Joining the military...What are you thoughts?

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

If you're joining for a steady paycheck do not do it. If this is something you truly want, go for it. Recruiters will sell you a dream, but don't go in expecting to make a ton of money. All the base pay is standard across the branches based on time-in, rank, and what you're assigned to do(special pay).

You can meet a lot of people in, but you can also lose a lot of friends and family back home. Life within the military has its highs and lows just like civilian life, but if you're looking to join for the money, I wouldn't suggest it.

THIS.

As a former military brat, I would never join personally but it is an admirable thing to do if your doing it for the right reason.

As a former military brat, I would never join personally but it is an admirable thing to do if your doing it for the right reason.

Join. But know what your getting into. I know dudes gotta eat but the military is the muscle of imperialism. More military heads need to develop class conciousness so we can use he military for its true function as self-defense opposed to bullying the 3rd world or aggravating their eternal conflicts. 

Join. But know what your getting into. I know dudes gotta eat but the military is the muscle of imperialism. More military heads need to develop class conciousness so we can use he military for its true function as self-defense opposed to bullying the 3rd world or aggravating their eternal conflicts. 

I always thought to myself I would do it but its like giving my life up for money or school.

You never know what could happen. Its just my opinion.... God bless if you do it!

I always thought to myself I would do it but its like giving my life up for money or school.

You never know what could happen. Its just my opinion.... God bless if you do it!

My girl just left me because she's joining the Army because she thinks they're gonna pay for her to go to college immediately after bootcamp...
tired.gif
 If I ever find those recruiters who told her that pack of lies I will castrate them
30t6p3b.gif

My girl just left me because she's joining the Army because she thinks they're gonna pay for her to go to college immediately after bootcamp...
tired.gif
 If I ever find those recruiters who told her that pack of lies I will castrate them
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

she can take classes on her off time though with TA

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

she can take classes on her off time though with TA

Originally Posted by dnycemodel

You got a degree......go officer.
Don't enlist as a regular soldier, go get better money as a commissioned officer.
I believe that an Army officer's first contract is a minimum 8 year service commitment, too. 
ohwell.gif

youngj00 wrote:
downsouthstunna wrote:
How recently ive been thinking about joining the military(probably army). I have a Bachelors Degree and im still having a hard time finding a decent job.  Ive been looking more and more into recently and it doesnt seem that bad(unless they ship me overseas lol).  Id basically have a steady paycheck, nice insurance and most of all I can get rid of this school loan! Betty Mae stay jocking a brotha lol
laugh.gif

So since I have a degree I should be able to go in as a officer. I havent actually talked with a recruiter yet but everyone tells me to be carefull with them because they could mislead you more often than now. Anyone know what type of pay officers receive with a college degree?  Also any of rather important info/tips would be appreciated

Dude, as a veteran, I urge you to strongly consider the Air Force. The Army will NOT be for you. The Navy has opportunities but isn’t in the position “management wise

Originally Posted by dnycemodel

You got a degree......go officer.
Don't enlist as a regular soldier, go get better money as a commissioned officer.
I believe that an Army officer's first contract is a minimum 8 year service commitment, too. 
ohwell.gif

youngj00 wrote:
downsouthstunna wrote:
How recently ive been thinking about joining the military(probably army). I have a Bachelors Degree and im still having a hard time finding a decent job.  Ive been looking more and more into recently and it doesnt seem that bad(unless they ship me overseas lol).  Id basically have a steady paycheck, nice insurance and most of all I can get rid of this school loan! Betty Mae stay jocking a brotha lol
laugh.gif

So since I have a degree I should be able to go in as a officer. I havent actually talked with a recruiter yet but everyone tells me to be carefull with them because they could mislead you more often than now. Anyone know what type of pay officers receive with a college degree?  Also any of rather important info/tips would be appreciated

Dude, as a veteran, I urge you to strongly consider the Air Force. The Army will NOT be for you. The Navy has opportunities but isn’t in the position “management wise

Ok you should have done ROTC when you were in college. It would have put you in a better positen towards joining. You can do Officer Training School OTS if you can pass a physical, background check and Fitness test. OTS is a hellish thing though.

Ok you should have done ROTC when you were in college. It would have put you in a better positen towards joining. You can do Officer Training School OTS if you can pass a physical, background check and Fitness test. OTS is a hellish thing though.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

ROTC limits you( a lot of academic and physical requirements) and you can lose a lot of money real quick within ROTC, but you do get the commission. I'd go ROTC if I had a lot of hours coming into college. I went to OCS and it wasn't that difficult, but others may tell you different. It is physically and mentally demanding, but if you were prepared prior, you'll do fine.

As for the Air Force guy, the Air Force does take really good care of you.

Just really think about what you'll gain from the military vs losing back home.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

ROTC limits you( a lot of academic and physical requirements) and you can lose a lot of money real quick within ROTC, but you do get the commission. I'd go ROTC if I had a lot of hours coming into college. I went to OCS and it wasn't that difficult, but others may tell you different. It is physically and mentally demanding, but if you were prepared prior, you'll do fine.

As for the Air Force guy, the Air Force does take really good care of you.

Just really think about what you'll gain from the military vs losing back home.

Id almost be willing to do the couple years if I could knock out my school loan, save up the dough and have some military connects to get a civilian job when I get out

Id almost be willing to do the couple years if I could knock out my school loan, save up the dough and have some military connects to get a civilian job when I get out

Back
Top Bottom