on time-in, rank, and what you're assigned to do(special pay).

You can meet a lot of people in, but you can also lose a lot of friends and family back home. Life within the military has its highs and lows just like civilian life, but if you're looking to join for the money, I wouldn't suggest it.

Originally Posted by downsouthstunna

laugh.gif

Dude, as a veteran, I urge you to strongly consider the Air Force. The Army will NOT be for you. The Navy has opportunities but isn’t in the position “management wise

Originally Posted by downsouthstunna

laugh.gif

Dude, as a veteran, I urge you to strongly consider the Air Force. The Army will NOT be for you. The Navy has opportunities but isn’t in the position “management wise

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

THIS.

Back
Top Bottom